Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Contest board
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
IP: Logged
icon Contest board (0)  
Would it be hard to create a contest board? Sometimes a contest is in News, or General and it can get confusing.

01-14-2005 at 02:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Contest board (0)  
I plan to always have contest announcements in the "News" board. Sometimes there will be a link in the announcement to a more detailed post in "General", but generally you can find all the contests from "News".

-Erik

01-14-2005 at 02:54 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
AlefBet
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 979
That sounds fine, but then all the traffic for the contest ends up on the news board as well. I usually don't care much about contests I'm not participating in, but every time that "news" folder turns red, I have to make sure I'm not missing anything.

It would be nice if a post could be made in the news section to announce the contest, but the contest entries and comments and followups could be on a thread in the "contests" board. Anyway, I'd kinda like it that way.

++Adam H. Peterson
01-14-2005 at 03:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
Yeah, I agree. Especially with contests like this one that generate a lot of replies, it's really annoying that they are in the news board.

01-14-2005 at 04:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
I never thought of that before. Okay, next contest, I will start announcing on "news" and linking to a "general" topic.

-Erik

01-14-2005 at 05:27 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Contest board
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com