Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : Content With A Gooey Centre
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon Content With A Gooey Centre (0)  
It's Saturday afternoon here, and the easter eggs are locked and loaded. Have you got your eggs yet, or at the least sent the Easter bunny your forwarding address?

I ask because I forgot to change my mailing address with the easter bunny when I moved, and there's a 3 week turnaround on new delivery addresses, so I had to get my own easter eggs. It's a bit sad.

DROD.net's been a bit dusty since I've been moving, and it's taken a while to get the phone line connected and the Internet up. I've had to rely on internet cafes and suchlike, but I've finally been able to dust it off and make it a bit cleaner.

There's now a link to the news mailing list on the front page. If you're reading this, this probably won't interest you. I've also done a bit of cleaning up of the graphics and transparancies, which is little maintenance stuff, the website equivalent of dusting and straightening the pictures.

There have been a couple of big additions and changes, as well. The "Upcoming" section has been removed, as most of what was going to go in there will probably find its way to www.caravelgames.com, Caravel's official website. Bios, things like that. The JtRH preview has been moved to http://www.drod.net/Articles/JtRH.html, in case you haven't read it for some reason. (We're really close to releasing it, too.) There's a new Architect's Toolkit, written by DiMono, which contains all sorts of strategies for using the editor to facilitate hold building, here: http://www.drod.net/Architects/GettingFullUseOfTheEditor.html. Gamer_extreme_101 has also written a neat little play about Beethro's initial reaction to King Dugan's summoning that kicked off DROD, and his reaction to some urban art. You can read it here: http://www.drod.net/TheEighth/WhatHappenedBeforeKDD.html. Agaricus5 has trawled the forums and compiled a comprehensive index of everything we know about Eighth culture. He's posted it up on the forum, but we've made it come up on the site. It's very impressive, and you can read it here: http://www.drod.net/forum/viewpage.php?TopicID=4199

I think that's everything for now, but I've got a few things on the boiler I'd like to get up before JtRH gets released. But DROD.net will go through a bit of a makeover for JtRH, and we hope you'll stick around to see it. It should be good.

Matt

03-26-2005 at 05:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
icon Re: Content With A Gooey Centre (0)  
Should that be www.caravelgames.net?
03-26-2005 at 05:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: Content With A Gooey Centre (+1)  
It really should be both. We'll get the caravelgames.com to point to the right place soon enough.

But that's a rather nasty surprise, in any case. Very nasty.

Matt

03-26-2005 at 05:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Content With A Gooey Centre (0)  
Mattcrampy wrote:
The "Upcoming" section has been removed, as most of what was going to go in there will probably find its way to www.caravelgames.com, Caravel's official website.
Umm...might I suggest placing the Spin-Off Showcase in "Fun Stuff" then, as I don't really think you'd want to put that on caravelgames.com.
Gamer_extreme_101 has also written a neat little play about Beethro's initial reaction to King Dugan's summoning that kicked off DROD, and his reaction to some urban art.
Hehehe...you also learn that Halph would make a good career in post-modern art! :) Well, we now have about 10 minutes of a play of the Story of Beethro. At this rate, a 90 minute movie will be complete in...ooh....about 2008.

Edit: And don't you think it would be handy to have Caravelgames.com in the Links section?

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:03-28-2005 at 04:30 AM]

03-28-2005 at 03:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : Content With A Gooey Centre
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com