Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : All kinds of funkiness trying to delete PMs
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
IP: Logged
icon All kinds of funkiness trying to delete PMs (+5)  
"delete checked PMs" (with, say, a couple check) => no effect

"delete this message?" (while viewing one you want to delete) => "Your message has been deleted" BUT when you click "PM inbox" it says "this username/password is invalid" and if you review your inbox (via some other clicking around to get back to the PM menu) your 'deleted' PM is still there.

similar weird things with the PM outbox.

"delete all" seemed to work with the outbox (though I haven't tried it with the inbox because I still have a couple I want to keep)

--

ahey, I can help, you know. http://www.silverchat.com/~silver/silverHarloeOnlineResume.txt . Not that I have oodles of time if I get this job I'm interviewing for next week, but..., well, thought I'd offer. and I have lots of time if I DON'T get the job :).

--

EDIT: I just now found you "fixed" this problem about 6 times in the past. well, it still comes up? weird, eh? (when I searched to see if I was being redundant, I searched for "PM" and didn't see it. when I searched for a different topic, I searched for "delete" and <poof> all the things I should have seen before posting this message came up)

[Edited by silver at Local Time:05-28-2005 at 03:27 PM]

05-28-2005 at 03:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: All kinds of funkiness trying to delete PMs (+1)  
silver wrote:
"delete checked PMs" (with, say, a couple check) => no effect
I can't reproduce this. I tried it a few times with one or more message checked and it worked every time. :?
"delete this message?" (while viewing one you want to delete) => "Your message has been deleted" BUT when you click "PM inbox" it says "this username/password is invalid" and if you review your inbox (via some other clicking around to get back to the PM menu) your 'deleted' PM is still there.
Ah! This one was a bug. Fixed.
similar weird things with the PM outbox.

"delete all" seemed to work with the outbox (though I haven't tried it with the inbox because I still have a couple I want to keep)
Ummm... you can't delete stuff from your outbox. At least *I* can't...
05-30-2005 at 01:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
icon Re: All kinds of funkiness trying to delete PMs (0)  
re: the outbox. I don't know why I said that. I think I must have one point got fed up with being unable to delete selected messages in my inbox and used "delete all" on it. though I was pretty sure I could delete outgoing messages which were unread by the recipient? or maybe I'm on crack.

the "delete selected" with one or two messages checked still doesn't work for me (XP, IE, cookies are not disabled, but some of the other security like popup protection is enabled),
however I can confirm that I can now work around this by selecting messages individually and clicking "delete this message" (i.e. your fix worked for me. yay)

EDIT: unfortunately, I deleted all the PMs I wanted deleted before I thought of PMing you my password and having you see if it's something about my user, rather than my browser. hrm. (If I can't trust the guy with root access to the disk, I have other problems besides him knowing my password :) ).

[Edited by silver at Local Time:05-30-2005 at 03:05 AM]

05-30-2005 at 01:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: All kinds of funkiness trying to delete PMs (+1)  
With silver's help, I was able to reproduce and fix this bug. Thanks!

05-30-2005 at 10:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : All kinds of funkiness trying to delete PMs
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com