Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Holds : The Tower of Chaos (Take on the Tower of Darkness with 0 DEF.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

3.5/10 (2 votes)
σ 0.50
Author Name:azb
Submitted By:azb
Hold Name:The Tower of Chaos
Theme:Take on the Tower of Darkness with 0 DEF.
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:7
Number of Rooms:38
Number of Monsters:167
Version:DROD RPG: Tendry's Tale (1.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+0 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: The Tower of Chaos Re-Fixed.drh (29.7 KB)
Downloaded 56 times.
License: Other
icon The Tower of Chaos  
In this game, you start at 0 DEF and only very little HP and ATK compared to normal.

The intention of this hold was to make it so that every monster was exactly 35% health, 18% attack, 1% defense, and 1% greckles and reputation as a monster from the originial RPG gang of baddies.
09-29-2023 at 12:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Midootje
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 109
icon Re: The Tower of Chaos (0)  
Not sure if this was in previous versions as well, but in The Tower, defeating the Prince of Chaos (3S) drops the trapdoor on the next turn, but doesn't remove the trapdoor gate. I assume this happens because we as the player aren't the one dropping it. Exiting and entering the room doesn't help either.

[Last edited by Midootje at 10-23-2023 01:34 PM]
10-23-2023 at 01:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: The Tower of Chaos (+1)  
What version of the game are you using? There was a bug when HAing this where in the most recent stable version because the red door was being deliberately toggled but removing the trapdoor also toggled the door, the door to the pickaxe wouldn't open. This got fixed to make it possible to complete the hold. I assume there was a behaviour change somewhere along the way in the engine to have removing all trapdoors toggle the doors.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 10-23-2023 02:13 PM]
10-23-2023 at 02:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Midootje
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 109
Oh my, I haven't updated in forever. Pretty weird, since I fully completed an earlier version of this hold where I guess this bug didn't appear. Oh well, no harm done!

11-01-2023 at 11:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 460
Does anyone have any comments on this hold in terms of how fun it is to play, or anything I could have done better for future RPG holds?

03-23-2024 at 10:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Holds : The Tower of Chaos (Take on the Tower of Darkness with 0 DEF.) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com