Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : The Dreamplane : Entrance
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
drnull
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
IP: Logged
icon Journey to Rooted Hold : The Dreamplane : Entrance (+1)  
Ok, I've beaten the main levels, and I'd like to go exploring the dreamplane now, but I am still missing on secret on level 10, and I'm about to go blind trying to find it.

Click here to view the secret text

Thanks
04-21-2005 at 07:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : The Dreamplane : Entrance (+2)  
Whenever I misplace something, I go digging for it. I find that if I've been missing it for long enough, other stuff has usually accumulated on top.

04-21-2005 at 07:45 PM
drnull
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : The Dreamplane : Entrance (0)  
Ugh. Yes yes, the digging. I'm going mad from all the digging! :)

I really thought I had cleared them both out as much as possible and have even scraped along the walls (remember how you used to bomb along walls in the legend of zelda to find secret passages?) I couldn't find anything in those two rooms, and other rooms either have easily accessible walls that I have already scraped, or are bordered by air.

:weep
04-21-2005 at 07:54 PM
drnull
Haha, nevermind. I was too nearsighted to see where I could access the room from. Thanks for the pointer!
04-21-2005 at 07:57 PM
philrennert
Do you have to conquer all the secrets everywhere to get to the Dreamplane, or just level 10?

04-25-2005 at 07:20 PM
schep
Rank Points: 865
philrennert wrote:
Do you have to conquer all the secrets everywhere to get to the Dreamplane, or just level 10?
You can pass the master walls only after conquering all the secrets in the entire hold.

[Edited by schep at Local Time:04-25-2005 at 07:31 PM: fixed quote tags]
04-25-2005 at 07:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eleasmom
Rank Points: 11
Okay, I'm still stuck finding the last secret on level 10. I've scraped and dug and poked and basically stuck my sword everywhere it does or doesn't belong, and still can't find the last one. I found the rooms at

and I just can't find the last. I don't want to beg for blatant help, but...help? Maybe can someone just give me the coordinates of the last room, then I can figure out how to find it?

Thanks...and I'll probably find it myself about 30 seconds after posting this, but you never know--this might be one of those that gets me to turn the game off for a whole...day or two.

Donna
04-26-2005 at 06:54 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : The Dreamplane : Entrance (+1)  

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-26-2005 at 07:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eleasmom
Rank Points: 11
Well, the funny thing is, the only way I would have figured that out, was by giving up. And I don't give up. Kinda a catch-22. So, thank you for the hint, and now that my brain is unstuck, I think I'm on the right track. ;-)
04-27-2005 at 12:40 AM
billbuckner
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 57
I cant find it either. Could someone be more specific?

04-27-2005 at 01:07 AM
Oneiromancer
I'll narrow it down a little further.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-27-2005 at 01:15 AM
billbuckner
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 57
D'oh! When you said a level below you, I forgot that the next level was below you.
04-27-2005 at 01:19 AM
Oneiromancer
Yep...I said a level below you, not the level below you. ;)

Game on,

04-27-2005 at 01:26 AM
philrennert
Well I haven't found the secret down on that level anyway (or is it in the same place?).

I'd like to try the Dreamplane, but now that I've finished the main levels, there are a -lot- of secrets reported on Restore that I haven't found. Is it just a matter of scanning walls for cracks on Restore? Or even worse, having to redo lots of rooms to swing sword against walls? Any hints? It's a lot less fun than playing Drod...

04-27-2005 at 09:21 PM
Oneiromancer
That's pretty much what you have to do. It's a bonus level, you have to work for it. ;) At least they tell you which levels have secrets you've missed after you beat level 25.

Game on,

04-27-2005 at 09:27 PM
Fafnir
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 315
I'm just missing the secret for level 19 now. All those tunnels... I think I've poked every single wall that can be poked, strained my eyes until they can be strained no more, and removed most of my hair. I'm pretty sure the secret's at
but I'm damned if I can work out how to get there!

Last hint request? Please?

Thanks!

04-27-2005 at 10:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
I think that was the last secret I found as well.

04-27-2005 at 11:15 PM
zaubberer
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 251
...i conquered the main levels, when i look in the restore-site there are all levels marked with all 100% and all secrets. but i can't enter the dreamplane. when i klick on 'change location there is signed 91%...

my question is: must the rooms and secrets all conquered in one-by-one? in my first journey ther were some levels i skipped by a wrong pasage. came 'till the final screen, but only with some more about 60%...

so i searched for the secrets and solved one after the other. now with 100% in every level i still can't enter the dreamplane :(

zaubberer

06-04-2005 at 11:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
The only thing I can think of is that you just need to check the Restore screen more carefully. There might be one level that you don't have 100% on that you accidentally skipped over when looking through them.

It doesn't matter if you do a secret room your first time through, or restore to it...as long as you conquer it at some point, it counts.

Game on,

06-04-2005 at 11:45 PM
zaubberer
i found what's the problem. i completely missed level 22!!! but i can't find out from where to enter this level :~(

any help?

zaubberer

06-05-2005 at 08:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
This is the exit room. The stairs are on the very bottom of the screen...easy to miss, I know.

Game on,

06-05-2005 at 08:34 AM
zaubberer
thnx a lot! the level 22 is btw in my opinnion one of the hardest levels in jtrh... :D

zaubberer

06-07-2005 at 01:58 PM
Shellenna
Rank Points: 12
Hello! Please, help. I have finished the game and conquered all the secrets everywhere (I have 100% on every level on Restore), but the doors of the Dreamplane is still closed. I tried to get there from Restore and from 13th level, but the doors are closed. What am I missing?
03-12-2015 at 09:32 AM
rman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 371
Are you sure you have, in fact, conquered all the secrets? The “Explored” percentage on the restore screen shows the rooms you’ve explored, not necessarily conquered. You should look at the “Secrets conquered: N/M” stat instead. You can also look at the total percentage on the “Change Location” screen. Plus, if you’ve already conquered all the secrets, you should have seen the big yellow text “Hold Mastered!”; have you?

Best quote ever (TSS ending spoiler):

03-12-2015 at 10:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
The 100% refers to rooms explored. Make sure that the Secrets Conquered values are all n/n and there aren't any missing. (If you clear a secret but don't walk out of the room before restoring somewhere else, it doesn't count.)

If you can't see a Secrets Conquered counter on the Restore screen, the game might not think you've finished the hold. In that case, restore to L25 1S4W and walk out the exit again.
03-12-2015 at 10:23 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : The Dreamplane : Entrance
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com