Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : ChatGPT
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Rabscuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2460
IP: Logged
icon ChatGPT (+3)  
me: Can you give me some ideas for DROD rooms?

chatgpt: Sure, here are a few ideas for rooms that you could create in DROD:

A "Maze Room": This room would feature a complex maze of walls and obstacles, with the goal being to navigate through the maze and reach the exit. The maze could include dead-ends, false exits, and hidden passages to make it more challenging.

A "Timed Room": This room would feature a series of obstacles or enemies that the player must navigate through in a certain amount of time. The player could be given extra time for completing certain tasks, such as defeating all of the enemies in the room or finding a hidden key.

A "Puzzle Room": This room would feature a series of puzzles that the player must solve in order to progress. The puzzles could include manipulating levers and buttons, arranging objects in a specific order, or decoding clues.

A "Combat Room": This room would feature a large number of enemies that the player must defeat in order to progress. The player could use a combination of stealth and gadgets to take out the enemies one at a time, or engage in a more direct battle using the game's combat system.

A "Trapped Room": This room would feature a variety of traps and hazards that the player must navigate through in order to reach the exit. The traps could include spikes, fire, and falling blocks, among others.

A "Escape Room": This room would be designed to be a challenge for the player to escape from. It could be a locked room with a series of puzzles to solve in order to find the key, or a room where the player has to avoid deadly traps to escape.

A "Memory Room": This room would challenge the player's memory. It could be a room where the player has to memorize a sequence of events in order to progress or a room where the player has to remember the position of objects in order to solve a puzzle.

These are just a few ideas to get you started, but the possibilities are endless when it comes to creating rooms in DROD. The game allows for a lot of creativity, and you can come up with your own unique puzzles, enemies and traps.
I hope this gives you some inspiration for creating your own rooms in DROD!

01-19-2023 at 12:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
icon Re: ChatGPT (+2)  
I can't wait for an AI designed hold involving obscure scripting and blind combat rooms.

01-19-2023 at 01:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1527
icon Re: ChatGPT (0)  
It seems like it "guessed" that you were talking about making a challenge for some kind of game, and just spat out a large quantity of generic advice that would work for video or tabletop games?

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

01-19-2023 at 02:59 AM
kolbesag
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
Interesting that the advice though vague, was able to come close to certain styles of puzzles in DROD.

I have always like that handcrafted component DROD and other logic puzzles though. Randomly generated puzzles for me feel arbitrary to complete.
01-19-2023 at 10:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
icon Re: ChatGPT (+3)  
I asked it about the plot of the games, and while it knows Beethro is a dungeon exterminator, it makes up a bunch of stuff. In JTRH, Beethro fights and defeats the Evil Empire; TCB involves Beethro coming out of retirement to help the king of the underground world. GatEB is about Gunthro, Beethro's nephew, in a parallel world where the Empire was never defeated. TSS is about Gunthro exploring the second sky, which is a completely different underground world.

I asked it to make up a story for Drod: Treacle Stew and this is what it came up with:
Once upon a time, in the underground world of DROD, there was a grand kingdom known as the Treacle Kingdom. This kingdom was known for its delicious treacle stew, a recipe passed down through generations that was said to have magical properties.

The Treacle Kingdom was ruled by a wise king and his daughter, Princess Treacle. One day, an evil sorcerer, who was jealous of the kingdom's prosperity, cast a spell on the treacle mines, causing the treacle stew to lose its magic and causing the mines to flood with sticky treacle.

The king, desperate to save his kingdom, hired Beethro Budkin, the famous dungeon exterminator, to go into the mines and fix the problem. Beethro, armed with his sword and wits, delved into the mines and began his quest.

As he made his way through the mines, Beethro encountered all sorts of obstacles, from sticky floors to treacle monsters. He also met strange characters such as the treacle miners who were affected by the spell and have turned into treacle creatures.

Despite the challenges, Beethro pressed on and eventually reached the source of the problem - the sorcerer's lair. After a fierce battle, Beethro defeated the sorcerer and broke the spell, restoring the magic to the treacle stew and saving the kingdom.

As a reward for his bravery, Beethro was given a lifetime supply of treacle stew and the gratitude of the Treacle Kingdom. From then on, the kingdom prospered once more, and the treacle stew was enjoyed by all who tried it.

And thus, Beethro's adventure in "DROD: Treacle Stew" came to a sweet end.

01-19-2023 at 02:33 PM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: ChatGPT (+5)  
Rabscuttle wrote:
A "Combat Room": This room would feature a large number of enemies that the player must defeat in order to progress. The player could use a combination of stealth and gadgets to take out the enemies one at a time, or engage in a more direct battle using the game's combat system.
I could immediately hear, in Beethro's voice,

"Combat system? I hit things with my sword and they die. Is that a system?"
01-28-2023 at 03:28 AM
Rabscuttle
icon Re: ChatGPT (+1)  
Sure, here's an example written in the style of an enthusiastic teenager:

Subject: Intro Alert! It's Your New Buddy, [Your Name]

Hey DROD peeps!

I'm super duper excited to join this rad community! My name is [Jane Doe] and I've been a total DROD fangirl for 10 whole years!

DROD is the BOMB with its amazing puzzles and sick level design. I'm always finding new ways to solve levels and it's just SO COOL! I love playing with my friends and trying to beat each other's scores on the leaderboards. It's always a fun competition!

I can't wait to chat with all of you about everything DROD! Let's keep this love for the game going strong!

Peace out,
[Jane Doe]

---

Certainly, here's an example written in the style of an elderly man who struggles with new technology:

Subject: Greetings from [Your Name]

Hello, everyone.

My name is [John Doe] and I have recently joined this group dedicated to the game "DROD". I have been a fan of puzzles for many years and I am pleased to find a group of like-minded individuals.

I must admit, this new technology is not always easy for me to navigate. My granddaughter set up this account for me and I am hoping to learn more about this game and its enthusiasts.

I have heard that DROD is a clever game with unique puzzles. I look forward to hearing more about it and perhaps sharing some of my own experiences with puzzles.

Sincerely,
[John Doe]

---

Sure! Here's an example written in the style of a breakfast radio DJ:

Subject: Good Morning, DROD Fans! It's [Your Name] from the Radio Waves!

Rise and shine, DROD lovers! It's your favorite breakfast radio DJ, [Tommy Tune], bringing you the latest news and updates from the DROD community!

I've been a big fan of DROD for as long as I can remember. There's just something about those clever puzzles and unique level design that keep me coming back for more. Whether I'm trying to beat my own time on the leaderboards or playing with friends, DROD is always a good time!

That's why I'm thrilled to be joining this community and connecting with all of you. I can't wait to chat about our favorite levels, share tips and tricks, and keep the love for this classic game alive!

So sit back, relax, and enjoy the sounds of the DROD community with your favorite DJ, [Tommy Tune]. Let's get this morning started!

Rock on,
[Tommy Tune]
02-03-2023 at 11:33 PM
Rabscuttle
Certainly, here's an example written in the style of someone who hates spambots:

Subject: [Your Name] Joining the Fight Against Spambots

Hello DROD community,

I, [Tom Smith], have joined this forum to do my part in the fight against spambots. I cannot stand these mindless robots that clog up our forums and disrupt the flow of conversation.

I am a DROD enthusiast and I want to keep the discussion focused on the game, not on irrelevant spam. I believe that we can work together to create a clean and enjoyable environment for all DROD fans.

So let's do our part and report any suspicious activity. We can make this forum a better place for everyone.

[Tom Smith] is here to help, and to put an end to the spambot invasion!

Sincerely,
[Tom Smith]
02-03-2023 at 11:45 PM
Rabscuttle
Subject: [Your Name] Apologizing for Posting Too Many ChatGPT Conversations

Dear DROD community,

I, [Michael], want to apologize for posting too many ChatGPT conversations in the forums recently. I understand that it can be overwhelming and disruptive to the community, and I want to assure everyone that it was not my intention to cause any inconvenience or annoyance.

I'm a huge fan of both DROD and ChatGPT, and I was so excited to share some of the interesting and informative conversations I've had with the AI. However, I now realize that I may have gone overboard and posted too much, which is why I'm writing this apology.

I promise to be more mindful and respectful of the community's needs and interests in the future. I value being a part of this community and I want to contribute in a positive and meaningful way.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any harm I may have caused. I hope that we can continue to engage in productive and enjoyable discussions about DROD and all things related to the game.

Best regards,
[Michael]
02-03-2023 at 11:52 PM
Rabscuttle
Here's a sample TV ad for the Slayer character in DROD:

[Scene opens on the Slayer, standing tall and menacing, in a dark and creepy dungeon. He's holding his hook, with the wisp floating nearby. The camera zooms in on his face as he speaks directly to the viewer.]

Slayer: Are you tired of easy prey, and boring hunts? Do you crave a challenge, a hunt like no other? Look no further, for the Slayer has arrived!

[Cut to a montage of fast-paced, action-packed scenes showing the Slayer pursuing Beethro through various rooms and obstacles, the wisp leading the way and the hook slicing through the air. The montage is set to a thrilling, pulse-pounding soundtrack.]

Slayer [voiceover]: The Slayer is the ultimate hunter, armed with his hook and wisp. No door can stop him, no turn can hide you. The wisp will find you, and the hook will follow.

[Cut back to the Slayer, standing in the same spot as before, a smirk on his face.]

Slayer: So come and face the Slayer, in DROD: The City Beneath. Can you survive the hunt? Or will you be the next to fall?

[The screen fades to black and the DROD logo appears, with the tagline "The Hunt Begins".]

----

Previously in the conversation, I told it what the Slayer did, and about the wisp and hook, and two of the Slayer lines (wisp will find you & awkwardness that pains me). Also that the Slayer can open doors. I also asked it to write some poems which weren't great, but one pair of lines was
"So now the hunter and the hunted play
A deadly game in rooms of death,"
which I thought was kinda neat.
02-11-2023 at 04:33 AM
disoriented
Rank Points: 2379

File: drodpoem.png (220.8 KB)
Downloaded 401 times.
License: Public Domain

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
03-27-2023 at 09:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented

File: aiart.png (94.6 KB)
Downloaded 347 times.

03-29-2023 at 06:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
navithmastero
Rank Points: 595
icon Re: ChatGPT (+4)  
I asked Midjourney to imagine 'Rooted Hold', 'The City Beneath' and 'The Second Sky':

Rooted Hold:

The City Beneath:

The Second Sky:

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:

[Last edited by navithmastero at 06-04-2023 10:00 AM]
06-04-2023 at 09:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
There's actually a website where anyone can make a chatbot of almost any character they want. No programming skill needed.

character.ai

But I'm not going to try to make one of Beethro. I'd rather leave that to the professionals. And by "professionals", I mean Eric.

[Last edited by averagemoe at 06-04-2023 09:36 PM]
06-04-2023 at 09:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
disoriented

File: 3f78f1d3-5b80-4268-9af4-7346cc37bd6a.jpeg (85.5 KB)
Downloaded 126 times.
icon Re: ChatGPT (+3)  
This was posted in chat, by Schik I think. Bing image generation of Beethro smiting a roach.

07-08-2023 at 05:18 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : ChatGPT
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com