Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Diner Dash
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
IP: Logged
icon Diner Dash (+2)  
Here's a new game at shockwave:Diner Dash. Its kind of like Root Beer Tapper.

Its not freeware, unfortunatly, but I think you can get a free demo (I subscribe to gameblast for $10/month and get all these games free).

I think it would be cool to see this concept combined with a couple of other puzzles in a multiplayer game like Puzzle Pirates. You could have several people waiting tables, getting orders for the people playing the chef game, who make food for the waiters to serve. Also, there could be a bar-tending game for getting drinks. And instead of the navigator game, you could have a marketing game to draw in more customers, spend profits on more tables etc. Instead of the ship-to-ship sword fights, you could have restaraunt-to-restaraunt food fights or softball games or something.

12-28-2004 at 04:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: Diner Dash (+1)  
We could call it EverDiner.

World of Wendy's.

Dark Age of McDonald's.

Final Foodservice XI?

Restaraunt Online - it can be the Korean version, where all the passwords are stored in an unencrypted text file on the web server.

I'm sure at some point there'll be a MMOG based around restaurants (Three Rings are considering a new project in the future, so it may be worthwhile), although slapping a multiplayer component on an existing game is not as good as making a new game designed from the ground up for multiplayer.

Matt

12-30-2004 at 03:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Diner Dash (0)  
although slapping a multiplayer component on an existing game is not as good as making a new game designed from the ground up for multiplayer.

Indeed, though it might work in YPP (with some more puzzly modifications) as the bartending game... I think it would be a bit more interesting than the current single-player oriented crafting puzzles.

12-30-2004 at 05:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: Diner Dash (0)  
As I understand it, the single-player crafting puzzles are single-player as that's their job. Multiplayer puzzles tend to be either in the domain of the carousing puzzles (in which case, maybe a different metaphor for the same mechanics would work, like singing) or the oft-mentioned Adventure Islands. A 'bartending' puzzle probably wouldn't happen, as pirates are far more likely to just get their own drink, but the same mechanics could be used for another type of puzzle.

Matt

12-31-2004 at 03:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Diner Dash
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com