Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Untold Untold Tales of Gunthro Budkin : Forewarned Fortress : 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Illusionist
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
IP: Logged
icon The Untold Untold Tales of Gunthro Budkin : Forewarned Fortress : 1 West (0)  
Sigh. I don't have any ideas on how to solve the room. I guess that I have to make a labyrinth of sorts? And use the soldier to lead the roach, but at the same time have the roach kill them? and then go to me, so I can push it to the forced arrow or what?
01-26-2022 at 02:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kalin
Rank Points: 185
icon Re: The Untold Untold Tales of Gunthro Budkin : Forewarned Fortress : 1 West (+1)  
Your posts inspired me to try this hold myself. And after 4 days of work, I've caught up to you.

First hint for this room:
Click here to view the secret text

Second hint:

01-30-2022 at 11:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Illusionist
icon Re: The Untold Untold Tales of Gunthro Budkin : Forewarned Fortress : 1 West (0)  
Kalin wrote:
Your posts inspired me to try this hold myself. And after 4 days of work, I've caught up to you.

First hint for this room:

Second hint:

This hint is kinda misleading, but it did inspire me to try something:

It's a good hold, albeit some of the puzzles look scary at first

[Last edited by Illusionist at 02-01-2022 10:05 AM]
02-01-2022 at 09:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kalin
icon Re: The Untold Untold Tales of Gunthro Budkin : Forewarned Fortress : 1 West (0)  
Was that hint intended for 1N1W? You can't kill roaches here before hitting the orb.

02-01-2022 at 01:12 PM
Illusionist
Kalin wrote:
Was that hint intended for 1N1W? You can't kill roaches here before hitting the orb.
Yup, wrong thread, sorry :blush

and since we are here, any chance for a more spoilery hint in regards to some details?

[Last edited by Illusionist at 02-04-2022 01:34 PM]
02-04-2022 at 01:33 PM
Kalin
icon Re: The Untold Untold Tales of Gunthro Budkin : Forewarned Fortress : 1 West (+1)  
For this room?

More spoilery:

The room north of here was much easier than expected. I think I did it on my first try (with lots of undo, of course).

I'd hate to see anyone try this hold without unlimited undo.
02-04-2022 at 03:53 PM
Illusionist
Kalin wrote:
For this room?

More spoilery:

Nope, that doesn't give me any ideas. I tried different settings, but the room is really technical to the fault. The best I do is when I set the two soldiers "hugging" each other, but it's far from helping me to complete the room. It's not a matter of vagueness, but rather the setting of the soldiers. Or maybe I just have a completely different concept

Also, I agree about the unlimited movement. Without that I doubt I wouldn't go far in DROD

[Last edited by Illusionist at 02-08-2022 01:59 PM]
02-08-2022 at 01:29 PM
Kalin

File: UUToGB.jpg (202.2 KB)
Downloaded 89 times.
License: Public Domain
Ultimate spoiler (room setup before hitting orb)

[Last edited by Kalin at 02-08-2022 06:41 PM]
02-08-2022 at 06:40 PM
Illusionist
Thanks man, I don't think I would beat it on my own.

I did try something similar to this, but it failed, because I placed the soldier in different place, so I guess that's why I didn't try it further.
02-09-2022 at 08:55 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Untold Untold Tales of Gunthro Budkin : Forewarned Fortress : 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com