Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Introspection Idle (It has introspection and idles)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
IP: Logged
icon Introspection Idle (+4)  
I made a new game! It has things

Play it here: https://evidentlycube.itch.io/introspection-idle

08-26-2022 at 09:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2460
icon Re: Introspection Idle (0)  
I feel like I'm missing at least 2 things to do.

...select all, copy, paste: found them.

Swept doesn't appear on reloading until you sweep some more.

I assume there's no way to get more regrets?
08-26-2022 at 11:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Rabscuttle wrote: I assume there's no way to get more regrets?
You can always get more regrets. Try kicking a well-intentioned squirrel!

Oh... you probably mean in the game.

-Erik

08-26-2022 at 11:48 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
I think I probably got all the things. But I used my webdev skills to cheat and see the hidden `divs`.

I like it!

-Erik

08-26-2022 at 11:51 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1527
icon Re: Introspection Idle (+3)  
As far as I recall, the person who made cookie clicker basically intended it as a parody, a mockery of how dumb the entire concept of idle games were. And yet it became one of the kings of the "genre", with people willingly pouring ours into grinding and re-grinding their way through it. I think I saw/heard this from a video on the "people make games" channel?

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 08-27-2022 04:23 AM]
08-27-2022 at 04:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
if you go to another tab or something and come back a few hours later the "Second Wasted" increase at the rate of about 20/s until it catches up.
08-27-2022 at 04:25 AM
skell
Rank Points: 3734
@Rabscuttle: No, you can only lose regrets. Otherwise why would you play an idle game?

@ErikH2000: All is fair in idle games. Using my hacky dev skills is how I usually cut short the fixation when I start to feel I waste too much time on an idler.

@Xindaris: I think I heard that before too. It might've been intended as a satire, but it turns out a lot of humans just like watching numbers grow!

@Rabscuttle: Yup, sounds about right. The timer is set to 50ms and it only updates one second per timer's tick. With this ingenious game you can find many ways to make the numbers grow!

08-27-2022 at 08:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2430
icon Re: Introspection Idle (+2)  
What I recall is that the creator of Cookie Clicker was originally inspired by Candy Box, where the idle game portion was basically a facade and after interacting with it for a while you'd find an actual game in there which had much more to do. I don't remember a lot of details beyond that.

Definitely has origins in or near parody, though.
08-27-2022 at 03:35 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Introspection Idle (It has introspection and idles)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com