Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Image overlay channels
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 488
IP: Logged
icon Image overlay channels (0)  
I was experimenting with image overlays. I wanted to create something like the vortexes in the final level of TSS, which disappear one at a time as the player solves the room. And I found that things get weird if you try to do it with more than four vortexes, or whatever you're making vanish.

See, the way to make an image overlay disappear is to use the command cancellayer, which removes everything on a layer. These layers correspond to the tabs in the room editor. And there's only four of those. Seems kind of restrictive.

So, I thought, how about instead of canceling a layer, we could assign image overlays a "channel" that doesn't affect anything visually, but rather, allows a "cancelchannel" command to turn off anything on that channel. If there's no command to assign a channel, it would default to channel 0.

There actually seems to be a lot more potential here for modifying image overlays in the middle of their animation. But for now, I just want to be able to turn off more than four.

12-21-2023 at 11:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
hyperme
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1072
IP: Logged
icon Re: Image overlay channels (+3)  
5.2 will support assigning image overlays to groups. See this PR for additional details.

12-22-2023 at 09:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Image overlay channels
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com