Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 8, 5s1e
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
billbuckner
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 57
IP: Logged
icon Level 8, 5s1e (0)  
Can't solve the room when the Slayer enters. How do I get him to hit the right orb?
04-06-2005 at 12:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
billbuckner
icon Re: Level 8, 5s1e (0)  
Right, solved it by using a Wubba. I cna't kill the snakes in the next room, though. I usually can kill the small one using the Slayer, but I can't get him to follow me to the big one.
04-06-2005 at 01:03 AM
Maurog
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1501
icon Re: Level 8, 5s1e (+1)  
Click here to view the secret text

04-06-2005 at 07:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
billbuckner
GAAA!!!! I Can't solve this one! How can you get the Slayer to follow you into the outer ring?
04-12-2005 at 09:44 PM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
Getting him to follow is usually not a problem. Just go there and wait for the wisp to, um, find you. And then, ahem, the hook will follow.

04-12-2005 at 09:56 PM
bucklingbranch
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
I too am having trouble with this room. I have killed everything in the room, and I can see that I need to exit (hopefully to lvl 9) in the lower right of the room, but I CANNOT for the life of me get that darn Slayer to touch the orb to open the doors grrrrrrr!!!!!!! His hook will only point at the orb if I am in front of it lol, as soon as I move past the orb to allow him to touch it his hook is pointing at me rather than the orb.
Pleeeeeaaase can someone tell me what I am doing wrong....I think I am going crazy!!!!
Thanks very much
04-26-2005 at 06:21 PM
bucklingbranch
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
OK nevermind, I figured it out as soon as I finished the post. Sadly though it did not lead me to lvl 9 but to another room which I dont HAVE to beat, but cant get through without....sigh
04-26-2005 at 07:20 PM
Hazekel
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Yes, it is that new room (5s2e) that I can't solve. I can get everything except for that last snake. I can't lure the slayer back out there and can't complete the level without it. It is also impossible to lure the roaches out there, so what can I do?

Sorry I posted here but I couldn't figure out how to post a new link since it kept wanting me to select a level from a list which doesn't have level 8?
04-27-2005 at 10:39 PM
Fafnir
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 315
I'm guessing by 'the last snake' you mean the outer snake - correct me if I'm wrong.

04-27-2005 at 10:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ander
Rank Points: 79
Fafnir wrote:

06-26-2005 at 08:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390
I got real confused trying to respond to this because half of the thread is about 5s1e and then there is 5s2e...

I decided to withdraw a post from here because I think I was speaking about the wrong room. It's 5s2e you are asking about, right?

In my opinion, this is the hardest room in jtrh, and one of the most clever.

Unfortunately my "Victory" demo ends in death...
(something changed?).

You've got to be careful and lure him to a spot that will
end up killing the serpents, and I had to circle around
a few times to do that.

06-26-2005 at 11:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
kentonk
OK gang! I'm about to pull the remaining few hairs out of my 62 yr old head. I've conquered 17 rooms of level 8 but I can't seem to find the path to 1N1W or 5S1E. Is there a required sequence to solving the rooms? Any hints would be appreciated. :blush
09-28-2005 at 07:34 PM
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
Don't pull your hair out right now: more trouble is on the way. This level *is* confusing, but sometimes, you should just Trust the Game. Did you get the "Exit Level" message? If not, you forgot to do one room that you can reach and that *is* required (it isn't 5S 1E or 1N 1W; not now anyway). The secret tag below gives away a lot of information about level 8, and should only be used if... Well, at your discretion.

09-28-2005 at 09:14 PM
kentonk
Ok, I got the "exit level" message sometime ago. I guess it would be helpful to find out the location of the blue door and see if I can get out of this troblesome level. Thanks in advance.
09-29-2005 at 02:27 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388

Oh, that reminds me, regarding the room exit puzzle in 5S1E that apparantly everyone has trouble with:

[Last edited by Mattcrampy at 09-29-2005 03:16 PM]
09-29-2005 at 03:00 PM
nichetta
Help me, please. I have not understand how can exit from 5S1E. I kill the snakes, I go out from the north exit and I go back, the slayer shuts the door and I do not succeed in opening the yellow doors in the south on the right. How can I do it?
11-12-2005 at 04:27 PM
zaubberer
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 251
have a look at your other posting for this room!

zaubberer
:wizard
11-12-2005 at 06:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
wiseoldman
Rank Points: 50

File: level 8 5s1e.jpg (72.5 KB)
Downloaded 86 times.
License: Public Domain
I am posting the room where I have cleared all the monsters (snakes), left to the north (only way open) and found myself back in the room with the slayer! I can trap him in the room by opening the block(hitting orb near top right) and then exit out the south over the trap doors. But this accomplishes nothing that I can see.

Do you have to do something different in the room before killing the snakes? Or what is the trick? A hint would be helpful :weep
03-12-2006 at 01:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wiseoldman
well, my error ... i see you have to exit southeast but the slayer has to have his staff in the norht to northwest position to open the door for you. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to get him to so place his staff :weep
03-12-2006 at 01:59 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
wiseoldman wrote:
well, my error ... i see you have to exit southeast but the slayer has to have his staff in the norht to northwest position to open the door for you. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to get him to so place his staff :weep

np: Yello - 3rd Of June (Flag)

03-12-2006 at 11:11 AM
wiseoldman
THANK YOU :D

I was to quick to not test to see what happens when I did lock him in the first room. Hummmm, I can see I am in for a long time in this game.

You're help is appreciated :rolleyes
03-12-2006 at 12:17 PM
wiseoldman
Going from bad to worse :weep

The slayer is following me from room to room and now I am stuck in 4S with no way, that I can see, out. What could I have done wrong? Did I take the wrong path out from 5S1E? Is there any way to get this resolved without starting the entire level over again?
03-12-2006 at 04:40 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
4S is a hard room with the Slayer but check the hints for it as many other people have had questions about it.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
03-12-2006 at 05:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 8, 5s1e
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com