Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Fendik's Fortress (random idea generator)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.0/10 (3 votes)
σ 2.16
Author Name:mauvebutterfly
Submitted By:mauvebutterfly
Hold Name:Fendik's Fortress
Theme:random idea generator
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:9
Number of Rooms:102
Number of Monsters:681
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:3 (+3 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Fendiks Fortress.hold (81.9 KB)
Downloaded 217 times.
License: Other
icon Fendik's Fortress  
This hold was made using the Official Ideas Generator. A roll was made for each level of the hold, yielding 3 elements, 1 theme, and 1 interaction. Levels were then built around these rolls. Some rolls were unfortunate and probably should have been rerolled, but they weren't.
02-05-2023 at 12:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3639
IP: Logged
icon Re: Fendik's Fortress (+2)  
I've started a commentated playthrough of this hold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXt9QrymIDU&list=PLPJnHh-qd0aDEADhwjd57BCsyyT5bOl-d

The 8 brains and random themes listed on this hold might look intimidating, but it's more approachable than it might seem. It has free access to all levels, so if level 1's rattlesnakes are giving you problems, you can try out level 2 even before completing level 1 - or even try levels 3 through 6.

I haven't gotten real far into the hold yet, but so far each room has been pretty amenable to parsing it, looking for problem spots, and working backwards - the good old-fashioned DROD detective work.

So, if it's been a while since you played the hold, or you've been meaning to try it for a while, take look and you may be pleasantly surprised.

05-05-2024 at 05:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Fendik's Fortress (random idea generator) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com