Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Slight (hopefully) bug on the Hints and Solutions board (When posting from a topic)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Fafnir
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 315
IP: Logged
icon Slight (hopefully) bug on the Hints and Solutions board (0)  
If I'm browsing a topic in Hints and Solutions and click the search/new topic link, it directs me to the temporary generic post page rather than the search page. It still works fine if I'm not browsing a topic, so this shouldn't be too evil to fix.

04-11-2005 at 11:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5413
icon Re: Slight (hopefully) bug on the Hints and Solutions board (0)  
Man, I was wondering how people got away with not having their posts associated with rooms... Thanks, it's fixed.

04-12-2005 at 12:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
One thing I don't get...

The roomfinder for H&S seems to only show rooms I've conquered as opposed to the larger collection of rooms I've visited. Typically, I want help for a room I haven't conquered, so what do I do then?

Sorry if it was already talked about and I missed it.

-Erik

04-12-2005 at 12:20 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5413
That shouldn't be the case. If you're visiting the website *while* playing DROD, try hitting escape to go out to the main menu before going to the forum - DROD will send your progress when you leave the game screen - i.e. going to the menu, or demo screen, or Help screen - not every single time you enter a room.

If that's not the case, let me know and I'll look into it further, but I'd guess that's it.

04-12-2005 at 12:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
You know, that was probably it. I didn't leave the game screen before going over to look for hints. It makes sense that the server wouldn't be immediately updated when I first visit the room.

So never mind and thanks for the explanation.

-Erik

04-12-2005 at 04:05 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Slight (hopefully) bug on the Hints and Solutions board (When posting from a topic)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com