Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Paper Mario 2 TTYD Chat (Talk of PM2!)
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
IP: Logged
icon Paper Mario 2 TTYD Chat (+1)  
Here is an topic for help and discussions of Paper Mario 2 TTYD.

You know, the game where mario tries to catch up peach while trying to find the treasure of the Thousand Year Door...

If you want you can spare challenges and missions.

When revealing an solution, use the
Click here to view the secret text

And use markers when giving challenges. Like you do in challenges board.

Ex:
C h a l l e n g e !
 PM2: TTYD 
Level up till level 35.

And do the same thing for missions.
The code for challenge&mission tags: [ challenge ] Location goes here! [ /challenge ] (Remove the spaces when making your challenge tag though).

EDIT: I like Paper Mario 2 ALOT MORE than DROD. Though DRODs great, i like PM2 too!

Jeff_ray===

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

[Last edited by Jeff_Ray... at 06-30-2005 02:18 PM]
06-30-2005 at 02:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
icon Re: Paper Mario 2 TTYD Chat (0)  
What a coincidence! I bought Paper Mario 2 last week. I haven't had time to play it much, but I can safely say that it is one of the best games I've played.

I don't have any challenges for you yet, but I'll be playing it for a while so we'll see what I can come up with.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
06-30-2005 at 03:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
well, i had it as peresent the day of the 2005 year. In January 1 2006, i will own the PM2TTYD for one year.

Thry the challenge i put in the first post. ^

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-30-2005 at 04:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nillo
Jeff_Ray... wrote:
Thry the challenge i put in the first post. ^
I will... though it doesn't seem "hard" in any way, only time-consuming since you always get at least one star point when fighting monsters.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
06-30-2005 at 04:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Try Rawk Hawk or beating a boss.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-30-2005 at 05:01 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
Best way to level up after you've beaten the game--the underground pipe. I forget what it's called.

Many strong enemies are down there.

06-30-2005 at 07:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Pit of 100 trials. Well about this, i'm somewhere around level 65 and die. Those Dark Craws are the most annoying!

And i'm even at 100 HP!

Jeff_ray===

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-30-2005 at 09:04 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
I played through PM2 a couple of months ago. I enjoyed it. The spatial/shape puzzles were fun and the scenes with hundreds of baddies were novel. (Unless you consider DROD, where you can have a thousand monsters in every room ;) ) I played through the game at about 35HP the whole way. I seriously tried clearing out the Pit of 100 trials once and made it through 80 floors.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-30-2005 at 11:50 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I think I've got everything except the recipes. I even went back and got the champion's belt again. Really cool game. It made me appreciate the 'oddball' design of the NGC controller - the shape of the buttons key you in to where they are, except B, which you have to remember.

I think there should be more controller designs like that, that key you in to where the buttons are by their images on-screen.

07-01-2005 at 09:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
mrimer wrote:
I played through PM2 a couple of months ago. I enjoyed it. The spatial/shape puzzles were fun and the scenes with hundreds of baddies were novel. (Unless you consider DROD, where you can have a thousand monsters in every room ;) ) I played through the game at about 35HP the whole way. I seriously tried clearing out the Pit of 100 trials once and made it through 80 floors.

How you beat the Shadow Queen?!?

I've tried once, but i died.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

07-04-2005 at 05:06 PM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Shadow Queen's not that hard...I beat her on the first try at level 27. I just looked...my HP were at 25 and my FP were at 20, and my BP were at 63. I did have two HP Plus badges equipped, though, to get my HP to 35.

Badges are the most important thing in that game...I had 3 Power Plus, 2 Power Plus P, 1 Defend Plus, and the Quick Change badges equipped, and that just makes a humongous difference.

I only went to level 50 of the Pit of 100 Trials in order to get the expanded bag, and haven't bothered going back yet.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-04-2005 at 06:40 PM
MasterGiga
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
Hey, I've had this game for a while now. I've completed the major parts like the story, the trouble center, the Pit of 100 trials, and found all star pieces. Things I haven't completed are items and recipes...you know, the badges too.

If anyone wants some general advice or tips, I'll help.

I can say that when attempting the Pit of 100 trials...

As for the every other floor...

Anyway, I agree that Paper Mario TTYD is great.

:thumbsup

[Last edited by MasterGiga at 08-07-2005 03:00 AM]
07-05-2005 at 02:28 AM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Oneiromancer wrote:
Shadow Queen's not that hard...I beat her on the first try at level 27. I just looked...my HP were at 25 and my FP were at 20, and my BP were at 63. I did have two HP Plus badges equipped, though, to get my HP to 35.

Badges are the most important thing in that game...I had 3 Power Plus, 2 Power Plus P, 1 Defend Plus, and the Quick Change badges equipped, and that just makes a humongous difference.

I only went to level 50 of the Pit of 100 Trials in order to get the expanded bag, and haven't bothered going back yet.
That's the way to do it! Give the man a hand!

There is some character on a roof in the east side of town (iirc) that gives you hints for beating the queen for 5 coins. But I only remembered the advice he gave after I beat the queen :? I recall one tip is to use the turtle guard before she does the nova-whatever-it-is-blast. I'm guessing that prevents you from taking any damage.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-05-2005 at 09:51 PM
Jeff_Ray...
I try Vivian but in meantime, she is killed by the queen and charges up her Shadow Blast! DMAN MOVE!

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

07-06-2005 at 06:02 PM
Nillo
icon Re: Paper Mario 2 TTYD Chat (+1)  
I've played this for a total of 46 hours now, and I haven't finished it yet.

Opinions about the companions:

07-09-2005 at 06:04 PM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Oh.

I didn't get all the star pieces, but I didn't need 'em.

Here's how you beat the Shadow Queen.

What can I say? I'm twinkish like that.
07-09-2005 at 10:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MasterGiga
Nillo wrote:
I've played this for a total of 46 hours now, and I haven't finished it yet.

Opinions about the companions:

07-10-2005 at 12:35 AM
Banjooie

Not that she wasn't awesome as a character, though. She was kickin' as a character.
07-10-2005 at 12:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nillo
I finished the game today! It only took me 53 hours and a half.

The confrontation with the Shadow Queen:

This is one of the best, if not the best RPG I've played.
Now I'll play something else for a while, then I'll go find all the recipes, badges and stuff I missed.

07-11-2005 at 01:14 PM
Jeff_Ray...
I've completed the game. I had three power jumps badges even though they costed 8FP every use, i had an Shine Sprite Bingo near the end and i whipped her easily then.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

[Last edited by mrimer at 07-11-2005 07:43 PM]
07-11-2005 at 07:42 PM
Banjooie
I don't know how you people have a hard time with her, once you get her timing down. I really don't.

Edit: Okay, since I got modded down for this post, uh.

I don't mean this in the 'wow, you're dumb' way, but in the 'seriously, what is the problem' way. I don't get it.

And there you go. I think I'm outta advice.

[Last edited by Banjooie at 07-13-2005 08:12 PM]
07-11-2005 at 09:02 PM
Jeff_Ray...
And too, when i had my Bingo, she was already down. I was very lucky.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

07-14-2005 at 10:32 PM
Banjooie
I despise the bingo system, on the grounds that it adores giving me mushrooms of either color.
07-14-2005 at 11:37 PM
Antino_Antilles
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
[If something similar to this is already sbmitted then that is an error]

Hello everyone. This probably has nothing to do with your posts, but I'm going to submit my current badges. While I may not have had this exact badge list at the time, I should note that I have beaten the Shadow Queen and the Pit of 100 Trials (both with no more than 60 HP or so), and I am now at the point where the only things that give me Star Points are Amayzee Dayzees. So, here is my CURRENT badge list (I have 54 BP and am at level 51). Prepare to be blown away by my brilliance.

Slow Go
Attack FX (All)
Chill Out
First Attack
Feeling Fine
Feeling Fine P
HP Drain P
Last Stand
Last Stand P
Defend Plus (3)
Defend Plus P (2)
Damage Dodge (2)
Damage Dodge P (2)
P-Down, D-Up
P-Down, D-Up P
Jumpman
Hammerman

Slow Go is, of course, obvious. The others require a bit of explanation.

First Attack, because of my high level, prevents me from actually getting a first strike in battle. Chill Out prevents the opponent from the same. The Feeling Fines prevent status problems. HP Drain P is simply to lower my partner's attack (I usually use Yoshi, who normally has 1 attack most of the time). Last Stands are incase I ever get in danger, which is doubtful, because I have 4 Defense Power with Mario's combined badges and 3 with my partner's. The Damage Dodges make it so I can guard up to 7 damage with Mario, 6 with a partner. All of this is with the help of the P-Down, D-Ups. And then we come to the bulk of the list, Jumpman and Hammerman. Having them both on at once insures that my only decent attacks will be Star Powers, which I usually refrain from using. More often I will use the Defend tactic to increase my defense even more. When I do this, it prevents anyone who hasn't charged from ever damaging me. As I mentioned earlier, I can also do little in the damage situation.

I also aid this badge list with an item list made up of Courage Shells, Life Shrooms, Boo's Sheets, and some sort of healing item like Jelly Ultra or something.

So... what do you think?

08-03-2005 at 09:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Antino_Antilles
Oh, and I almost forgot! I sold Return Postage, both Power Plusses, and both Power Plus Ps to the Badge Shop after buying it out. Just thought I'd let you in on more of my genius insights. Cheers.
08-03-2005 at 10:05 AM
Antino_Antilles
Dang it, I keep forgetting stuff... incase no one knows, Return Postage is the badge you get at the bottom of the Pit of 100 trials. It "makes direct attackers take 1/2 the damage they do." OK, I'm off now.
08-03-2005 at 10:06 AM
MasterGiga
It's funny how Return Postage was pretty useless to me. I was already done with the tough enemies that I would need that badge for. So when I received it I was like..."Plenty of good it does me now!" I suppose the earlier on in the story that you complete the Pit of 100 trials, the more useful Return Postage will be.
:?

08-03-2005 at 10:20 AM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Your badge choices are interesting, I suppose...but they aren't really relevant to most people, because almost no one is going to bother getting to that level or badge points. It would have been more useful to get your level and configurations for when you actually beat the final boss and the Pit boss. But congratulations on getting so far.

By the way, you don't have to make new posts to add things you forgot...there's an Edit button at the bottom of your posts which you can use to make changes.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-03-2005 at 03:50 PM
Antino_Antilles
Well, I know no one is as devoted as me, because-- get this-- I ran out of play time. I'm at 99:59 and I can still play and save, but the hours don't increase any more.

Incase no one realized, or are too lazy to read my longer posts, my strategy is to disable my own attacks but increase my defense to the point where no one can hurt me. Basically, I'm invincible but can't attack. Nice, eh?
08-03-2005 at 07:41 PM
Banjooie
You're at that point in the game, and you're still getting hit instead of powerguarding?

What?
08-03-2005 at 07:59 PM
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Paper Mario 2 TTYD Chat (Talk of PM2!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com