Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-First Level : 4 East
Page 1 of 2
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
bbalint85
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-First Level : 4 East (0)  
I can get to the decoy at the top left corner, but i don't know which fuse to lit...
I need one for the tar, one for the roach top right and the fuse for the brains.
any help?
07-07-2005 at 12:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-First Level : 4 East (+1)  
Click here to view the secret text

Also,

07-07-2005 at 12:46 AM
Chopper
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-First Level : 4 East (0)  
OK. So venting frustration doesn't help. Where do I start in this room? I've failed to see one place where I can even get a toehold.
09-23-2005 at 05:00 PM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
Chopper wrote:
OK. So venting frustration doesn't help. Where do I start in this room? I've failed to see one place where I can even get a toehold.

Well, the orb above the brains is the only place that is free.

09-24-2005 at 01:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chopper
That one is a given. I can even reach the fuse to start it, but I am then stuck with the hordes of roaches to fend off until something goes boom. Is that it or ??????
09-24-2005 at 03:33 AM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
At that point in the room, that's it. This room is teaching you the ability to survive against a brained horde. A trial by fire, as it were.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
09-24-2005 at 03:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chopper
Finally I've waded through all the roaches. 1st decoy in lower right to gain access. Battled across put the second decoy in place to kill the roach and blow the brains, but how do I access the second trapdoor?
09-24-2005 at 06:46 PM
Oneiromancer
I don't think the first decoy goes in the bottom right...that black door is there for a reason. I think dropping that should be the first priority.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
09-24-2005 at 06:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chopper
Got it all, shows as done but how the hell do I get out after killing the last roach and the brains?? Don't tell me, I wasn't supposed to go in there or I may cry.
09-24-2005 at 09:21 PM
Oneiromancer
Okay, I won't tell you then. :)

(Read the second post above, there's a hint related to your situation.)

Game on,

09-24-2005 at 09:27 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Urgh I'm having trouble with this level. I haven't asked for hints twice in a level for a LONG time. How do I get back from hitting the first orb? I can't manage to handle to hordes, one in front one behind. I'm usually good at managing one horde, but two? :~( It's so confuziling.
02-06-2006 at 01:48 AM
Swivel
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 236
You have CaravelNet, so I guess you can see the image. Here it is:

[Last edited by Swivel at 02-06-2006 02:28 AM]
02-06-2006 at 02:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Okay,
That's where I was stuck.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 02-06-2006 11:09 AM]
02-06-2006 at 11:09 AM
Ezlo
But that doesn't mean I can finish the room. Still can't get rid of the golems AND the roaches. :angry
02-09-2006 at 11:46 AM
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
I actually found the brained golems easier to deal with since you don't have to tease them out like normal ones. Here's how I did it:

02-09-2006 at 12:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
wiseoldman
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
Well. not sure where I messed up. I am in the NE corner below the force arrows ... guess I should have use the decoy to set off that fuse. Would be be the right way to go?

I did save the room so I would have to start over at the SW corner, work back to the NW corner, hit the orb, fight my way to the NE corner again ... oh, well .. what else is there to do during the loooong hours ?

Looooooonnnnnngggg hourse paid off big time :w00t Solved the puzzle ... quick tricky but a fair puzzle ... a little thinking ahead was all that was needed ... just had to take my time and think ... :thumbsup

[Last edited by wiseoldman at 05-01-2006 03:20 PM]
05-01-2006 at 01:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
nickcoffey
Rank Points: 27
I solved this quite a different way.

05-06-2006 at 04:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jacques Chirac
Rank Points: 15
TOTALLY STUCK! Don't understand...
I entered from SW, hit the North orb twice, found my way among roaches to the NW decoy, used it to explode the West bomb killing queens and opening the two North mini-doors. Went through the maze for making the center bomb explode, opening East doors. Simultaneously lit the fuse and killed the lonely roach.
So, no more brains, no more roaches.
But how can I drop the East trapdoor?
How can I enter the Golem room??? :(
Thank you.
09-24-2006 at 12:59 AM
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
If I understand your problem right, you ought to be able to use the tunnel to get into the "roomlet" where that second trapdoor is.
09-24-2006 at 01:17 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Jacques Chirac wrote:
How can I enter the Golem room??? :(
Black door next to Golems just screams for...

np: DJ Shadow - Organ Donor (Extended Overhaul) (Endtroducing Deluxe Edition (Disc 2))

09-24-2006 at 01:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maestoso
Rank Points: 15
Ok, my first post in the hints forum. These forums have been really useful, but I just had to comment on this.

The hardest part of this room is manoeuvering while you have two brained hordes chasing you, you're trying to light the fuse, and then waiting for the bomb to explode so that you can go play with the golems. In all, it took me more than 1000 moves to finish this bastard of a room. On the other hand, every single highscore is done by getting into the secret room, then having fun clearing out the golems and one of the spawning spots the easy way.

So, just a question to throw out to anybody, what's the best movecount for starting on the left of the screen? ;-)

Cheers,

Jolyon
10-27-2006 at 12:05 PM
Briareos
Maestoso wrote:
So, just a question to throw out to anybody, what's the best movecount for starting on the left of the screen? ;-)
For me, it was 1320 turns...

Anyway, go here and up the "Number of high scores to view per room (in-game)" setting to "Top 25" and you can see demos up to 805 moves in-game for this room... ;)

np: Vladislav Delay - Onttola (Demo(n) Tracks)

10-27-2006 at 12:15 PM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Briareos wrote:
Maestoso wrote:
For me, it was 1320 turns...

Anyway, go here and up the "Number of high scores to view per room (in-game)" setting to "Top 25" and you can see demos up to 805 moves in-game for this room... ;)

np: Vladislav Delay - Onttola (Demo(n) Tracks)
I managed 985 moves entering from the west.

Oh, and Briareos, perhaps all those demo's are of coming though the secret room. Besides, its quicker to ask the forum rather than check 25 demo's.

[Last edited by NiroZ at 10-27-2006 01:29 PM]
10-27-2006 at 01:25 PM
Briareos
NiroZ wrote:
Yes, but perhaps they were all demo's of coming though the secret room. Besides, its quicker to ask the forum rather than check 25 demo's.
Ummm... Rabscuttle's demo enters from the left side.

Also, why ask for things that you can easily figure out yourself? (Once you've changed the setting I mentioned, that is - "Top 8" is still default AFAIK, and in this case that'll only be demos started from the south...)

What if there was some hypothetical player that asked for a solution for each room in JtRH because it's faster than figuring out the room on his/her own? :D

np: Uusitalo - Uutta Verta Hangella (Tulenkantaja)

10-27-2006 at 01:30 PM
NiroZ
Briareos wrote:
NiroZ wrote:
Yes, but perhaps they were all demo's of coming though the secret room. Besides, its quicker to ask the forum rather than check 25 demo's.
Ummm... Rabscuttle's demo enters from the left side.

Also, why ask for things that you can easily figure out yourself? (Once you've changed the setting I mentioned, that is - "Top 8" is still default AFAIK, and in this case that'll only be demos started from the south...)

What if there was some hypothetical player that asked for a solution for each room in JtRH because it's faster than figuring out the room on his/her own? :D

np: Uusitalo - Uutta Verta Hangella (Tulenkantaja)
IMHO, if everyone that believed you shouldn't ask questions for anything that you have even the slightest chance of figuring out, this would be a very empty forum indeed.

10-27-2006 at 02:05 PM
skip
Rank Points: 12
I have killed all the roaches and the brains but I still have the black door closed and one trap door left. I do not know what to do now.
12-20-2006 at 09:27 PM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
How did you manage that?

Anyway, to open the black door you will have to blow up the tar.

12-20-2006 at 09:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skip
Rank Points: 12
When I blow up the NW corner, I always have one tar circle left.
12-21-2006 at 01:44 AM
NiroZ
skip wrote:
When I blow up the NW corner, I always have one tar circle left.
Well have to tried striking the orb directly above the brains twice?
12-21-2006 at 01:49 AM
Niccus
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 308
You can detonate the second bomb manually, you know ;)

Just... not directly.

[Last edited by Niccus at 12-21-2006 01:51 AM]
12-21-2006 at 01:50 AM
Page 1 of 2
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-First Level : 4 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com