Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Runescape, adventurequest, neopets and ogame.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Blood Maggot
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
IP: Logged
icon Runescape, adventurequest, neopets and ogame. (+1)  
I find none of these particularly good, but perhaps they are worth a look. Runescape would be my favourite, and neopets would be my least.

www.runescape.com - runescape

Basic Run-down: a 3d adventure where you can interact with other people. You can fight, mine, craft and stuff. You can build on your character's skill to make them better at stuff.

www.neopets.com - neopets

Basic Run-down: a world at your fingertips, where you can make money, build on your pets to make them fight, talk with other people, etc. Lots of games, and perhaps the worst administrative team in the history of the universe.

www.battleon.com - adventurequest

I haven't played this much, but I figured it might be woth a look. You fight in turn based combat against enemies, and can visit places to buy weapons and what-not. No interaction with other users.

www.ogame.org - ogame

I quite like this. It's a text-based space sim, where you are given a planet, and have to build up your colony and even expand to new planets. You can wage a war in space against other players, but the computer calculates who wins. It's a log-on and update my colony game, you wouldn't sit and play all day.

Feel free to comment.
03-05-2005 at 10:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Runescape, adventurequest, neopets and ogame. (0)  
Blood Maggot wrote:
www.neopets.com - neopets

Basic Run-down: a world at your fingertips, where you can make money, build on your pets to make them fight, talk with other people, etc. Lots of games, and perhaps the worst administrative team in the history of the universe.

Or, from a slightly different viewpoint:

A few decent games and competent clones of other games surrounded by a kid-oriented community website that's totally broken and abused by a few people running scripts. If you avoid the "pets" aspect and focus only on the flash games its fun, but if you try to actually build up money and/or good equipment you'll find that A - you can't really catch up to people playing for a long time, and B - at some point all your money (neopoints) will be stolen when your account is hacked into and the administrators will cheerfully tell you that it's your fault.

03-05-2005 at 10:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blood Maggot
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
That's pretty much what I think of it. Hence it's my worst in the list.
03-05-2005 at 10:21 PM
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
icon Re: Runescape, adventurequest, neopets and ogame. (+1)  
I may have suggested this somewhere else, but now the game has been reset so you have a chance to get good in it:

Lords of Legend

You basically start off with some money and base units, which you can train into better ones at the cost of some money. How do you get money? the games ticks over every half an hour and you get mroe money depending on the amount of units you have, and by attacking other players (of whom there are a lot).
As I said, the game was reset to allow new people a chance a few days ago, so try it if you want. it's not very stimulating, but it's quite fun once you get into it. Also, it gets better as you get towards higher power, as you get more money per game tic and much more units.

[Edited by wackhead_uk at Local Time:03-05-2005 at 10:35 PM]
03-05-2005 at 10:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
The spammer has been banned.

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
06-12-2007 at 01:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Oneiromancer wrote:
The spammer has been banned.

Wait, what? :huh
06-12-2007 at 03:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
Neil actually meant to say "The Bammer has been spanned", meaning that a river near his home has a new bridge built across it, making travel and traffic easier. It's rather unfortunate that he typed out a spoonerism.

06-12-2007 at 03:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Heh. Funny, zex. Anyway, Ezlo, someone made several posts advertising a gold-buying service for Runescape. He even posted in the Arnold thread. I deleted all the posts and banned the user, and decided to post about it here because it was obvious that the thread had been bumped over 2 years but there was no obvious reason for it. It was to forestall people wondering why the thread was on the first page but I had to get to work so I didn't spend the time to explain more.

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
06-12-2007 at 10:49 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Ah, okay. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity! :D
06-13-2007 at 02:36 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Runescape, adventurequest, neopets and ogame.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com