Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Seventh Level : 1 West (help please)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
luckypuppy2
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
IP: Logged
icon Journey to Rooted Hold : Seventh Level : 1 West (0)  
I got the roach queens in 1S 1W, but the eyes have got me in 1W any ideas?? thanks :~(

[Last edited by luckypuppy2 at 07-18-2005 07:40 AM : misspell]
07-18-2005 at 07:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zaubberer
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 251
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Seventh Level : 1 West (+1)  
...you have to check which orb is for which gate. halph can help you to open some gates, some you have to toggle yourself. it is possible to kill the eyes in the chamber in the south without awake them.

zaubberer

[Last edited by zaubberer at 07-18-2005 09:15 AM]
07-18-2005 at 09:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Mistweave
Rank Points: 23
A few things to note about the room:

Click here to view the secret text

Hope that helps a bit. This room definitely requires you to think about the order in which you do things...

07-18-2005 at 07:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
luckypuppy2
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Seventh Level : 1 West (0)  
luckypuppy2 wrote:
I got the roach queens in 1S 1W, but the eyes have got me in 1W any ideas?? thanks :~(
:D thanks guys. took me a few to figure why the extra orb. on to level 8 :w00t
07-21-2005 at 07:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-31-2005 at 06:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
grandmoo
Rank Points: 17
OK, I'm baffled... 'extra orb' for the one little gold gate up there at the top? What TO do with that? I figure if I could get the eyeballs w/out being invisible, then i'd be visible on the way up the final path and become invisible as i crossed the force arrow; otherwise, i simply can't figure how to get the last eyeball...i must be missing the obvious, but i'm stumped!

took me a few to figure why the extra orb. on to level 8 :w00t

[Last edited by Oneiromancer at 07-31-2005 08:53 AM]
07-31-2005 at 08:51 AM
key-smiter
Rank Points: 121
Oneiromancer wrote:

Game on,

OK, I'll bite . . . . because I have to. I can take care ofthe other critters besides the roaches. How, though, do you

This does lead to an additional, oxymoronic, question . . . is there an obvious way to find secret rooms, beyond investigating each square of wall in a given level? So far, the only secret room I've found in this hold is on level 4, suggesting either that they're rare or that even dragging the sword across walls doesn't work.

Thanks -
03-26-2006 at 04:27 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
key-smiter wrote:
Oneiromancer wrote:

Game on,

OK, I'll bite . . . . because I have to. I can take care ofthe other critters besides the roaches. How, though, do you
See that road in the grass on the right side of the room? Follow that to the next room down, then come back up...
This does lead to an additional, oxymoronic, question . . . is there an obvious way to find secret rooms, beyond investigating each square of wall in a given level? So far, the only secret room I've found in this hold is on level 4, suggesting either that they're rare or that even dragging the sword across walls doesn't work.
Well, they are somewhat rare. Usually only 1 per level, although some have more. Most of them are behind the secret walls, which are difficult to see, but which certainly are discoverable by dragging your sword along the walls. Usually people just look through all the rooms from the Restore screen after they've beaten the hold and are going back trying to find the secret rooms, if they don't just find them in the course of playing the game.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
03-26-2006 at 05:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
the halphster
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Seventh Level : 1 West (+2)  
If anyone's still stuck, I have a solution.
hope that helped :D

But I can't zig while I'm zagging.
08-04-2006 at 12:51 AM
zwetschenwasser
Rank Points: 200
You mean RIGHT most orb? :D

05-23-2007 at 01:40 AM
Mlizziec
Can you please tell me why I never have a room image available, well at least not until about the third level. I have keyed in my code but I think perhaps there is something else I'm not doing. Help needed please. O:- Thank you!
Liz
07-11-2008 at 06:05 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Seventh Level : 1 West (+3)  
It's hard to tell what your trouble is from here. Clicking on your highscore link, I see that absolutely none of your progress has been uploaded to CaravelNet. If you are properly connected to CaravelNet, there should be a green checkmark in the upper right corner of the main menu screen. I'm guessing you don't have one there.

If there is a red X instead of a green checkmark in that corner,

If there are gray rings instead of a green checkmark in that corner,

If you can't get that green checkmark, I'm afraid I can't help you. You should email support@caravelgames.com for better help. Also, you should check out the CaravelNet FAQ.

If you can get the green checkmark, then we're in business. The room images you can't see will become viewable when the CaravelNet server knows you've visited them. However the game only sends infomation about rooms visited but not conquered when you stop playing and return to the main screen (with Continue Playing Game on it). So make sure you do that before trying to view a room image.
07-11-2008 at 07:09 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:
If you can get the green checkmark, then we're in business. The room images you can't see will become viewable when the CaravelNet server knows you've visited them. However the game only sends infomation about rooms visited but not conquered when you stop playing and return to the main screen (with Continue Playing Game on it). So make sure you do that before trying to view a room image.
You might also want to hit the "Upload Scores" button on the settings page after you get a green checkmark to have the game upload all your pending progress to the server.

07-11-2008 at 08:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
cstatham
Oneiromancer wrote:

I went down the road to the right (on the grass) came back up, nothing. I stuck my sword into the walls, but I still can't figure out how to enter the room from the south.

[Last edited by Briareos at 08-25-2009 06:00 PM : Shortened quote]
08-25-2009 at 05:21 PM
DanielFishman
Rank Points: 159
cstatham wrote:
I went down the road to the right (on the grass) came back up, nothing. I stuck my sword into the walls, but I still can't figure out how to enter the room from the south.

When you come back up having gone down the road to the right, that's where you need to be.
08-25-2009 at 05:47 PM
Briareos
cstatham wrote:
Oneiromancer wrote:

np: Tosca - Dave Dudley (Dehli9 (Disc 1))

08-25-2009 at 06:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
cstatham
cstatham wrote:
Oneiromancer wrote:

Is #5 a reference to a photo of the room?

08-25-2009 at 06:06 PM
cstatham
Briareos wrote:
cstatham wrote:
Oneiromancer wrote:

np: Tosca - Dave Dudley (Dehli9 (Disc 1))

Must I come in from the South? The only entrance I have found is coming in from the East, and then I cannot seem to lure the roaches out of their room.

08-25-2009 at 06:07 PM
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505

08-25-2009 at 06:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
cstatham wrote:
Must I come in from the South? The only entrance I have found is coming in from the East, and then I cannot seem to lure the roaches out of their room.
Are you sure we're talking about the same room?

There's a lot of grass in the right half, with a walkway coming in from the east and exiting to the south.

np: Sascha Funke - Take A Chance With Me (Mango)

[Last edited by Briareos at 08-25-2009 06:24 PM]
08-25-2009 at 06:24 PM
cstatham
Briareos wrote:
cstatham wrote:
Are you sure we're talking about the same room?

There's a lot of grass in the right half, with a walkway coming in from the east and exiting to the south.

np: Sascha Funke - Take A Chance With Me (Mango)

Ohhhhhh, now I get it! I thought there was some secret passage I needed to find. Thanks so much!

08-25-2009 at 06:36 PM
Camwoodstock
Rank Points: 115
My only problem is doing the Evil Eye chamber; I can't seem to do it without the invisibility potion, yet at the same time, I can't use it if I want to get the final chamber done.

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
12-06-2016 at 04:57 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Seventh Level : 1 West (help please)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com