Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : JtRH - Level 6 2E
Page 1 of 2
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
enzi666
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 161
IP: Logged
icon JtRH - Level 6 2E (0)  
Hi!

I'm at the section with the last 3 stone golems. I manage to kill one of them but then the way is blocked.
Any help?

DROD AE: Finished - KDD2: Mastered
JTRH: Mastered
TCB: Mastered - RPG: Finished
GatEB: Mastered - TSS: Mastered
04-08-2005 at 12:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: JtRH - Level 6 2E (0)  
Click here to view the secret text

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-08-2005 at 01:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
enzi666
After writing this post I tried again and guess what?
I made it :D

Finished some rooms on level 7 allready.
Don't get me wrong but is this hold easier than the original one?

Cu
Enzi

04-08-2005 at 01:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
We tried for a more gradual increase of difficulty. By the time they reach the end, some people have said that they think it is more difficult than KDD. I don't think anyone's said it is easier...just wait for a few levels I guess.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-08-2005 at 01:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
It isn't. Level 8 was so hard and annoying just like in kdd.In kdd level 8, all you had to do was clear the tar since it was obvious that that was supposed to be done. In jtrh level 8(and many levels past), there are some rooms where it is hard enough to figure out what to do.

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:05-26-2005 at 01:54 AM]

04-08-2005 at 01:41 AM
enzi666
icon Re: JtRH - Level 6 2E (+1)  
very good, I'm looking forward to it.
Still on lvl 7 where I nearly got mad from one room.
Ok it was 3'o clock in the morning, who cares. This game is too addictive to stop earlier. :thumbsup

cu
Enzi

[Edited by enzi666 at Local Time:04-08-2005 at 11:41 AM]

04-08-2005 at 07:39 AM
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
enzi666 wrote:
After writing this post I tried again and guess what?
I made it :D

Finished some rooms on level 7 allready.
Don't get me wrong but is this hold easier than the original one?

Cu
Enzi

Don't forget, you are a more experienced player than most people (especially after tackling some of the most difficult user-made holds out there), so this time round, it's conceivable that you'll find JtRH easier than KDD, since you've got so much more experience at smiting monsters.

For newer players, I expect the learning curve is much steeper than that of KDD, so I'd expect JtRH is more difficult (conceptually) to master.

04-08-2005 at 12:17 PM
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
For me, even though I beat kdd and many user holds, it is still very hard for me since it is new and all that.

04-08-2005 at 02:55 PM
HopelessAmateur
Rank Points: 177
agaricus5 wrote:
Don't forget, you are a more experienced player than most people (especially after tackling some of the most difficult user-made holds out there), so this time round, it's conceivable that you'll find JtRH easier than KDD, since you've got so much more experience at smiting monsters.
Yeah. If you want 'tough' go to Bavato's. I'm still sweating and swearing in there. There is no hope of me ever getting past the collapsing @#$% floor. :D.
04-20-2005 at 12:21 PM
luckypuppy2
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
this one has me stumped guys. how 'bout a demo on this room (JtRH level6 2e) and the secret room,can't seem to get all those baddies on their white square before they move. :~( or at least a better hint,please. great game,but it makes me crazy :w00t anybody?? where can I download the demo's for JtRH? these two rooms are taking me to a new level of frustration :angry :weep :oldtimer :blowup :? help please

[Edited by luckypuppy2 at Local Time:05-01-2005 at 08:39 AM: misspell]
04-25-2005 at 01:04 AM
drodette
Rank Points: 25
Okeeeey dokeey. Can someone please remind me why I thought it would be a good idea to buy this game? I'm all tense and twitchy now.

So any help here? I cannot get past the 4th golem. At least, not without notifying the 5th golem that I'm in the corridor and he blocks me.

Thanks muchly.

05-24-2005 at 11:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
drodette
Rank Points: 25
Ok, I was just testing. Turns out that posting on the board really DOES make the game easier. Got it alllllll sorted.

05-24-2005 at 11:19 PM
nstrich
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
I am stuck with the exact same problem various others have asked about on this room. Except they all seemed to figure it out, and I can't for the life of me.

I can't kill that 5th Golem without the 6th one coming along and blocking the passage. I couldn't figure out a way to get it not to follw the 5th, or to kill number 5 in a position that allows me to kill the 6th without blocking the route.

Maybe I'm just being incredibly dense here...

I don't want a straight up solution, just a hint or something. I'd rather figure it out froma clue than just be told - but help of some description would really help stop me tearing my hair out.
06-04-2005 at 01:18 AM
schep
Rank Points: 865
The sixth golem

06-04-2005 at 02:08 AM
Chopper
Rank Points: 16
20+ tries and nothing & no speed stops that 6th guy from getting in a position that blocks the way. What's the secret?
06-12-2005 at 06:14 PM
bdcribbs
Rank Points: 390
Chopper wrote:
20+ tries and nothing & no speed stops that 6th guy from getting in a position that blocks the way. What's the secret?

Edit: in case you knew that much already:

[Edited by bdcribbs at Local Time:06-12-2005 at 07:12 PM]
06-12-2005 at 07:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chopper
Thanx but clockwise and counter clockwise both result in the same thing. As it does regardless of how I manouver to get to them. Nothing I do precludes him from getting on the row that seals my fate.
06-12-2005 at 08:33 PM
bdcribbs

File: JtRH Twenty-Second Level 1N1E start.demo (2 KB)
Downloaded 137 times.
License: Other

If that isn't making sense, see attached demo.

Edit: despite the wrong title on that demo, it is indeed a demo for Level 6 2E. Looks like I found a bug, 22 1N1E was the last room I exported a demo from, before I exported this one.

[Edited by bdcribbs at Local Time:06-12-2005 at 09:11 PM]

Edit again: I don't think it's really a bug, I think it's just user stupidity, I must have somehow clicked the prior demo name when I added "start" to the name of this demo, hence changing it's name.

[Edited by bdcribbs at Local Time:06-12-2005 at 09:19 PM]
06-12-2005 at 09:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chopper
Still trying, still losing. And I can't see that demo. Is there a certain place to put it or access it?
06-12-2005 at 10:51 PM
bdcribbs
If you are having the problem I expect you are having:

You can put the demo where ever you want, then in DROD, click import, and browse to it. Try putting it in Program Files\\DROD\\Data\\Homemade if you can't find it.
06-13-2005 at 12:13 AM
Chopper
The "dance" lessons did it. THANX!!
06-13-2005 at 12:28 AM
Monkeyman1138
Rank Points: 10
How do I kill the forth golem without preventing myself from getting all trapdoors or trapping myself in the passage?
06-15-2005 at 10:48 PM
bdcribbs
I'm not sure that you can... but you don't need to drop all the trapdoors.
06-15-2005 at 11:12 PM
Phoonzang
Rank Points: 11
Oneiromancer wrote:

Hi, I'm stuck on this, too. With your solution I end up with the second to last golem right behind the one I just killed. I can not get around it, when I step on the trapdoor and kill it, the path is blocked.... and the slayer is coming after mee, too!

Dave

Edit: Sorry to have bothered you, just got it!

[Last edited by Phoonzang at 12-12-2005 01:18 PM]
12-12-2005 at 01:10 PM
AtkinsSJ
Rank Points: 107
Firstly, is there meant to be a slayer in this level? He never appears.

The golem starting at 1 is at 2, and Beethro is at 3.
Where do I go from here? I can't seem to get the leftmost golem before the one at 2 blocks my path.
01-28-2006 at 05:58 PM
Oneiromancer
I'm not sure if the Slayer is supposed to show up in this room or not.

Basically, the golem at 1 shouldn't have gotten all the way to 2. You need to be more efficient earlier in the room to make sure that it doesn't get that high.

Game on,

01-28-2006 at 07:01 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
He is supposed to show up. That's odd. :? I wonder why? Does he show up in the room before it?
01-30-2006 at 12:54 PM
wiseoldman
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50

File: stuck in L6 3E.jpg (161.5 KB)
Downloaded 47 times.
License: Public Domain
I am having great difficulty in moving through 2East. Any help would be appreciated :-O
03-02-2006 at 12:43 PM
Oneiromancer
wiseoldman, you seem to be having the same problem as AtkinsSJ a few posts above. Basically, you need to be more efficient in killing the golems in the middle horizontal path so that the one in the last vertical path before the end (labelled 1 in his picture) doesn't get too far up.

Game on,

03-02-2006 at 01:50 PM
wiseoldman
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
Oneiromancer wrote:
wiseoldman, you seem to be having the same problem as AtkinsSJ a few posts above. Basically, you need to be more efficient in killing the golems in the middle horizontal path so that the one in the last vertical path before the end (labelled 1 in his picture) doesn't get too far up.

Game on,

I appreciate you comments but, so far, I have not found the strategy to accomplish this. Can you suggest one?
Thank you :?
03-02-2006 at 08:00 PM
Page 1 of 2
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : JtRH - Level 6 2E
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com