Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Changes to the Hints & Solutions board (A little more user friendly)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5413
IP: Logged
icon Changes to the Hints & Solutions board (+4)  
We understand that not everyone wants to/is able to upload their progress to CaravelNet, but still might want some hints to get past that tough room they're stuck on. We also understand that people with the Demo version might need a nudge in the right direction.

So..... now, everyone can see the level overview for the three Demo levels and can select the room they're stuck on, and search for hints on that room. CaravelNet users can see level overviews for all levels. Secrets are not shown for anyone unless CaravelNet knows that user has seen the room.

At least for now, you can still only see the room images if CaravelNet knows you have visited the room. Seeing the large room image is not necessary for picking a room, and in the short term, I was just concerned with getting the H&S board functional for people who don't play while connected to CaravelNet.

05-03-2005 at 05:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Sarngate
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 33
icon Re: Changes to the Hints & Solutions board (0)  
STUPID QUESTION

HOW???

05-03-2005 at 05:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Changes to the Hints & Solutions board (+1)  
It's hard for us to answer your stupid question without a stupid question of our own: how what? Please be more specific. I can see that you are connected to CaravelNet, so you should be able to use the H&S board effectively, but you have no high scores, so you haven't uploaded them yet. Check out your Settings screen in-game to see if you need to check the correct options.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
05-03-2005 at 06:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sarngate
My STUPID QUESTION related to:
So..... now, everyone can see the level overview for the three Demo levels and can select the room they're stuck on, and search for hints on that room.

To expand HOW, WHERE?

Apologies for my stupidity.

05-03-2005 at 06:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
krammer
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 904
Go to the hints board and click "Search/New Topic". Then choose the hold, level and room you are stuck on.

"Oook!"
05-03-2005 at 06:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sarngate
Thanks for your help krammer.
Now I understand!
Being a sensitive type I hesitate to ask but how (and what) can I access CaravelNet from within Jtrh?

05-03-2005 at 09:49 PM
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Sarngate wrote:
Thanks for your help krammer.
Now I understand!
Being a sensitive type I hesitate to ask but how (and what) can I access CaravelNet from within Jtrh?
Sarngate, I'm not sure where you are at, i.e. if you already have your CaravelNet key. Here's some instructions I've been pasting into e-mails for getting CaravelNet features working:

1. Start DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold.
2. Choose "Change Settings" from main menu.
3. In the "CaravelNet name" text box enter your forum name. ("Sarngate")
4. Click the "Request New Key" button.
5. Leave DROD open and go check your email. A message should have been sent to the email address specified with your CaravelNet/DROD.net account, subject "CaravelNet Key".
6. Select and copy (press ctrl-C) the key from the e-mail.
7. Return to DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold which should still be on the "Settings" screen.
8. Paste your key (press ctrl-V) into the "CaravelNet" key box.
9. Make sure "Connect to CaravelNet" and "Submit Scores" are checked.
10. Click the "Upload my Scores" button to send your progress to the server (affects high scores and hints).
11. Click the "okay" button to save settings.

You should now see a green icon with a checkmark on it in the top righthand corner of the title screen.

Other than that, maybe you just want to know what the features are and how to access them? Well, with the above settings your scores will automatically be sent to the server after completing rooms. If your score is good enough, a message will come back saying what place you are in the room. From any room you've conquered, hit F6 and it will show you everybody else's scores in the room. You can also watch people's demos from this screen.

If you have your CaravelNet key entered in, you can also download new holds from inside of the game. For this, just choose "Change Location" from the title screen and a bunch of extra holds will show up in the list that comes up which you can download.

-Erik

05-04-2005 at 12:43 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
This is not h&s but I noticed this: In insert drod room image, if you select a level that you never went to, It says that you never went to that level. But what it should also have is a link to the level select.

05-04-2005 at 01:47 AM
Sarngate
Erik - I think F6 was what I was looking for!!! :yes

05-04-2005 at 08:57 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Changes to the Hints & Solutions board (A little more user friendly)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com