Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Entering the Dreamplane
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
dweeb
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Entering the Dreamplane (0)  
I have solved all the rooms and all the secret rooms but cannot find the dreamplane. How do I get to it?

David
05-21-2005 at 03:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Entering the Dreamplane (+1)  
Click here to view the secret text

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
05-21-2005 at 05:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939

Edit: *Shakes fist at Oneiromancer*

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:05-21-2005 at 05:18 PM]

05-21-2005 at 05:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
dweeb
Rank Points: 11
icon Re: Entering the Dreamplane (0)  
Thanks, found it now.

David
05-21-2005 at 07:44 PM
Muiff
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 32
I have found the entrance to the Dreamplane but can't get through the barrier. I have
but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, or haven't done, or whatnot.
05-10-2006 at 02:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
If you've conquered the hold, the master walls will be faded out and you can walk straight through them. If they're still solid, the game thinks you've left a secret unconquered.

I'd just load the restore screen and flick through each floor to see what the counts look like -- maybe you cleared a secret room but forgot to walk out of it before restoring somewhere else or something.
05-10-2006 at 02:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Muiff
Tuttle wrote:
I'd just load the restore screen and flick through each floor to see what the counts look like -- maybe you cleared a secret room but forgot to walk out of it before restoring somewhere else or something.

Done that...
I have explored 100% and conquered every secret in every level. Feels like a bug.
05-10-2006 at 04:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Walk down the ending stairs again.
05-10-2006 at 04:52 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Muiff
Thanks, now I see why the game won't let me through. It says I have only conquered 91% of the secrets, although I've conquered all secrets in each individual level.
05-10-2006 at 10:22 PM
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
Ouch. I had my JtRH secrets percentage drop once (even after I'd finished the Dreamplane), but it also showed a few secrets as unconquered in the Restore screen again. Once I'd done them again it was happy.

If the individual floors all show x/x completed but the total is only 91%, that is sounding like a bug.
05-10-2006 at 10:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5058
Ouch. I had my JtRH secrets percentage drop once (even after I'd finished the Dreamplane), but it also showed a few secrets as unconquered in the Restore screen again. Once I'd done them again it was happy.
Yeah, this was a bug in early versions. I can't remember exactly when it was fixed, but people who were playing some hold a year or so ago might experience this problem occasionally.

Please go to the Restore Screen and check every level again for having all secret rooms conquered in each one (written in the lower-left corner of the screen). I'm fairly certain you'll find one that says a secret room or two (or three) have not been conquered.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 05-11-2006 12:32 AM]
05-11-2006 at 12:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Muiff
Ok I've discovered why: I skipped level 22! I should be fine once I've done that...

Thanks everyone who tried to help O:-
05-12-2006 at 02:20 PM
RubellaGolda
Rank Points: 52
I'm still having a problem entering the Dreamplane.

The restore screen flags all 25 levels as 100% complete and all secrets conquered, but when I restore to the exit of level 25 and walk down the stairs, it says 97% conquered. How is this possible?

In case this turns out to be a bug: I'm using the version 2.0.13 for OSX.

Edit: Oops, where did level eighteen go? It is missing from my restore screen... :blush

[Last edited by RubellaGolda at 09-22-2006 08:06 AM : silly, silly]
09-22-2006 at 08:03 AM
rhaining
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 25
I am unable to see a completed percentage or a listing of how many secrets there are per level in the Restore screen. Could someone post a screenshot of their Restore screen with the info highlighted? That would be much appreciated.

I'm concerned that I can't see this info because I'm running 2.0.11 on Mac OS X. I tried upgrading once but it was not intuitive how to do so and keep my ~18 levels worth of progress. Fortunately, I was able to roll back to 2.0.11 and my save game was still intact. If anyone could point me to some sort of upgrading-on-Mac-OS-X FAQ that would be appreciated as well.

01-13-2007 at 12:57 PM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
rhaining wrote:
I am unable to see a completed percentage or a listing of how many secrets there are per level in the Restore screen. Could someone post a screenshot of their Restore screen with the info highlighted? That would be much appreciated.
There's nothing wrong with your version.

The thing that you missed is that you get the listing after you have finished the hold.

So, you need to finish the hold first. :)

01-13-2007 at 01:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rhaining
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 25
Thank you!

I'd also like to ask a clarification about how Restore works. Not sure where to ask that, but as I'll very likely be using it to get to the Dreamplane, I will ask here.

It seems that, when I Restore, it's not like warping to other parts of the dungeon, it's like warping back in time, correct? So can I use Restore to jump to the parts that I haven't yet completed, or not? Basically, if I miss something early on, am I totally screwed and will I have to do huge portions of the hold again?

I notice that in almost all cases, I am unable to go back up a staircase once I've gone down. I've tried to be very thorough about not missing secrets, but I wouldn't stake my life that I haven't missed any.

On to the 20th level!

-Rorke.

01-14-2007 at 04:15 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
rhaining wrote:
Thank you!

I'd also like to ask a clarification about how Restore works. Not sure where to ask that, but as I'll very likely be using it to get to the Dreamplane, I will ask here.

It seems that, when I Restore, it's not like warping to other parts of the dungeon, it's like warping back in time, correct? So can I use Restore to jump to the parts that I haven't yet completed, or not? Basically, if I miss something early on, am I totally screwed and will I have to do huge portions of the hold again?

I notice that in almost all cases, I am unable to go back up a staircase once I've gone down. I've tried to be very thorough about not missing secrets, but I wouldn't stake my life that I haven't missed any.

On to the 20th level!

-Rorke.
Depends on the type of room. If it is a regular room, yes, if you manage to leave the level then you will have to go back and finish it. However, JtRH uses the blue doors to make sure that that cannot happen. The type of room that you don't have to finish, the ones which has large flashing text come up saying 'Secret rooms', you can restore to at any time and complete at your leisure, and it will save your progress.

Hope that helps :)
01-14-2007 at 04:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5058
rhaining wrote:
It seems that, when I Restore, it's not like warping to other parts of the dungeon, it's like warping back in time, correct?
That's right.
So can I use Restore to jump to the parts that I haven't yet completed, or not? Basically, if I miss something early on, am I totally screwed and will I have to do huge portions of the hold again?
No, you won't have to do anything again. Just play to the end to finish the hold. And then...(see below)
I've tried to be very thorough about not missing secrets, but I wouldn't stake my life that I haven't missed any.
That's okay. You can restore back "in time" to mop up secret rooms you've missed at any time. These will add to your secret count for entering the Dreamplane.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
01-15-2007 at 04:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chimerix
Rank Points: 41
Ok, I'm having a more mundane difficulty here... finding all the secrets! I finished level 25, and scrolling thru the RESTORE screen, I see I have missed a whopping 10 secrets on the descent!!

So, I start scrutinizing maps, and running thru levels, and I'll be buggered if I can find a one of 'em! I went so far on one level as to drag my sword across every single square of wall that bordered every room, to no avail. I realize that not all secrets are accessed that way, but still...

Without asking specifically for the locations of these 10 well-hidden secrets, can I get some general tips on how to go about locating a secret room?

Mahalo!

10-04-2007 at 11:35 PM
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
icon Re: Entering the Dreamplane (+2)  
Chimerix wrote:
Without asking specifically for the locations of these 10 well-hidden secrets, can I get some general tips on how to go about locating a secret room?
IIRC, every secret but one in JtRH is access via (a) secret wall(s). You generally just need to look at the room (on the restore screen, or while playing) very carefully. I find the Iceworks style is the hardest in which to find secret walls.

If you mentioned the levels you are missing secrets on, and the secrets you have found on those levels, I'm sure someone will be able to give you a nudge...

10-04-2007 at 11:43 PM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
Some of the secret rooms in Journey to Rooted Hold are accessed using stairs from another level. This makes them very difficult to locate simply using the restore screen.

For example, there is a secret room on the 10th level that you can't access from anywhere else on the 10th level.
The 10th level room is not the only example like this.

10-05-2007 at 01:19 AM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
There are a few other ways as well:

Also, as for the secret Kevin mentioned which is not behind secret walls:

-Noah

My stuff:

[Last edited by NoahT at 10-05-2007 02:13 AM]
10-05-2007 at 01:28 AM
Chimerix
Thanks for the hints thus far! Since my post, I did manage to find and complete 3 rooms, and am currently beating my head against level 13, 3N2W. I see from the forums that this is the entry to the Dreamplane, so I may save it til last.

I had already found the impossible-to-find rooms on the 10th and 19th levels. It's disheartening to think that I missed so many fake walls along the way though... I thought I LOOKED as I went!

Still looking for 2 on level 6, and 1 each on levels 13,15,16,17,20. Though, as I mentioned, I know WHERE the one on 13 is, I just have to manage the room.

Guess I'll get out my magnifying glass and take a closer look at these others on the restore screen.

Thanks for the help thus far!

Tom G

10-05-2007 at 02:01 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: Entering the Dreamplane (+3)  
Level 6

Level 15

Level 16

Level 17

Level 20

10-05-2007 at 02:25 AM
Chimerix
Thanks for all the help!

Between my own intense scrutiny and the incredibly helpful hints, I managed to conquer all the rooms. But, lo, I was denied entry to the Dreamplane! Woe and suffering!!

After much searching of the Restore screen, and searching of the forum, I finally realized I had managed to overlook level 22. Crap!

Now I've finished that, and am into the Dreamplane. Wow... it takes a while to appreciate all the doodles. I think I'll save the actual puzzle rooms for tomorrow.

Mahalo again for the assist!

10-11-2007 at 02:24 AM
CrazyDiamond
Rank Points: 38
Hello everyone, I'm old/new to the forum: I registered in 2004 a couple of years after having had finished Dugan's Dungeon, then didn't have the chance of playing JtRH and it's been a long time since the last time i wrote here..

Now I'm back, I finally played JtRH, and these have been ten days of really awesome playing.. and of course I completed it without any hints. ;)

Thank for the work you've done here, for the challenging levels and for this very nice Dreamplane.. now I hope I'll play soon the third chapter of our Mr. Budkin's adventures. :P

A little question: does anybody know what's written in Dreamplane twice south twice west? The last words are numbers, but I can't understand what's in the beginning..
04-18-2010 at 12:54 PM
brubru777
Rank Points: 12
Hello,

I just finished JtRH and I'm trying to discover the secret rooms I missed.

However, I have a problem. On the ninth level, the secret is behind a blue door. Does that mean I need to reconquer the ninth floor entirely ?

Thanks
07-13-2012 at 07:23 PM
Shendy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 132
You just need to restore to the room in which the blue door has already dropped.

07-14-2012 at 04:41 AM
brubru777
Rank Points: 12
There wasn't such a room but thanks to your advice, I managed to find the last uncleared room and after clearing only that one, it removed the blue door.

Thanks. :)
07-14-2012 at 03:19 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Entering the Dreamplane
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes