Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 24 bottom left corner
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
J.L.
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 38
IP: Logged
icon Level 24 bottom left corner (0)  
I can't even begin to start this room. This is my second play through, and I remember that
Click here to view the secret text
but I still can't get anywhere. Help would be appreciated.
06-30-2003 at 12:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: Level 24 bottom left corner (0)  
Every man and his dog has asked about this one. There must be something here on the board about it.

06-30-2003 at 10:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
J.L.
I've searched, but found no tips for how to start.
06-30-2003 at 04:12 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Links to other posts on this topic: 1, 2, 3, and 4.

I know that at least two of those discuss hints on which room to start in.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
06-30-2003 at 05:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
J.L.
icon Re: Re: Level 24 bottom left corner (0)  
Oneiromancer wrote:
I know that at least two of those discuss hints on which room to start in.
Game on,

I know which room I'm supposed to start in. I said I remember that part in my very first post. What I can't remember is what to do in the room you're supposed to start in.
07-01-2003 at 12:26 AM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Okay, well, if you know what room you are supposed to start in, then you know that you aren't going to stay there. You need to go back and forth between the two rooms until you can make it to each tar mother. It's really hard to give specific hints beyond what is given in the other posts I linked to. And there are some hints there that may be what you need to know, you just don't realize it yet.

Look, I know that these rooms suck...I think they were the most aggravating on this level. But I kept telling myself, "you made it this far, you can do this too." And I eventually beat them. It took perhaps more pure trial and error than any other room, which is why it is hard to give any real specific directions out. I do remember that it was much easier to get in and kill the mothers than it was to get out again, so if you are tearing your hair out now...

Just keep trying, only one more level after this one!

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-01-2003 at 12:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
I swear level 24 will be a cakewalk after level 21. God that level's annoying me.

Then again, Clayton reckons level 23's the hardest, so maybe my suffering isn't quite over.

Edit because I'm an annoying parrot and won't shut up: I was wrong. Level 23 was indeed hard, but level 24 really is god-awful.

Just 18 more rooms to go until it's all over...

Matt

[Edited by Mattcrampy on 07-16-2003 at 11:46 AM]

07-01-2003 at 02:37 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 24 bottom left corner
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com