Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Can I do screen dumps?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
geomatrx
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
IP: Logged
icon Can I do screen dumps? (0)  
When you upload holds to CaravelNet, its dumps bitmaps of the level and room structures.

Is there anyway to do this within JtRH, specifically dumping the level structure?

g

MetDROiD Echoes
Deadly Gold Mine of Death (Architecture)
06-05-2005 at 02:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: Can I do screen dumps? (+1)  
It doesn't actually dump bitmaps - it's assembled server-side from the hold file, thanks to finely tuned Schik-brand coding. Since 1872!

If you just want a bitmap of a level, best thing to do is pop it open in the editor or the restore screen and take a screenshot (Ctrl+PrtScr is my personal favourite, although I think F11 works as well.) If you used Ctrl+PrtScr, open up Paint, paste and save. You may need to take multiple images and Photoshop them together to get the full unblemished image.

(You can bring up the map in-game, but I believe there's a bit of transparancy applied to it, which isn't ideal for your purposes.)

If you actually want the level layout exported, there's no in-game way to do that other than saving it as a hold file, which isn't exactly recognised by Word.

(Also, if you're trying to reproduce JtRH as a hold file, please don't. You probably aren't - I bet you've got some hold art like Clayton's 'Eye' or something - but in the off-chance anybody reading is, it's a nice way to deliver a sucker-punch to Caravel for all their hard work.)

06-05-2005 at 05:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
geomatrx
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
icon Re: Can I do screen dumps? (0)  
I was making my own hold, and as a 'secret'. I was gonna have a room with a bitmap of the level in thats all.

Guess I'll have to photodraw them together then. thanks.

g

MetDROiD Echoes
Deadly Gold Mine of Death (Architecture)
06-05-2005 at 06:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Can I do screen dumps?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com