Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Your Worthy Gaming Accomplishments (Lengthy subject...)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
MasterGiga
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
IP: Logged
icon Your Worthy Gaming Accomplishments (+1)  
Worthy or just plain Worthwhile...

Okay, I'm sure most people here have played many games over their years of living. So how about officially leaving the list of all of the games that you've either completed fully, or just conquered in terms of all of the required areas in the game (Playing through the main story and defeating the final boss or whatever it is you encounter at the end...)

Keep in mind, these should be games that you feel presented a real challenge and not games that are just simple to complete for anyone. Just follow my example and you'll see what I mean.

Also, you can leave a brief explanation as to why you're proud of completing or conquering a certain game. AND a separate list of those challenging games on your to-do-list. (Not required)

AND No cheating! Which is why I can't list some games here...I cheated in a few of those that I completed or even conquered. Conquered means required stuff, while complete would be everything in the game, 100%. Let's just exclude levels and character stats and such. I know that's not really something to be concerned about. Base your list on events and sidequests and such. In other words, the required story and the story plus all extras. It wouldn't matter if this is done at level 30 or 100 in an RPG. In fact, isn't it impressive to be able to complete a game without having to reach the maximum level? AND some games even require a certain time limit for extras, so leveling up to the maximum level is a bit too much and takes too long.

My accomplishments:

(Yours don't have to be this detailed or long.)

Click here to view the secret text

My To-Do-List:

1. Unlimited Saga (Simply impossible)
2. Dragon Quest VIII

[Last edited by MasterGiga at 04-12-2007 10:07 AM]
05-15-2005 at 03:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Your Worthy Gaming Accomplishments (+1)  
Changed my mind about the importancy of a lot of things here since the original post. Maybe reposting later when I get a few things done that I'm not quite satisfied with yet...

[Last edited by Doom at 01-13-2008 05:39 PM]
05-15-2005 at 06:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
Limiting myself to the games I'm proud of beating:

KDD and JtRH of course :)
Deus Ex (which I've played start to finish at least a dozen times. too bad the sequel was terrible.)
System Shock II (which I've played start to finish at least a half dozen times).
Thief, Thief II (Thief 3 was terrible).
SubTerra (beat 'em all on master level. ha. ha!)
Planescape: Torment
FF 7, 8, 9, 10, 10.2
Aargon and most of the expansion and free levels
Starcraft and Brood War

I've played a bajillion games but honestly most aren't worth discussing after or replaying.

todo: finish the other aargon levels, finish Fish Fillets

[Edited by silver at Local Time:05-15-2005 at 07:54 AM]

05-15-2005 at 07:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MasterGiga
icon Re: Your Worthy Gaming Accomplishments (0)  
Doom wrote:
Most important archievements, then. There are many others but they're not so cool.

Accomplishments:

Metroid Prime 2 (conquered, hard mode in progress)
Ratchet & Clank 1,2,3 (100% completed)

To do...

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Funny, we seem to be interested in the exact same games. :D

I did start Metroid Prime 2 on Hard mode, BUT I'm currently stuck on Amorbis...heh heh. And that's just the first Guardian, as you know. Just Imagine, Doom, fighting Quadraxis on Hard mode!
But maybe you found him easy. :D

I finally completed Crystal Chronicles last month or the month before that. I just need to collect all Moogle Stamps. And come to think of it, that game is DEFINITELY a worthy accomplishment.

I recently finished Ratchet and Clank UYA or 3. That was actually harder than part 2. Still haven't played the first one yet. :|

05-15-2005 at 10:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MasterGiga
silver wrote:

SubTerra (beat 'em all on master level. ha. ha!)

FF 7, 8, 9, 10, 10.2

:w00t

Yes, Silver, brag! I guess SubTerra is something to brag about. But at least I'm with you on the FF 7, 8, 9, 10, and 10.2. :lol

I've actually conquered all Final Fantasy titles, except for Legend 1 & 2, and Adventure, AND Mystic Quest.

[Edited by MasterGiga at Local Time:05-15-2005 at 10:20 AM: So many FF Games]

05-15-2005 at 10:19 AM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
The game I'm most proud to have completed is one of the first that I ever owned - Time Bandit. I finally managed to finish it maybe 10 years after I first got it. Somewhere I still have a floppy disk that says "Time Bandit: FINISHED! DO NOT DELETE!!"

I'm also pleased to have finished the Lemmings games that I have - Lemmings, Oh No More Lemmings and Lemmings 2: The Tribes.

05-15-2005 at 12:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I'm notorious for giving up on games half-way through. i tend to finish platformers more than RPGs, and it's a rare RPG that I'll play all of the way through.

I've completed all but the NES Zeldas and Wind Waker (I haven't finished the second quest or gotten all the photos). My brother and I completed Super Mario Kart. I also completed Super Mario 1 & 2, Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3, Super Metroid, the three GBA Castlevanias, Earthbound, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (which is easily the best-written game I've ever played), Metroid Fusion (haven't seen the Shinespark Deviation yet, though), Metroid Prime (haven't been playing it on hard), PoP: Sands of Time, Beyond Good & Evil, DROD (naturally), Conker's Bad Fur Day, and I think that's actually it.

Oh! I did complete Mystic Quest. That is a worthy accomplishment, as it really takes a lot to want to keep playing through that game. I guess that buggers up my thing of only finishing the best RPGs.

I've finished a lot more games, but haven't got everything in them. These don't count. I've also abandoned a lot of games near the very end of the game.

Matt

[Edited by Mattcrampy at Local Time:05-15-2005 at 01:20 PM]

05-15-2005 at 01:18 PM
MasterGiga
Rabscuttle wrote:
Somewhere I still have a floppy disk that says "Time Bandit: FINISHED! DO NOT DELETE!!"

Same here, for Final Fantasy 7 on the PC. I have all of my save data backed up. I had to free up the huge space that it took on my Hard drive so once I finished, I uninstalled the game.

But I'm not going to get rid of the data files. It took a lot out of me to defeat RUBY WEAPON. :cool

05-16-2005 at 03:00 AM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
MasterGiga wrote:
But I'm not going to get rid of the data files. It took a lot out of me to defeat RUBY WEAPON. :cool
You are kidding :D it couldn't be easier. Just cast KoTR with w-summon and absorb hp, mime it with every character and keep a final attack+phoenix on the background. Practically all that you need to beat emerald and ruby...
05-16-2005 at 05:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
MasterGiga
Doom wrote:
You are kidding :D it couldn't be easier. Just cast KoTR with w-summon and absorb hp, mime it with every character and keep a final attack+phoenix on the background. Practically all that you need to beat emerald and ruby...

Okay, so it wasn't all that bad with KoTR, BUT it just took too long. And I beat it with Tifa alone. :lol

05-16-2005 at 06:45 AM
goldenlion
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 199
Here we go:

(all completed unless I say otherwise)

DROD: KDD (conquered)
Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
FF6
FF8
Super Mario RPG
Super Metroid (very proud of that one, no help used!)
Warcraft III
Serious Sam: First Encounter
Descent
Fallout
Super Mario Brothers 1 & 3 (no warps used)
Super Mario World
Legends of Zelda (original for NES, Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Oracle of Ages)
Grim Fandango (proud of this one)
Neverwinter Nights, original adventure

To Do:

DROD: JtRH (19th level currently... I tend to take DROD slowly. First on my list.)

Planescape: Torment (next on my list)
Fallout 2
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
FF7
Rayman 2
Majora's Mask

05-16-2005 at 07:06 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Let's see...

In the puzzle genre,
DROD (Webfoot edition) and JTRH
Bumpy's Arcade Fantasy
Cadaver & the Payoff
Drainstorm
Logical
Spin Doctor Ultimate
SubTerra :)

Shmups and such,
Descent (in 'ace' level, iron man style to make things snappy)
Tyrian (in 'engage' mode)

Platformers,
Bubble Bobble (in 2-p mode, and yes I am crazy)
Captain Comic 1, 2
Commander Keen 1-6 & 3.5 (and just about every other platformer by Apogee or Epic)
Prince of Persia (clocked at 27 minutes); Shadow & the Flame
Rayman, Rayman 2
Super Mario World (including all secrets)

And quite a bunch of RPGs, but in my experience many RPGs (of those I played, at any rate) simply require persistence to complete, rather than sheer skill - e.g. Might&Magic, Ultima, EOB, Shining Force

05-16-2005 at 09:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
I'm not going to make a list of everything, but one comes to mind that much of my youth was lost to:

Blast Corps(N64)-Platinum medals on everything

The reward was kind of a letdown though. It just scrolled a message saying "You can stop now".

05-16-2005 at 10:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chalks
Rank Points: 267
hrm...well.

this list will be a tad different for me, because I never owned a tv (or any gaming system). However...I did/do play quadrillions of computer games. and I never exagerate

KDD (still need JTRH)
red alert (1, counterstrike, and aftermath)
and...

I just now realized. I play online games far more...and you never really "beat" them. sigh.

oh...heres one game that I'm proud of...
Sim City 2000
That game's impossible to beat, but I got over 10 MILLION people in my city. muahaha!

finally...
Beaten more freeware games than I can list here.
05-16-2005 at 04:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
Crazy Gravity was quite good to complete, but I don't know where to get it from any more :? .

I also just completed Doom 3, so Everybody do the Doom 3 dance :thumbsup .
05-16-2005 at 04:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Oy...oy oy oy...way too many games for me to even think about listing all the ones I've actually beaten. But since this is more about worthy accomplishments, I should be able to narrow it down a bit.

Colecovision

Venture -- I finally got the the 9th difficulty level (the same 4 worlds were repeated on each difficulty level) only to find that beating it meant I could just play it over again. Not that this was easy--the enemies moved blindingly fast--but it was kind of a letdown. I guess those were the days before real game endings. Anyway, I eventually ran out of lives, and I have no idea what my score was, but it was good stuff.

NES
Super Mario Brothers 1, 2, 3 -- Ah, these were the best. SMB2 has 20 distinct levels, and so one time I beat it using each character for exactly 5 levels each (no warping). At the end, when they thank you, they cycle through all 4 characters since not one played the most. And Now You Know!
Zelda 1 and 2 -- of course!
Metroid
Kid Icarus
The Guardian Legend -- I still love this game. It has two aspects to it: half the game is a top-down shoot-em-up, and the other half is top-down exploration, like Zelda. In the latter mode, there is a big central area and somethig like 8 outlying areas. Each area has two shoot-em-up areas associated with them, and beating those gives you new weapons and keys and stuff...and opening those areas up are mini-puzzles as well. The music was great, the game was long and tough, and after you beat it, you were given a code to play again in a different way--you only played the shoot-em-up levels, and you got your weapons and powerups based on the points you got. It was practically a new game...beautiful!
1942 -- no password or battery save, so I had to leave this game on overnight and while I was at school in order to beat it. I think there were over 40 levels...it was an ordeal.
Mega Man 1-5 -- I was the only one of my friends who could beat #1. I remembed an all-nighter party in elementary school where I was challenged to prove it, and I did so. My moment of glory. ;)
Ghosts 'n' Goblins -- yes, I did beat this one. For real -- both ways through.
Deadly Towers -- okay, okay...the game sucks. But it's so unfairly hard...and I freakin' beat it! In your face!
Bionic Commando -- my favorite game that I never owned. I enjoyed it so much that I rented it several times, and I think I beat it at least twice. Much better than the arcade version in my opinion.
Blaster Master -- why, oh why, could this game not have a save or password feature? I had the worst luck trying to beat this game (I never did), even getting to the final boss once before some tragedy occurred. The game was tough enough that just getting there is an accomplishment, though, so I'm including this.

Game Boy
Metroid 2
Final Fantasy Legend 1 and 2 -- I really want to come back and beat these some day. I'm so curious...but anyway, I thought they were pretty hard, so getting almost to the end should be kind of an accomplishment...
Gargoyle's Quest -- great action/pseudo-RPG set kind of in the Ghosts 'n' Goblins universe. The action sequences were very fun, the random encounters were also action oriented, the only drawback was the lack of money, so you had to go back and forth to kill things to get extra lives (which were very necessary on some of those bosses).

Super Nintendo
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 -- I only had a chance to play these in their original form (I have 1 on the GBA now) for one week on vacation, but I still completed both of them (with 100%) in the limited playing time I had (a few nights that we were back from the lake we had a cabin at). Great platformers. Never played 3 though.
Super Mario World -- getting to Bowser's castle in only 11 stages. I doubt I could do it now...but I did back then!
Super Ghosts 'n' Goblins -- or whatever this one's name was...I beat this sucker on the hardest difficulty. And yes, that includes going through it twice. I admit I set the lives to maximum...but can you really blame me?
Super Metroid
Final Fantasy 2 and 3 -- I didn't play 3 until college, but I did like 2 very much. For some reason I never sought out other FF games though, until much later.
Mario Kart
F-Zero

Sega Genesis
Phantasy Star 2 and 3 -- 2 was one of my favorite console RPGs ever...I watched that ending several times. I didn't like 3 as much, but I still attempted to get all 4 endings. I think I got 2 of them several years apart, so that I forgot what the first one even was...and kind of lost interest.
Shining Force -- one of the only tactical games I liked. (I guess I'll mention here that I never beat Shining in the Darkness...couldn't beat the final boss and hadn't played enough console RPGs at the time to really think about just killing tons of monsters to get exp.)
Sonic 1-3, Sonic Spinball

N64
Mario 64 -- I took to this game so quickly, it scared me. I could do some crazy stuff even when the camera was misbehaving. I wish my N64 still worked...or if they could release a compilation for the Cube or something like that...
Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask -- also includes the Master Quest of OoT that you could get when pre-ordering Wind Waker. That was tough but fun...I really should try it again sometime.
Blast Corps -- I loved this game. I never got all of the platinum medals like RoboBob3000 did, but I got some at least. It was just such a unique game...
F-Zero 64

Playstation
I never owned a PS, I play these on the PS2.
Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 -- I actually played 7 on the PC first, although I have it in its original form now. And it's the one I've replayed the most, although I do want to replay 8 at some point. Not 9 so much...it didn't really interest me as much. And I still haven't beaten 10 (PS2 game I know, but since I didn't beat it, I have to mention it here).
Chrono Cross -- this game got my ex into console RPGs, because of the real orchestral music. And it's a good game...I never did beat Chrono Trigger though...at one point I really needed to grind out some levels and I just didn't want to.
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night -- Super Metroid meeds Castlevania. A thing of beauty.

Playstation 2
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory -- inspired by the Ghosts 'n' Goblins games. Beat the first one, haven't beaten (or played much of) the second one yet. Very underrated game by the general public I think.
GTA: all 3 PS2 ones
Dark Cloud -- Beat the first one, although I didn't do the secret dungeon. The second one is one of those RPGs that I got close to the end and just lost interest (like FFX).
Kingdom Hearts -- wonderful game, can't wait for the sequel. (Haven't bothered to get the GBA one though.) Got pretty far on Hard difficulty...then stopped because it was too soon after beating it on normal, not because it was tough or anything. Haven't picked it up again though.

GameCube
Zelda: Wind Waker
Metroid Prime 1 and 2
Paper Mario -- amazing game. I didn't finish all the small side quests but that's okay...even with the backtracking it's just amazing.
Star Wars: Rogue Leader -- I couldn't believe how hard this game was...I really felt a sense of accomplishment when I beat it, and that was just squeaking by, none of the extras.

Game Boy Advance
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow -- very good game; possibly better than Symphony of the Night.
WarioWare -- unlocked everything. Got pretty high on the hardest "every game" ones too.
Metroid Fusion

PC
Catch-all for computer games, even back through the Apple IIc+ that I had.
Ultima 3-9 -- never beat 1 and 2, unfortunately. But I breathed the rest when I was growing up. Console RPGs just can't compare to games like Ultima V and VII. 8 and 9 were pretty crappy, so it was an accomplisment just to finish them. ;) And I'm including Savage Empire and Martian Dreams here too...Martian Dreams especially is a wonderful game I'm proud to have completed.
Might and Magic 4-6
Pool of Radiance
Pools of Darkness -- I never could beat the final, final battle on this one...even after going through it 3 times to get every character to level 40, each person wielding the best items, etc. I don't know what I couldn't figure out...
Eye of the Beholder 1-3
Magic Candle 1-2 -- if you enjoy playing old RPGs...these are amazing games. I would have beaten #3 but it had some crippling bugs. Such huge worlds, and unique combat and spell systems. Splitting your party up in the first game to activate two chambers half a world apart is pretty epic...and the way you win the game was great too.
Lode Runner -- including Championship Lode Runner, The Mad Monk's Revenge, and the 3-D one (LR2).
Lemmings -- just the first one and the...third one? It had 3 tribes, but it wasn't L2. Not in Radiant's list on the other thread, although I assume he has it.
DROD -- of course!
N -- well, I haven't finished all of the levels in the latest (possibly final) version, but I've done it enough times to be proud of it.
Jumper 1 and 2
Warlords 2 -- I've played Warlords 1-3, but #2 was the best for me, in terms of actually being able to complete the maps, and playing intelligently. The game series that made me think I was good at strategy games...then I realized it was pretty much only turn-based strategy games (like Master of Magic and Heroes of Might and Magic), although Age of Wonders kicks by butt even on the first map of the campaign. I'm not sure what I'm missing in that game.
Crusader: No Remorse and Crusader: No Regret -- these were great action games from Origin, the company that did the Ultima games, and as such were resource hogs are really tough to DOS emulate on Windows machines. I think the newest DOSBox finally got them, but I haven't tried loading them up yet.
Loom -- I loved this game. The spell/songbook that came with it is all ragged, as I played it so many times, the erasing of the notes started to mess up the pages...

I know I'm missing a lot of games, especially some that are from the newer consoles that didn't make such an impression on my childhood psyche. So I'll be editing more in as time goes on.

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer at Local Time:05-18-2005 at 11:34 PM: More games!]

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
05-17-2005 at 12:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MasterGiga
Oneiromancer wrote:

Super Ghosts 'n' Goblins -- or whatever this one's name was...I beat this sucker on the hardest difficulty. And yes, that includes going through it twice. I admit I set the lives to maximum...but can you really blame me?

Wow, what a stretch. :look

Now, I must say that NO I can't really blame you for the Ghosts n' Goblins deal. I certainly couldn't finish that game without cheating. One hit deaths just aren't good for that game, but in a game like Donkey Kong Country, I managed to work with it. I did complete DK Country 2 and 3 100%.

Anyway, great job on completing it.

05-17-2005 at 09:04 AM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
The second time through is a bit easier in some spots, and a bit harder in others, because of the special weapon you get. I'm pretty sure the one in this game is the big blue fireball, with a relatively small range. It can kill the red gargoyles in 2 hits, which really helps, but it isn't so good for many of the bosses. However, since the hardest difficulty mostly just throws a constant wave of monsters at you, being able to kill them faster is a very good thing. Of course it really sucks being on the final level and accidentally getting a different weapon. You need to open 5 or 6 chests in a row to get the special weapon, which is easiest to do ont he first level and never lose it thereafter.

On the first time through I always have loved the dagger as my weapon...in all of the G&G games.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
05-17-2005 at 03:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tscott
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 382
icon Re: Your Worthy Gaming Accomplishments (+2)  
Just ran across this old topic searching for something else. Looks like a challenge for me to remember them all. So far I can recall 54 games I've finished (or 52 if you don't count the 2 that were only close). Hard to believe of all the games I've played these are the only ones I've gotten to the end with.

All are PC games except Ultima 3 Exodus which was on the Commodore 64 and Legend of Zelda on NES. Other games, like Civilization 2, I've played extensively but can't say I've "beaten" due to the nature of the game.

Alice (American Mcgee's)
Bad Mojo (the other roach game)
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate 2
Bloodrayne
Creature Shock
Diablo
Diablo 2: LOD (Many, many, many, many, many times)
Doom (Ultimate Doom)
Doom 2
Drakan Order of the Flame
DROD in Webfoot, Carnival and AE
DROD JTRH
DROD Smitemaster Selections, all except Beethro's Teacher
Duke Nukem 3D
Escape From Monkey Island
Giants Citizen Kabuto
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Half Life
Half Life 2
Half Life Blue Shift
Half Life Op Force
Heretic
Heretic 2
Icewind Dale & Heart of Winter
Icewind Dale 2
Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns (made it to the last level of the campaign and gave more than a fair share of time trying to beat it, which is unheard of for me with strategy games, so I'm counting it)
Legend of Zelda
Longest Journey
Max Payne
Myst
Neverwinter Nights (original campaign)
No One Lives Forever
No One Lives Forever 2
Quake
Quake 2
Red Faction
Resident Evil
Sanitarium
Serious Sam
Serious Sam The Second Encounter
Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
Syberia
System Shock 2
Thief
Thief 2
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider Chronicles (well almost, got to a game stopping bug at the very end, so I'm counting it)
Tomb Raider Legend
Ultima 3 Exodus
Undying (Clive Barker's) (made it to the terrible end boss, couldn't beat it even after reading online walkthroughs and turning on cheats)
X-Files: The Game
Zork: Grand Inquisitor
Zork: Nemesis

Now Playing:
Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide
Half Life: Episode 1

Next up:
Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Edit: How could I forget Max Payne? I still use that free mousepad that came with it. Also added Escape From Monkey Island, Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force, Zork: Grand Inquisitor, Red Faction and Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns. This brings my total up to 60 (or 57).

[Last edited by Tscott at 02-10-2007 05:30 PM]
02-10-2007 at 10:50 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Finally! Someone else who has played N.O.L.F. :wub

Anyway, seeing that I really can't be bothered making a massive list, I think the most worthy accomplishment of mine would be finishing Far Cry. Not because of the ending, nor the story line *shudder*, but for the sheer difficulty of it, and the excellent level design. I mean, every other FPS I have played since then has felt like a walk in a (poorly designed) park.

Oh, and <, but that goes without saying.

[Last edited by NiroZ at 02-10-2007 01:34 PM]
02-10-2007 at 11:44 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
I've beaten Doukutsu Monogatari's third ending in less than five minutes. This is pretty good, considering that the person who runs the official English fansite got a time of five minutes and thirty seconds or so.

Unfortunately, I've got a long way to go to beating the 2'15" world record, set by someone in Japan of course. :-O

02-10-2007 at 03:09 PM
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
While I can't say much about my best time (it's somewhere around 9 minutes, I think), I did beat the normal ending on 3 hp, and got as far as the final save point on the last.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
02-10-2007 at 03:41 PM
Yellow_Mage
icon Re: Your Worthy Gaming Accomplishments (+2)  
Old skool reply :P

Doom wrote:
MasterGiga wrote:

:P Pretty much. Easier if you knock out two of your party members beforehand, have 3 Ribbons equiped and high magic resistance as he counters KotR with Ultima everytime. With Emerald weapons you can have the brute force approach and Final Attack Phoenix but one of the better approaches when you realise that Tam Air Storm does 1111 x materia number equiped, which is why it always usually does 9999 to people...

My completed games list is HUGE. I think.

*coffee cup appears*

Too big, so it's secret tagged.

NOTES: Games in square brackets are games I have on my to complete list. Games I wish I finished/close to completion...

One of the few people that can complete games without knowing the language. Part brute force, part intuition. I used to help ips patchers for translations.

I didn't have a Megadrive for very long. Between me and my brother we rented a lot of games. It pretty digusting the amount of games we have actually played as I think we've played every UK released N64 game. Except Bubsy 3D because we have limits... (It got cancelled I think and got stuck on PS1, lol)

GB, GBA, DS, SNES, GEN/MEGADRIVE
games here:

PS1, PS2, N64, Xbox, Xbox360:

Man, the Dreamcast and PC list will be long...

*le sigh*

[Last edited by Yellow_Mage at 02-10-2007 10:05 PM]
02-10-2007 at 03:57 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: Your Worthy Gaming Accomplishments (+3)  
Oooh! I like this thread! I'm going to limit this to stuff I'm really proud of.

COMPUTER:
DROD (Mastered all official holds. Plus a few extra hard ones.)
Rollercoaster Tycoon + Expansions (Over 9000 guests in my park!)
Myst series excluding V (Beat without help.)

NES:
Legend of Zelda (Beat First Quest without wooden sword.)

SNES:
Super Mario World (Doing the 11 exit run.)
Super Metroid (100% in less than 4 hours, on hard.)
Link to the Past (Beating it in one sitting.)

GENESIS:
Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, 3, and Knuckles (Beating all of them in one day.)
Rolo to the Rescue (Actually beating the game. The last boss is HARD!)

N64:
Ocarina of Time (Three heart run, no deaths)
Smash Bros. (Single player on hardest difficulty.)
Majora's Mask (One in-game day run. This is the HARDEST Zelda run through I have ever done. It took ages of practice.)

PS2:
God of War (Beating it on the second to hardest difficulty.)
Final Fantasy X (100% completed.)

GAMECUBE:
Metroid Prime (Coming within half an hour of the 100% hard single segement record on SDA.)
Metroid Prime 2 (Coming within TWO MINUTES of the 100% hard single-segement record on SDA.)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Beating the Pit of 100 trials while at level 10.)

Gameboy Color/Advance:
Golden Sun 1 and 2 (100%)
Oracle of Ages/Seasons (Beat the game in every possible way. Both games singly, and the dual game each way.)
Final Fantasy 6 Advance (Being able to resist the temptation of buying it so far.)
Superstar Saga (Only fighting required battles.)

DS:
Nothing so far. Except maybe being able to beat every single level with the "No going back" cheat on in New Super Mario Bros.

Wii:
Nothing.
02-10-2007 at 06:31 PM
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
I beat five insane ai's alone on Defense of the Ancients once. Took me a few hundred tries... can't remember which version though.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
02-10-2007 at 07:23 PM
golfrman
Rank Points: 165
only thing i can think of is beating links awakening in 2 1/2 hours, (beat it on the car trip back from vacation).

02-10-2007 at 07:30 PM
Yellow_Mage
golfrman wrote:
only thing i can think of is beating links awakening in 2 1/2 hours, (beat it on the car trip back from vacation).

That's pretty impressive. I want to be able to do it the glitchy way if I could figure out how to skip to cetain dungeons, but that glitch only works on version 1.00 of Zelda.

[Last edited by Yellow_Mage at 02-10-2007 10:17 PM]
02-10-2007 at 10:17 PM
Casebier
Rank Points: 283
Oh Gawd... It's going to take a while to post all of mine. I'm definately putting everything in secret tags.

Man, even without filling out N64, PSX, PS2, or PC... I think I've played and beaten too many games.

[Last edited by Casebier at 02-16-2007 08:04 PM]
02-11-2007 at 03:00 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
Ezlo--you do mean one 3-day segment for Majora's Mask, right?

02-11-2007 at 04:18 AM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
I mean the one day your forced to play up until you get the ocarina, and then one day for all the rest of the game.
02-11-2007 at 04:39 AM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Your Worthy Gaming Accomplishments (Lengthy subject...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com