Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Age of Empires II (Yeah for Father's Day)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
IP: Logged
icon Age of Empires II (+1)  
It has been forever since I have played Age Of Empires II. Well, my wife got it (and the expansion) for Father's Day. I forgot how great that game really is.
Hurray for Father's Day!!!
06-27-2005 at 10:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
goldenlion
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 199
icon Re: Age of Empires II (0)  
Great game. And educational too.

06-27-2005 at 11:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
Best of all, a sequel's coming out for it, Age of Empires III, and it looks simply bea-eww-tee-ful. I have the ice picture as my background right now.

But the whole AoE is good, which is the main reason why I have all four games sitting on my CD rack. The information booklet for A0E was extremly cool, as it had a lot of actual real-life history in it. In fact, I learned a lot of history from that book alone. Did you know that the world had two know dark ages where technology declined or was lost? First was arounf 1200BC, the second around 400AD. The 400AD one was caused by the destruction of the Great Library of Alexandria, which may have set our technological progress back by several hundred years.

All of that learned from a simple game manual. Wotta concept. DROD: The City Beneath should have Eighth history in it's manual just for fun.

06-28-2005 at 06:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
My, that would be fun. Only problem is, though, Erik'd probably have to write it, and that man has a lot on his plate.

06-28-2005 at 01:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
SKWERLL
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 77
That game is awesome. I'm normally not fond of Microsoft, but I remember how much time I spent (wasted?) playing that game.

The best hold in the world!
06-30-2005 at 03:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
If anyone wants, I can arrange to play this game with them somehow.The only thing is it probably won't be within a few weeks.

06-30-2005 at 04:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
Rank Points: 423
rowrow wrote:
If anyone wants, I can arrange to play this game with them somehow.The only thing is it probably won't be within a few weeks.

I wouldn't mind playing sometime. It would be fun... however, I am going to be in and out of town for the next couple of weeks (vacation, family reunions, software conventions, etc.). Post something and hopfully I see it.

07-05-2005 at 08:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Age of Empires II (Yeah for Father's Day)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com