Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD in 2004 - A Look Back...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged
icon DROD in 2004 - A Look Back... (+6)  
With 2005 rapidly approaching, what better time to take a look back at all the highlights that have happened in the past 364 days in the Eighth:

-The reign of contests started with the "Master Map of the Eighth" contests. In total, 9 contests were run this year, ranging from testing your songwriting skills to forging a screenshot to making a hold based on 10 strict requirements.
-2 patches were released, with one patch requiring a patch to make the patch patch sucessfully. :? ...At least that sounds right...
-The internet was stunned with the announcement of the JtRH beta on April 1st, 2004. With people scrambling to get a change to test it (I was one, I'll admit it. I even still have the email Matt sent me), various members played with the minds of others by making up fake bug reports. 4 months later, we learn why people should fully read a topic before posting.
-The forum's 500th user registers on April 13th. To DiMono's and masonjason's dismay, his name started with neither a P nor an L.
-Erik received the spotlight thanks to DiMono's article on diabloii.net. The word "Rankle" becomes popular overnight.
-DROD.net experiences some downtime thanks to a bad misunderstanding. Dexterity.com, however, graciously lended Erik a chunk of forum for all of the stranded refugees.
-On May 12, the peasents rejoice. DROD.net returns to the internet.
-DROD3D gets it final touch-ups and sent to press. While critism was abundant, no one could deny that the pits looked cool.
-Much to the fear of it's members, Erik starts the "Songs of the Eighth" contest. With the chance to record a song for bonus points, Las Vegas ran out of white-sequinned jackets.
-The magical bar finds it's way onto the DROD forum. Arguements erupt as people declare that the door should be opening rather than closing. As a bar-watching thread pops up, the obligatory bar jokes create an atmosphere more full of hams than a meatpackers plant.
-Spyware applications invade DROD's territory. Members tempted to hire a large man with a big sword to deal with the situation.
-The gag order is released on JtRh. Even after all of the info that Matt has blurted out in FR posts, excitement is high.
-Beta testers and forum members are able to peacefully co-exist on the forums even without being hidden. Doesn't that make you all happy inside?

With that, I look forward to all the excitement that 2005 will bring us. If I missed an event, be sure to post!

12-31-2004 at 02:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD in 2004 - A Look Back...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com