Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Expansion of the forum community
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Maurog
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1501
IP: Logged
icon Expansion of the forum community (+1)  
Now, this could be just my imagination, but aren't we getting a serious increase in the registering rate? I can swear we start to get like more than five new people each day. Is there some heavy advertising of the site going on? I guess it probably has to do with JtRH... in any case, it's awesome! Welcome to the forum all you new guys, you will sure find here what you seek and much, much more!

04-15-2005 at 09:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MasterGiga
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
icon Re: Expansion of the forum community (+1)  
Maurog wrote:
Now, this could be just my imagination, but aren't we getting a serious increase in the registering rate? I can swear we start to get like more than five new people each day. Is there some heavy advertising of the site going on? I guess it probably has to do with JtRH... in any case, it's awesome! Welcome to the forum all you new guys, you will sure find here what you seek and much, much more!

I've definitely noticed that rapid increase lately. I just registered in February myself, but I'd been playing DROD before then.

It is a good thing to get more and more members though. :D

04-15-2005 at 09:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
icon Re: Expansion of the forum community (0)  
My guess would be word about JtRH is spreading outside the circle of frequent forum-goers a bit. Plus some people who got the DROD newsletter but never visited the forum have started playing JtRH. And now, we have the game itself advertising the monthly contest, which we can expect to draw people to the forum.

Of course, I say this as a newbie who showed up in time to wonder "What's this 94%-complete JtRH thing all about, then?"

[Edited by schep at Local Time:04-15-2005 at 11:11 PM]
04-15-2005 at 11:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Watcher
Rank Points: 902
icon Re: Expansion of the forum community (+2)  
I'd guess that the increase is mostly due to people buying JtRH. Since CaravelNet is integrated with the DROD.net forum, anyone who buys a CaravelNet subscription (which you get for one year if you buy JtRH) will have an account on the forum. A good chunk of the new people might not even have visited the forum.

04-15-2005 at 11:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
I might have something to do with the influx as well. I've been pimping this game just about everywhere I go, including the redvsblue.com forums, which are trafficked by about 100,000 people at this point. Anything to support the game.

04-22-2005 at 11:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MasterGiga
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
This is still happening. More new members all the time. All drawn by that DROD greatness. :D

04-29-2005 at 05:22 AM
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
I love it when people post on other forums about DROD. Word of mouth is what we want!

-Erik

04-29-2005 at 05:30 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
Erik, whenever I get the oppotunity and I think it is the right place, I will tell everyone about drod.(on a forum or chatroom)

04-29-2005 at 06:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Expansion of the forum community
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com