Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Chasm (A flash puzzler)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon Chasm (+1)  
I found this game on addictinggames.com today, and beat it, but it was a neat little game nonetheless. You are Joe, a personified platypus (I think), and you need to restore waterflow to your town.

Linkage

01-29-2005 at 11:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Chasm (0)  
I found this game once, but I found it tedius to play, because there are annoyingly long animations you have to sit through to get from place to place and manipulate things.

01-30-2005 at 02:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
That was quite fun but I was a little confused in the end because I was actually
Click here to view the secret text

Yes, it would've been nice if it was possible to skip animations like in Monkey Island games for example.
01-30-2005 at 02:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
Yeah, I suggested that one here. It was a pretty fun game, I thought.

01-31-2005 at 12:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Blood Maggot
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
I've played this before, but I got stuck. How do I get past the water-pipe maze? That bird needs to be shot.
02-06-2005 at 10:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
If you go up a different path, you will find a telescope that will let you examine the pipes, and plot your course. You can do it without the telescope too, if you're observant enough, but it's a little tricky and requires good screenshot timing.

02-07-2005 at 05:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Heh, I got stuck after that. After all that work doing the water pipe maze, I get a little trickle of water and physical comedy. I didn't get why I had to do it.

Matt

02-10-2005 at 11:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
You need to do that so that water can get somewhere. Plus you get a nifty little surfboard.

02-11-2005 at 05:32 AM
silver
Rank Points: 915
icon Re: Chasm (+1)  
So, really, there are two puzzles in chasm, and an unfortunate series of one-way elements that disallows you from re-configuring the first puzzle arbitrarily after doing the second puzzle.

(note this secret basically gives away the whole first puzzle and thus half the game. caveat clickor).

Click here to view the secret text

[Edited by silver at Local Time:02-12-2005 at 01:46 PM]

02-11-2005 at 01:35 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Chasm (A flash puzzler)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com