Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : New D&D adventure ideas. (not electronic but still good for any D&D players here)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Necro244
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
IP: Logged
icon New D&D adventure ideas. (not electronic but still good for any D&D players here) (+1)  
ok I have some new Dungeons and Dragons adventure ideas and they are so evil. If you need an idea ask for one and someone will answer it.

I will post as many answers to questions as I can about D&D

05-17-2005 at 12:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: New D&D adventure ideas. (not electronic but still good for any D&D players here) (+1)  
Why hoard them, Necro?

I find the descriptions of the cosmology of the D&D universe an endless source of inspiration, but for some reason I can never just bring it down and come up with a good low-level adventure. I think too much in terms of characters for stories, unfortunately.

There was this one idea I had: a fight in an infernal contraption some bad guy had set up for training their troops to be agile. It's 20ftx20ft, and every turn somewhere on the cube lights up. Which side is determined by a d6 roll, and where on that side is determined by dividing the side up into sixteen squares and rolling 2d4.

Every six seconds (1 round of combat), the button will light up in a different place. Characters have to get to the lit-up button and press it - if they don't, gas gets pumped into the room and characters start taking damage. If you make the opponents something that isn't affected like gas, say, skeletons, then the players are responsible for ensuring their continued survival.

Alternatively, you could make it a prisoner's dilemma scenario - put humans in as the opponents, and make having the trap go off more lethal. In this case, the opponents will probably assist the heroes in hitting the buttons, because if they don't they die anyway.

Matt

05-17-2005 at 05:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Necro244
icon Re: New D&D adventure ideas. (not electronic but still good for any D&D players here) (0)  
I like that idea. It is good to see another D&D player here.

I must ask if you have played the D&D campaign setting called midnight.

05-17-2005 at 02:44 PM
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: New D&D adventure ideas. (not electronic but still good for any D&D players here) (0)  
No, I haven't.

Actually, I haven't played a lot of D&D - I was introduced to the game when 3rd edition came out (anyone who hasn't played 3rd edition - they got rid of THAC0 and tidied up the rules a lot) and have only played a few different campaigns, most of which regrettably didn't get very far.

05-17-2005 at 04:23 PM
Necro244
I see.

05-17-2005 at 10:55 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
My friends and I try to play D&D every weekend. I don't really enjoy it any more though...there are 5 players, and I just get too bored when waiting for my next turn in combat. And role-playing doesn't always do it for me, when there's too many other cooks spoiling the broth. I enjoy being DM, but I've never had time to write a full campaign; at best I use modules or Dungeon adventures and add my own touches. At least as DM I always have something to do.

I guess I'm saying that I'd be happy to hear your adventure ideas if you want to share them, but I'm not likely to be using them.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
05-18-2005 at 06:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
icon Re: New D&D adventure ideas. (not electronic but still good for any D&D players here) (+1)  
I've only played D&D a few times, but I loved it and I would love to play more. Back in high school I had a couple friends who were also interested in playing, but we never really were able to get together on a regular basis and have an actual campaign. Nowadays, there really isn't anyone here at school who's interested in playing (and once again, finding the time would be difficult). I'm hoping that when I get older I'll find friends who I can play with regularly.

I still remember when I first became aware of D&D. It was 11 years ago, when I was in 3rd grade. My best friend Ted's older brother (who was about 15 at the time) used to play with his friends all of the time and they'd sometimes let my friend and I watch. Sometimes one of them would even let my friend or me roll the dice, which for me was a huge honor. I remember one night when I slept over, Ted and I snuck into his brother's room late at night and played D&D with him. Our game consisted of only us talking (no dice or anything), with his brother telling us the situation and us telling him what we wanted to do. His brother was really cool.

My mom had apparently heard stories about teens playing D&D and going crazy and killing people, so she wasn't very happy with me being exposed to it. She decided she didn't want me being friends with Ted, so she stopped letting us play together and soon we weren't really friends. Ted moved away soon after.

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
05-18-2005 at 09:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Necro244
Yes D&D can be boring waiting for your next turn in combat. That is why I DM. That and because my friends don't know how to DM but I'm teaching one so we can co-DM an adventure I wrote up. This is an all night adventure. My brother rarely DMs for me so he isn't much help. I have only played about 3 adventures but I have DMed about 20 or so.

05-18-2005 at 01:53 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : New D&D adventure ideas. (not electronic but still good for any D&D players here)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com