Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : JtRH Level 12 1S 1W (Help!)
Page 2 of 2
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
IP: Logged
icon Re: JtRH Level 12 1S 1W (+1)  
Well, alright, one thing is that I started the room initially with my sword facing W and didn't turn it until I was "tar diving". (Its not too difficult to get back to where you were under these conditions).

I was on the left arrow on move 23. Then moving NW to the top of the screen, and then west from there, I wake up the westernmost eye on move 28. You should have 2 squares between you and the closest eye from the east. On move 30, the tar grows, blocked by the now-awake eye, and spawns one tar baby. Meanwhile, the other three eyes on the west have moved up to form a line along the north end of the hallway ready for you to kill. Continue moving west until you are one square east of the red door. Then swing sword to the SW and then move SW into the tar. The eyes from the east will get stuck on the east side of the wall.

03-27-2006 at 04:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wiseoldman
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
Ok, I solved it O:- It was a matter of starting with the sword pointing W. Then remove the 1st eye and move past the 2nd eye. Then getting to the top row to enable to eye there to freeze the tar (a position to get into it). Next clear a path into the mother and kill the tar baby the comes up from the hallway. Finally kill the mother and then wait, with sword pointing N at the bottom left square where mother was for the next spawn. A tar baby will appear and move N to kill it. Now that tar will not spawn any more babies. Move through the other channel and go directly to the other mother, killing eyes on the way. Then clean up and exit the channel to the original hallway and kill the remaining tar baby and eye. SIMPLE :lol :thumbsup :w00t
03-27-2006 at 09:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Arne
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
icon Re: JtRH Level 12 1S 1W (0)  
Stefan wrote:
Have you uploaded your scores? Go to the settings screen and click the 'Upload my scores' (or something like that, I don't have JtRH in front of me right now) button under the CaravelNet boxes (and naturally, you need a working CaravelNet key). If you have a permanent internet connection, you should also select the similarly named option in the lower right corner of the screen. That way your scores will be uploaded while you play.
Maybe I'm not paying attention, but I can't find where to upload my score!
03-28-2007 at 08:44 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
To be able to upload your scores, you need to have CaravelNet. Did you get the email giving you a link to the free trial version?
03-28-2007 at 09:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Arne
Rank Points: 10
NiroZ wrote:
To be able to upload your scores, you need to have CaravelNet. Did you get the email giving you a link to the free trial version?
I did not... :no
03-28-2007 at 10:33 PM
puchidevil
Rank Points: 13
Hi - can someone help me please?

I have carefully read the instructions here, and tried to follow them....

I am able to get to the left arrow with sword facing W by move 23, making sure i left an eye asleep. I can get to the top wall, and awake the W eye putting it on the correct spot, then kill the west eyes and tar baby before turning my sword SW, diving into the tar, and killing the mother.

My problem is that no matter how hard I try, or however much or little i destroy the tar in the top, by the time i have even gotten close to the other mother, there is a tar baby in the spot where the red door used to be. If I kill the 2nd mother and go back to the top to get the tar baby, I am stuck in the room.

Also, if I leave the east eyes in the top until after I come out of the tar, then it takes too many sword swings to get the sword in the right position to kill them when i come back out of the tar area, resulting in a new tar baby that kills me. But if i kill them before going into the tar, then it has already spawned more than once.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please? or even better, can someone post a demo please, because I have been trying to do this room for days now, and I am ready to explode :? :(

[Last edited by puchidevil at 08-10-2008 06:34 AM]
08-10-2008 at 06:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: JtRH Level 12 1S 1W (+2)  
Thanks for putting this request in the right place. :)
puchidevil wrote:
I am able to get to the left arrow with sword facing W by move 23, making sure i left an eye asleep. I can get to the top wall, and awake the W eye putting it on the correct spot, then kill the west eyes and tar baby before turning my sword SW, diving into the tar, and killing the mother.
So far, so good.
Also, if I leave the east eyes in the top until after I come out of the tar, then it takes too many sword swings to get the sword in the right position to kill them when i come back out of the tar area, resulting in a new tar baby that kills me. But if i kill them before going into the tar, then it has already spawned more than once.
You should get rid of them before diving into the tar.
Click here to view the secret text

My problem is that no matter how hard I try, or however much or little i destroy the tar in the top
You'll have the most time to get to the other mother if you leave

by the time i have even gotten close to the other mother, there is a tar baby in the spot where the red door used to be.
After you cross the trapdoor, you can save time in that area by dodging or sneaking past some of the eyes without waking them. Crossing the trapdoor with a certain sword position helps too.

08-10-2008 at 07:40 AM
puchidevil
Rank Points: 13
I FINALLY managed it!! :thumbsup

The eye at number one on your pic kept killing me (the little git)or the eye behind - until i managed to enter with my sword properly positioned lol

But on to level 13 AT LAST - yay :D (bet its even harder :|)
08-11-2008 at 12:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mlizziec
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
Hi there folks. With all these technical questions I am brave enough to ask why I sometimes get graphics and sometimes don't. It must be something I'm not doing and it would be good to see them - I need all the help I can get. :glasses
08-22-2008 at 03:40 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: JtRH Level 12 1S 1W (+2)  
Mlizziec wrote:
With all these technical questions I am brave enough to ask why I sometimes get graphics and sometimes don't.
There is no trophy icon under your post. That tells me your CaravelNet Subscription has expired. (You got a free one-month trial subscription when you bought the game.)

For all the official holds and certain user-made holds, the CaravelNet server will not show you the room image until it knows that you have visited the room in question. This requires a current subscription and a proper connection between your game and the server.
08-22-2008 at 03:48 AM
Mlizziec
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
Hello CuriousShyRabbit—you've helped me before before. I paid my subscription on 16.8.2008 and have a receipt for it. what else should I do? Thank you, Liz

[Last edited by Mlizziec at 08-22-2008 10:39 AM : Problem solved]
08-22-2008 at 08:04 AM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Try emailing support@caravelgames.com with as much information you can provide, regarding your purchase.
08-23-2008 at 02:22 AM
Page 2 of 2
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : JtRH Level 12 1S 1W (Help!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com