Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Ready to dive into the stew! (A couple of questions for Caravel, I guess)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Bombadil
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 509
IP: Logged
icon Ready to dive into the stew! (+2)  
Hi all! Great to see the latest Smitemaster's Selection has been released! Thanks to everyone involved.

Time to dust off my Really Big Sword and get smiting again! I reckon it'll be much harder now that it's been a long time since I last seriously DROD; and having a toddler running around the house definitely won't help either! I might have to start with TSS as I don't think I ever got around to finishing it...

I've gone to the Purchases tab in my profile to download the new SS and noticed a couple of things:

- I could get links to claim the games on GoG! However, two of them (JtRH and TCB) say you're out of stock, and the rest don't work (GoG says "Code not found."). Is there anything I can do to get working keys? It'd be great to have the games accessible on GoG as well.

- I still have one credit for a Smitemaster's Selection CD. I don't even know if these will be produced anymore, but just curious if there's plans of creating something physical for the release. I really enjoyed digging through the other goodies in the CDs. (And shiny discs are always nice, even if they've fallen out of grace as of late.)

Take care everyone!

[Last edited by Bombadil at 12-09-2022 08:26 AM]
12-08-2022 at 10:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Ready to dive into the stew! (0)  
Hi!
Bombadil wrote:
Hi all! Great to see the latest Smitemaster's Selection has been released! Thanks to everyone involved.
Chaco deserves 99% of the credit for producing this hold.
- I could get links to claim the games on GoG! However, two of them (JtRH and TCB) say you're out of stock, and the rest don't work (GoG says "Code not found."). Is there anything I can do to get working keys? It'd be great to have the games accessible on GoG as well.
More quirks. We only have KDD, JtRH, and TCB released as a trilogy bundle on GOG. So, we don't have individual game keys for these on GOG. If you own all three, you should have access to a trilogy bundle key. (Without KDD you won't see it.)
- I still have one credit for a Smitemaster's Selection CD. I don't even know if these will be produced anymore, but just curious if there's plans of creating something physical for the release. I really enjoyed digging through the other goodies in the CDs. (And shiny discs are always nice, even if they've fallen out of grace as of late.)
Sorry, I don't have any current plans to produce a physical CD for Treacle Stew.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-09-2022 at 05:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
icon Re: Ready to dive into the stew! (+3)  
For what it's worth, I play on GoG and my install worked fine for Treacle Stew when it was purchased through the Caravel website. Obviously my GoG install (specifically The Second Sky) is linked with my Caravel account.

Just letting GoG users know that the Smitemaster's Selections do work on that platform if you have an account.

12-09-2022 at 06:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Bombadil
icon Re: Ready to dive into the stew! (0)  
mrimer wrote:
More quirks. We only have KDD, JtRH, and TCB released as a trilogy bundle on GOG. So, we don't have individual game keys for these on GOG. If you own all three, you should have access to a trilogy bundle key. (Without KDD you won't see it.)

Ah, that must be it. I don't own a separate copy of KDD, just as a Smitemaster's Selection (KDD 2.0). Strange that I can still see some old GoG codes from when (I assume) the games were sold separately. Should have activated them then. :P

Sorry, I don't have any current plans to produce a physical CD for Treacle Stew.

Ah, shame. (Although perfectly understandable.)

mauvebutterfly wrote:
For what it's worth, I play on GoG and my install worked fine for Treacle Stew when it was purchased through the Caravel website. Obviously my GoG install (specifically The Second Sky) is linked with my Caravel account.

Just letting GoG users know that the Smitemaster's Selections do work on that platform if you have an account.

I guess I'll have to play them through Steam or the native apps, but thanks for the info anyway mauvebutterfly!
12-11-2022 at 01:33 AM
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545

File: caravelpurchases-tuttle.png (152.8 KB)
Downloaded 45 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Ready to dive into the stew! (+1)  
mrimer wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
For what it's worth, I don't see a GOG trilogy key (or a KDD/JtRH/TCB key) even with owning all the things. (Not particularly looking for one, just pointing it out because it sounds like it's supposed to look different for me than the attached screenshot.)
12-11-2022 at 04:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Ready to dive into the stew! (+2)  
Tuttle wrote:
For what it's worth, I don't see a GOG trilogy key (or a KDD/JtRH/TCB key) even with owning all the things. (Not particularly looking for one, just pointing it out because it sounds like it's supposed to look different for me than the attached screenshot.)
Oh! My apologies for the issue. This may be something we haven't completely hooked up. I'll ask Schik about it.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-12-2022 at 06:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Bombadil
Bombadil wrote:
I guess I'll have to play them through Steam or the native apps, but thanks for the info anyway mauvebutterfly!

So, I've been trying to figure this out... but I might need a bit of a hand.

I'd like to play on a Mac, ideally from a single game version. The binaries I can get from here don't really work (they don't open, maybe I'm on a too old/new version of OSX (12.1)?).

I then tried the Steam versions (initially there was no sound but I managed to fix by searching a bit on the forum). However:

- For TSS, even with CaravelNet I can't download any official holds. The bars for downloading/calculating space/importing show up and fill up, but there is no "Data imported successfully" message at the end, and the hold still shows as not downloaded on the list. (I seem to be able to download non-official holds without issues.)
- For GatEB, I think all the official holds were already installed when I downloaded the game (probably as I own all SS/DLCs, etc) except for TSS. TSS doesn't show on the hold list as downloadable.

I guess I could play TSS in TSS, and everything else through GatEB, but I'd rather not have to have two copies of the game installed...

Is this intended? Am I missing something? I tried to search the forums, but haven't found anyone with similar issues... :weep

Any help would be appreciated. :) Thanks!
12-19-2022 at 10:00 AM
disoriented
Rank Points: 2384
icon Re: Ready to dive into the stew! (+3)  
The Mac issues are being fixed for the 5.1.1 release - here’s the thread

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
12-19-2022 at 11:11 AM
JamesBond007
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 43
I would like to add Treacle Stew to my collection as well, but email from Caravel doesn't show up. Already checked the spam folder. I do have confirmation emails from BMT Micro about purchasing a credit.
10-17-2023 at 02:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
JamesBond007 wrote:
I would like to add Treacle Stew to my collection as well, but email from Caravel doesn't show up. Already checked the spam folder. I do have confirmation emails from BMT Micro about purchasing a credit.
I just PM'd you your link to activate the purchase.

10-17-2023 at 04:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Ready to dive into the stew! (A couple of questions for Caravel, I guess)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com