Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Two Questions
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
IP: Logged
icon Two Questions (0)  
I tried to send this bug to Brad, but it seems he never got the e-mail, so I thought I\'d better ask you Erik on the forum where you\'d be more likely to spot it.

I am not sure, but I am very confused about the \"Exit level\" procedure. It seems that on most levels, you need to complete all the rooms to allow the blue door to open. On Level 11, I needed to visit (00,01), 1N and (-01,01), 1N 1W before the blue door opened, which I found odd because in the old versions, this was not necessary because these rooms have no monsters in them. Recently, on Level 15, I managed to get the blue door to open even though I had not visited all the rooms, including an unconquered one (-02,-02), 2S 2W which contained a serpent. Is this a bug?

Also, there seem to be a lot of things which cause every monster in the room to blink, squidge or wobble at the same time, for example:
Levels 5 and 6 - Hitting an orb in these rooms makes everything blink: 05(02,00), Level 5 2E; 06(-02,00), Level 6 2W; and 06(-03,00), Level 6 3W.
Level 8 - Any tar mother growing causes everthing else to blink. It seems that all tar mothers are also doing this in other levels.
Level 16 - In 16(01,00), Level 16 1E. Collapsing a trap door makes the tar babies blink. Are these also bugs?

02-11-2003 at 11:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Re: Two Questions (0)  
I tried to send this bug to Brad, but it seems he never got the e-mail, so I thought I\'d better ask you Erik on the forum where you\'d be more likely to spot it.
It\'s not Brad\'s fault--he is off-duty right now, and I did get the message. It is sitting at the top of my inbox, with a \"to do\" flag. Sorry, I ought to have at least acknowledged your message, Wesley.

The problem with the room totals is very irritating to me. I don\'t remember exactly what I did in the past for the levels in question, but the gist of the problem is that a conquered room total is not a good criteria for opening the blue doors. If you have secret or bonus rooms and these are discovered before all of the normal rooms are conquered then the \"exit level\" message will come up prematurely. I have a solution for this that should go into the next release.

The blinking thing, I\'ll look into later.

Thanks for the bugs, Wesley!

-Erik

02-12-2003 at 12:13 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Two Questions
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com