Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Colossus (A computer implementation of Titan)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon Colossus (+1)  
Titan: The Fantasy Monster Slugathon Game. In my opinion, it's even better than Settlers of Catan as far as board games go (though it tends to take a fair bit longer to play a game). Basically, you control your Titan on a hexagonal board, where each piece of land has its own terrain and movement rules. As you travel the board in combat, you get to recruit units from the land according to predefined rules, and the goal is to battle it out to the death.

The largest creature in the game other than your Titan (eventually) is the Colossus, so it seems fitting that the open-source java implementation would be called Colossus. Unfortunately, the Avalon Hill board game is currently out of print, so if you want to get the game the odds are you'll need to download it.

01-28-2005 at 06:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Colossus (A computer implementation of Titan)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com