Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Riddle of the Trinkets
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged

File: envelope.jpg (75.3 KB)
Downloaded 946 times.
License: Other
icon Riddle of the Trinkets (+1)  
Some people who received the DROD:JtRH CD also received one of these:

(I'm led to believe that most will not have 'Matthew Cramp' on them.)

Inside this folder, one will find a collection of trinkets and a note written in Sihmpuhl Englihsh, which, as far as we can gather, reads:

Click here to view the secret text

Can anyone who received one tell us what trinkets they got (the common theme is three pieces of picture, one small version of the folder, one wooden snake, two small silver keys and two 'ba gua')? If you can, try to scan in the pieces of picture, so we can try to assemble the pieces.

If anyone has any theories about what the trinkets mean, you're very welcome to share them.

[Edited by Mattcrampy at Local Time:05-24-2005 at 12:46 PM: Added picture]

05-24-2005 at 12:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838

File: Picture Pieces (agaricus5).png (282.7 KB)
Downloaded 155 times.
icon Re: Riddle of the Trinkets (+1)  
Mattcrampy wrote:
I have a suspicion that the last word...

Can anyone who received one tell us what trinkets they got (the common theme is three pieces of picture, one small version of the folder, one wooden snake, two small silver keys and two 'ba gua')? If you can, try to scan in the pieces of picture, so we can try to assemble the pieces.
Yup, I got the same things as you.

My pieces are attached to this post, although I apologise for the large size (I used a high resolution to encure clarity). I also edited them so they'd be easier to see, but if you need them re-scanned and straightened, let me know.

If anyone has any theories about what the trinkets mean, you're very welcome to share them.

I think they might have something to do with the Architects' Seal. The keys could represent the key on in the top corner, while the Pa Kua might be representative of the little circle in the bottom left. I don't know about the serpent, though. Maybe it represents one of the Empire's creations?

[Edited by agaricus5 at Local Time:05-24-2005 at 04:03 PM]

[Edited by agaricus5 at Local Time:05-24-2005 at 04:07 PM]

[Edited by Schik at Local Time:05-24-2005 at 10:54 PM: Edited the pic down from 4+ MB to under 300KB]

05-24-2005 at 03:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979

File: pieces.zip (73.1 KB)
Downloaded 123 times.
Two keys? I've only got one...

I think I can guess what that part of my picture means.

-- Tim

[Edited by Tim at Local Time:05-24-2005 at 10:21 PM: Pieces Attached]

05-24-2005 at 10:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tscott
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 382

File: trinkets.jpg (122 KB)
Downloaded 138 times.
Looks like I got at least one piece similar to Tim. If anyone needs a better scan or the pieces straightened or such let me know and I'll see what I can do.

05-24-2005 at 10:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zmann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 241

File: pieces.jpg (85.2 KB)
Downloaded 119 times.
icon Re: Riddle of the Trinkets (0)  
Yes, all my trinkets are the same except, like Tim, I only have one key.

The pieces are attached.

[Edited by Zmann at Local Time:05-25-2005 at 12:54 AM]
05-25-2005 at 12:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
I also got two keys and three small pictures. I'll upload my pictures when I get a chance (I'll either have to go use the school's scanner or I'll borrow my friend'd digital camera).

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
05-25-2005 at 12:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bibelot
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 322
I got the same (two keys, three pictures, two ba gua, a small folder, and a snake). If I can ever get a hold of a scanner or some such device I'll try to upload them.
05-25-2005 at 01:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
Interesting stuff. I bet if you join forces to assemble all three pictures, then chant B'hakhgra Du S'tra Moth'ness Ti, you initiate some sort of summoning spell. As long as it doesn't summon that creepy salesman from the full-version exit screen.

05-25-2005 at 03:37 AM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Riddle of the Trinkets (+2)  
Danforth Strout is a god among men, sir. He can and will shake you by the epaulets until you cease your moneywasting ways. :(
05-25-2005 at 07:39 AM
Phweengee
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 66
Do you supposed if I ordered the cd now, that these trinkets might be included? I would love to get my hands on some DROD collectibles.

05-26-2005 at 09:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Phweengee wrote:
Do you supposed if I ordered the cd now, that these trinkets might be included? I would love to get my hands on some DROD collectibles.

Unfortunately, these trinkets that are being discussed were only sent to the dev team and the beta testers...a thank-you-gift from Erik and Brittany. Sorry, man...

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
05-26-2005 at 09:59 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388

File: pieces.JPG (48 KB)
Downloaded 119 times.
They may have been sent to contest winners, but I'm not sure.

In any case, you can help us solve the mystery!

My pieces are attached.

05-27-2005 at 05:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Watcher
Rank Points: 902

File: pieces.jpg (266.6 KB)
Downloaded 111 times.
My pieces are attached.

I wonder - how were the trinkets distributed in the folder? In my case, it's three puzzle pieces in the middle pocket, a wooden snake in the upper left, a small folder in the upper right, two keys in the lower left, and two ba gua in the lower right. Inside the small folder, the distribution is different - the folder is in the lower left pocket, and there's nothing in the upper right (although there may be a key or two inside - it's hard to tell).

As for the text:

05-27-2005 at 10:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
krammer
Rank Points: 904
I'm afraid I don't have access to a scanner at the moment, so I can't show you my picture pieces. For the record, I got the same as everyone else, with only one key, and in the same places in the folder as Watcher's.

"Oook!"
05-27-2005 at 11:14 AM
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
One seems to be a 100 Eightdollar note or something like that.
05-27-2005 at 11:51 AM
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119

File: pieces_Stefan.jpg (77.8 KB)
Downloaded 128 times.
I finally recharged the batteries for my digital camera and took a picture of the pieces I received.

I had a wooden snake in the upper left pocket, the three pieces in the upper middle pocket, a small folder in the upper right pocket, a key in the lower left pocket and two 'ba gua' in the lower right pocket. Inside the small folder the distibution is different: There seems to be nothing in the upper right pocket and the small folder is in the lower left pocket.

[Edited by Stefan at Local Time:05-30-2005 at 02:14 PM: I seem to have stopped mid-sentence... -_- Now I've forgotten what I wanted to say, so I just removed that sentence.]

05-30-2005 at 01:06 PM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Mattcrampy wrote:
They may have been sent to contest winners, but I'm not sure.

Nope. I can vouch.

05-30-2005 at 06:46 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708

File: eytan_scraps.jpg (7.6 KB)
Downloaded 119 times.
Here are my puzzle-pieces

05-30-2005 at 08:09 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056

File: MRimerTiles.png (147.5 KB)
Downloaded 110 times.
Here are my pieces.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-30-2005 at 08:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
AlefBet
Rank Points: 979

File: AlefBetTiles.png (489.8 KB)
Downloaded 105 times.
This message intentionally left blank.

++Adam H. Peterson
06-03-2005 at 09:08 PM
Oneiromancer

File: JtRH bonus items Neil.jpg (56.3 KB)
Downloaded 114 times.
I really want to scan my pieces in instead of this crappy picture...but it will do for now.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
06-03-2005 at 11:11 PM
Banjooie
icon Re: Riddle of the Trinkets (+2)  
Okay, here's what I've got so far for pieces.

I'm not one of you priviledged beta tester folks, so I've nothing to offer you in that respect.

[Edited by Banjooie at Local Time:06-03-2005 at 11:25 PM]

[Edited by Banjooie at Local Time:06-03-2005 at 11:25 PM]
06-03-2005 at 11:23 PM
Oneiromancer
There should be three puzzles, yes...and every person got three pieces...so there should be an even number of pieces for all three large pictures. It seems like you have divided them up unsymmetrically...you might want to look into that. The blue piece with a black tip in the corner, for example, probably goes with the hands picture (and does match up with another one, as we saw on the private boards before putting it up here).

Game on,

06-03-2005 at 11:27 PM
Banjooie
There ought to be an equal number of pieces, but I'm assuming I haven't seen them all yet.
06-03-2005 at 11:29 PM
Oneiromancer
Everyone that posted their pieces so far have posted exactly three pieces, so all I'm saying is that each of the composites that you made should have an equal number of pieces.

Game on,

06-04-2005 at 12:16 AM
Banjooie
Ah, Oneiro, but I've removed duplicate pieces. (As seen from the bill.)
06-04-2005 at 01:25 AM
Oneiromancer
Ah, but some of the pieces that seem like duplicates, aren't. Especially the pieces with the humanoid figure standing by itself...they are indeed different, not just the same piece cut in different shapes. I believe that all the pieces were cut from the same original art piece, which means we'll only figure out the full pictures if everyone who got them posts them here. So if I were you, I wouldn't assume there were any duplicates at all, just pieces that happen to look the same but just indicate that a similar image is repeated on the full picture.

Game on,

06-04-2005 at 01:30 AM
Banjooie
I dunno. I was watching the wobbly bits on the bill pretty carefully, and I /think/ some repeated.

And, y'know, if some people lost their bits or something, we may have a problem.
06-04-2005 at 02:06 AM
Oneiromancer
I know it's hard to tell, but Eytan's and my "Bill" pieces are not the same. You can tell by the shadows...his humanoid's arm is touching its body in the shadow, whereas mine has a small gap in the shadow between the arm and the body. Also, the shapes of the hands in the shadow are different between the two. So it seems like you just cut out my piece from the "Bill" mosaic, since it seemed to be the same...but it is indeed different.

I think it makes the most sense to decide, from all 3 pieces each person has, which one goes with "Bill", "Graveyard", or "Peaches" and just put them there...I don't think there's any overlap.

Please don't take this the wrong way...I very much appreciate what you're doing!

Game on,

06-04-2005 at 02:34 AM
schep
Rank Points: 865
I think Tim's and Tscott's pieces of the black and white bill/stamp are indeed from the same part of the drawing (I haven't looked for more duplicates yet). But Tscott's is larger, which may mean multiple copies were cut slightly differently.

[Edited by schep at Local Time:06-04-2005 at 02:43 AM: username capitalization]
06-04-2005 at 02:36 AM
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Riddle of the Trinkets
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com