Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DROD 2.0 Source crash
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ArchMageOmega
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 9
IP: Logged
icon DROD 2.0 Source crash (0)  
I finally got DROD 2.0 to compile and it runs fine; however, when I go into the editor it doesn't show anything in the preview box (lower-right corner thing) and if I click on edit room in crashes. (Also, I can't play an existing hold, but that's been discussed elsewhere.)

Anyone else had this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?

Edit: On a second look, the "DROD couldn't load the saved game. There is probably an error in DROD that needs to be fixed. It could be that game was saved with a previous version of DROD, and this version is unable to load it" problem is only mentioned once elsewhere and there was no replies to it.

Edit (Again): I've been looking through the source code and I was wondering if the data files with the source code include any styles? I downloaded a style and stuck it in the bitmaps directory but I don't think it included all of the files.

Edit (Sorry): I replaced the .dat files in the DROD 2.0 Source with the ones that came with the DROD demo (for my own use only). It fixed both problems, so there must be something important missing from the empty .dat files that come with the source.

[Edited by ArchMageOmega at Local Time:06-03-2005 at 11:22 PM]

[Edited by ArchMageOmega at Local Time:06-03-2005 at 11:30 PM]

[Edited by ArchMageOmega at Local Time:06-04-2005 at 12:06 AM]
06-03-2005 at 11:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: DROD 2.0 Source crash (0)  
ArchMageOmega wrote:
I finally got DROD 2.0 to compile and it runs fine; however, when I go into the editor it doesn't show anything in the preview box (lower-right corner thing) and if I click on edit room in crashes. (Also, I can't play an existing hold, but that's been discussed elsewhere.)

Anyone else had this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?
For 2.0.7+ source code to work, the drod.ini needs to contain the [Graphics] section. I'm not sure what influence the .dat files would have, however.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-04-2005 at 09:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ArchMageOmega
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 9
Oh. I see.

(I just tried again with the blank dat files and added the graphics section to the ini. I downloaded a Style1 and a GeneralTiles file but it still crashes. This time, as soon as I click on the build button.)
06-04-2005 at 10:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wmarkham
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 125
I noticed this problem, but I copied my data files over from my working installation of JtRH (with the same version #). After that, it worked fine.
06-06-2005 at 08:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DROD 2.0 Source crash
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com