Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Speaking of modding... (room styles)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
IP: Logged
icon Speaking of modding... (+1)  
I thought perhaps if I knew the magic template order, I could drop a .png in the Data dir and have it be a new style available, but then I looked at the source and discovered

#define MAX_ROOM_STYLES (3)

so clearly that's a no-go.

---

but, in general, what would be the mechanism for distributing a hold with mods? you'd basically need to destruct everyone to put in your .pngs into their Data dir... that seems, wrong. shouldn't it be more like the "image floor" setting where I can add an attached generaltiles.png and/or newstyle.png?

04-26-2005 at 07:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Speaking of modding... (0)  
All I can say is we're working on it. For the time being, it would be necessary to distribute the file separately from the hold, i.e. as an attachment in a reply to the post on the "Holds" board.

-Erik

04-26-2005 at 07:06 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
SuperV
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
icon Re: Speaking of modding... (0)  
You think it is possible? Its very good to have more styles... For 4 style use flaming peligroso...

SuperV hint : BUY JTRH!
04-26-2005 at 07:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Speaking of modding... (room styles)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com