Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Continuously updated posts (Some posts are more alive than others)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Maurog
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1501
IP: Logged
icon Continuously updated posts (0)  
Sometimes you need a post that concludes information which should be constantly updated. Things like listing predictions and their status, or tracking the status of challengers in a survival game. I think there should be a special post status which will prevent them dragging a tail of "[Edited by...]" messages like the snake from an old classic game.

So in theory, one would be able to ask the moderators in a post about making it "updatable", and from the moment they do, when he edits it, it just lists one message at the bottom - "[Last updated at...]" instead of an ever-increasing tail.

02-06-2005 at 08:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Continuously updated posts (0)  
So, essentially, you would want an edited tag to look somewhat like this?

[Lasted edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:02-05-2005 at 08:30 PM:Speeling. Edited 1 time(s) in total]

I've seen some boards do this for all edits, and I like it. It looks a lot more cleaner and more organized. I'd support it.

02-06-2005 at 08:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: Continuously updated posts (0)  
I agree that it is a bit of work to remove the [Edited by...] tags each time you are adding something. I usually do that though.

But I must say, especially for first posts in a thread, it's often better to be able to have something like [Last modified at...] in the beginning of the post instead.

(Note that I have no problem with the current situation. I just removed the most of the [Edited] tags myself.)

-- Tim

02-06-2005 at 08:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Continuously updated posts (Some posts are more alive than others)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com