Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Ignore Topic
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
IP: Logged
icon Ignore Topic (+1)  
So I've started depending on the red folders to tell me when a board/topic has new messages in it. However, there are several topics that have been getting a lot of traffic that I don't care that much about (example: Predict the future thread on News board, or Predict the next poster on Forum Games). I care about other happenings on those boards, but not those particular topics. Is there a way I could designate topics as "Ignore this topic"? If that (or other topics that I'm ignoring) is the only topic on a board to be changed since my last visit, the board folder won't appear red.

This is not a big deal to me, but it would make my fora browsing more streamlined and convenient.

01-24-2005 at 02:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5413
icon Re: Ignore Topic (+1)  
I'd love to do this one, not only for the unread post list, but for sending out email notification. It won't happen for a while, but sometime after all the JtRH work is done, I'll try to get to this.

01-24-2005 at 03:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Ignore Topic (0)  
*bump*

Was going to suggest this myself, but figured I'd reuse this thread. I think this would be a great feature to have, though you're probably very busy with TCB at the moment.

If this feature was implemented, I'd probably revert back to email notification, but with the current "Predict the next poster" thread, I just daren't.
12-07-2006 at 11:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5413
icon Re: Ignore Topic (+2)  
Yeah, I haven't forgotten this one. I'd love to have it for myself as well. I do have some TCB work to do, and I've got a lot of work to do on the Hold Administration front. Last night I spent a couple hours on server admin type of stuff. And then I spent all morning coming up with excuses! *ahem*

But seriously, I have a ton of things I want to do, and lately, little time to do them. Hopefully end-of-year craziness will slow down soon and I'll find some time to work on all kinds of fun stuff.

12-07-2006 at 04:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Ignore Topic
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com