Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : NationStates (Create and control your own state)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Nillo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 548
IP: Logged
icon NationStates (+1)  
I'm not sure if this can be considered a game or not, but it certainly is as fun as one.

NationStates

Basically, you create a country, choose a name, flag, currency, national animal etc. and answer some questions about your politics. Then it will determine what the country looks like.

After that, every week-day (this can be changed in Settings) an issue appears, and you can choose how to solve it. If you don't like any of the options, you can simply dismiss the issue.

It isn't very time-consuming, so you should try it out.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
01-10-2005 at 05:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
icon Re: NationStates (0)  
I did this game with my college dorm section a couple of years ago. We arranged about twenty nations into a region and had fun with it for a while. We gew weary of it after a while, though. To sap the last bit of enjoyment out of this game, we decided to move into another region that was much larger then ours (since such a move is never restricted), and we all voted for a single member of our region to become the leader, effectively conquering the region known as the "100 regions of conquest". It was good fun. I'd post the screenshot I took of it if I weren't a few hundred miles away from the computer that it's on.

01-10-2005 at 11:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
I've been playing this recently. It's pretty fun, and the issues to deal with can be really weird. It's also fun to read your nation description, since the facts about your nation you put in at the beginning don't always fit the script that puts them in the description.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
01-12-2005 at 02:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
03-13-2005 at 04:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
LeForce
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 44
icon Re: NationStates (+1)  
If anyone from the forum wants to play then please join the region: "The Eighth" with "neather" as the password.

04-17-2005 at 10:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bovis
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
icon Re: NationStates (+1)  
I started playing today, as the Empire of Dugandy, we are evil people, and funnily enough, our national animal, the dungeon roach, is close to extinction. ;)

I joined The Eighth just now.
04-20-2005 at 06:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bovis
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
I don't understand what happened.

I applied for the UN, and when I got the E-Mail I followed the link, but nothing happened, I'm not in the UN. :(
Does anyone know what I should do.

Doesn't matter now, I figured it out. :blush

[Edited by bovis at Local Time:04-20-2005 at 11:14 PM]
04-20-2005 at 11:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : NationStates (Create and control your own state)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com