Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Irix port
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2228
IP: Logged
icon Re: Re: Irix port (0)  
quote:
Schik wrote:
So I put some debugging in CRoomWidget::Repaint that basically prints out what tile # is being painted at each position. Every run, the output is the exact same.

The tile# is the same each time?

Hmm. Sorry, but I don\'t have anything that insightful.

Are monsters and the swordsman drawn or is it just one big black square? For the big black square, it could be useful to check if this code is causing CRoomWidget::Paint() to exit early:

if (!this->pRoom)
{
DrawPlaceholder();
return;
}

Basically, CRoomWidget::Paint() is the place to start troubleshooting and see where flow is going, what variables are set wrong, etc.
quote:
Also, the mini-map always looks correct - so it certainly seems to be loading the data correctly.

Makes sense.

-Erik

02-25-2003 at 01:06 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5105
icon Re: Irix port (0)  
Okay, it\'s been way too long so I made some time to work on this tonight, and I got it all compiling and working on the PC and SGI. At least on the surface - I haven\'t tested extensively, but the SGI problems I had noticed before - Incorrect drawing and the game ending at the end of the first level - are fixed. As for the PC version, it seems the same as always.

Give me a little time to clean up & test, and then I\'ll throw a big ol\' diff your way.

03-22-2003 at 03:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
I forgot - I noticed a lot of changes in the CVS tree structure, like DRODLib1.5 being added - I assume my changes should stay in DRODLib, correct? There don\'t appear to be too many conflicts so merging shouldn\'t be a big issue.

03-22-2003 at 03:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
ErikH2000
quote:
Schik wrote:
I forgot - I noticed a lot of changes in the CVS tree structure, like DRODLib1.5 being added - I assume my changes should stay in DRODLib, correct? There don\'t appear to be too many conflicts so merging shouldn\'t be a big issue.

Yeah, let\'s put your stuff into drodlib, which will become drodlib1.6 after next release.

Your changes won\'t go into drodlib1.5. The purpose of making a copy of drodlib code into a new project, was to snapshot the code used for accessing data files from the last release. It will be used for importing 1.5 data into v1.6 data.

-Erik

03-23-2003 at 04:05 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Okay, I lied, it\'s turning out to be harder than I expected. After updating, I was getting all kinds of crashes, and finally worked through all of them. Now it\'s working perfectly.... in debug mode. In release, it crashes before *anything* comes up. Does that ring any bells with anyone? I\'ll work on it, but if anybody has any ideas or thoughts, feel free to share...

03-24-2003 at 09:27 PM
Schik
Why is it that posting a question almost always makes the solution jump right out at me?

In other words - never mind.

Not that it was anything obvious - using SDL_RWFromFP didn\'t work (even though the FP was just fine...), while reading the file into a CStretchyBuffer then using SDL_RWFromMem *did* work.

Odd.

03-24-2003 at 09:59 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 4361
quote:
Schik wrote:
Why is it that posting a question almost always makes the solution jump right out at me?
That\'s fine: this is good news, right? I must have done this same thing to Erik about 300 times last year. I\'m so excited to see a DROD port -- and I\'m sure tons of other people are too!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-26-2003 at 12:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
icon Re: Re: Re: Irix port (0)  
quote:
mrimer wrote:
That\'s fine: this is good news, right?

Yeah, it\'s great! However, after more testing, I found some weirdness in the editor - specifically, when there should be a tooltip popping up. Sometimes it looks right, but most often the window is very narrow and tall, and you can see just a letter or two from each word.

I\'ve got a little time to look at it tonight, hopefully I\'ll nail it...

03-26-2003 at 01:37 AM
Schik
Okay, it seems to be an existing bug - an unintialized variable, which in debug mode defaults to a big number, while in release defaults to 0, making the width of the tooltip screwy in release only.

CToolTipEffect::CToolTipEffect() calls GetTextWidthHeight(), which passes this->w to CFontManager::GetTextRectHeight() before it\'s assigned a value. Since the tooltips so far seem to self-regulate width with newlines, what are your thoughts on this? Do you have any particular maximum width in mind?

03-26-2003 at 03:29 AM
Schik
icon Current list of stuff that doesn't work (0)  
Is there a list of known things that don\'t work in the current checked in version?

I\'m trying to test everything before I submit my changes to Erik for approval, and have run into a couple problems.

For instance, exporting via the Who or Where menu items doesn\'t work. I figured I screwed something up and was trying to figure out what I did, but it doesn\'t seem to work in a clean checked out version. If I\'m wrong and it does work, let me know...

03-26-2003 at 08:58 PM
ErikH2000
icon Re: Current list of stuff that doesn't work (0)  
quote:
Schik wrote:
Is there a list of known things that don\'t work in the current checked in version?

I\'m trying to test everything before I submit my changes to Erik for approval, and have run into a couple problems.

For instance, exporting via the Who or Where menu items doesn\'t work. I figured I screwed something up and was trying to figure out what I did, but it doesn\'t seem to work in a clean checked out version. If I\'m wrong and it does work, let me know...

These should be in the task manager area of SourceForge. If you see something that doesn\'t work, feel free to add a bug to the task manager as a new task. Well, if you want to, anyway.

I am behind on closing finished tasks and adding things that are still left to do (fixing bugs mainly). This weekend I\'ll see if I can get it updated. Also I have 5 or 6 unentered bugs, but none of them have to do with features added since the last release.

-Erik

03-26-2003 at 09:27 PM
Schik
icon Re: Re: Current list of stuff that doesn't work (0)  
quote:
erikh2000 wrote:
These should be in the task manager area of SourceForge. If you see something that doesn\'t work, feel free to add a bug to the task manager as a new task. Well, if you want to, anyway.

I looked there first, and for the CFileDialogWidget task it said 95% done, but no specifics - not that I\'d expect any.

I\'ll just keep an extra unmodified copy around so I can test my version vs. it.

It wouldn\'t be a tragedy if I checked in something that broke something else, anyways. I\'d just fix it.

03-26-2003 at 09:48 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 4361
icon Re: Re: Re: Current list of stuff that doesn't work (0)  
quote:
Schik wrote:
I looked there first, and for the CFileDialogWidget task it said 95% done, but no specifics - not that I\'d expect any.
Well, it just doesn\'t behave correctly in a couple of circumstances. If you come across them, feel free to polish them up.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-31-2003 at 06:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
icon Re: Re: Re: Re: Current list of stuff that doesn't work (0)  
quote:
mrimer wrote:
quote:
Schik wrote:
Well, it just doesn\'t behave correctly in a couple of circumstances. If you come across them, feel free to polish them up.

Or describe the bug in a task manager task. Or e-mail the bug to me. Well, if you want, that is.

-Erik

03-31-2003 at 07:19 PM
Schik
Basically, when I tried to export (in either the Who or Where dialogs), I couldn\'t get CFileDialogWidget to correctly return the filename I had selected. And it always started by default in an odd directory, one I never would have navigated to in a DROD dialog box.

Once my other changes are reviewed, modified if needed, and accepted I will certainly look into it. It\'s possible I screwed something up with the Unicode changes, but if I\'m not mistaken I had the same problem with the checked in version.

03-31-2003 at 07:41 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Irix port
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com