Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DataPath.txt
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
wmarkham
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 125
IP: Logged
icon DataPath.txt (0)  
Is there a way to run the stock Linux JtRH without using ~/.caravel/drod-2.0/DataPath.txt? I have two installations of the Data directory, and would like to switch between them easily. What's the best way to do it?

Weston

04-24-2005 at 06:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
icon Re: DataPath.txt (+2)  
The most straightforward way is to just make a script that deletes ~/.caravel/drod-2_0/DataPath.txt before it runs JtRH. If DataPath.txt is missing, it will be regenerated (as long as JtRH can find its data, which it should be able to in most cases). You can use the DROD_2_0_DAT_PATH and DROD_2_0_RES_PATH environment variables in case the data (.dat & .ini) and/or resources (the rest) are in a non-standard location (or if you want to do fancy stuff like having multiple Data dirs with one executable, having seperate data but sharing resources between two installations, etc).

You could also make the Data dir a symlink and point it to the right path with a script.

- Gerry
04-27-2005 at 06:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wmarkham
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 125
icon Re: DataPath.txt (0)  
The environment variables give me what I want. Thanks!

Weston
04-28-2005 at 06:39 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DataPath.txt
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com