Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Artful Architecture : Tricolour Trial : 2 North, 2 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
kikuchiyo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
IP: Logged
icon Artful Architecture : Tricolour Trial : 2 North, 2 West (0)  
When should the adder be released, and what path should it take?

I know what I have to do
Click here to view the secret text
I just can't get the adder to cooperate.
12-23-2021 at 04:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
icon Re: Artful Architecture : Tricolour Trial : 2 North, 2 West (+1)  
Time it so the adder's head is next to the corridor on turn 6. Then just be north of it and it will reach the upper half of the area.
12-23-2021 at 06:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kikuchiyo
icon Re: Artful Architecture : Tricolour Trial : 2 North, 2 West (0)  
Turn 6?? Is that possible? I can get the head next to the arrow on turn 5, which means that it has the wrong parity for turn 6.

In any case, getting it to the upper half of the circuit wasn't a problem, getting it to not eat the second four roaches was.

So apparently I need more detailed hints. When, and how, and in what order do I have to release the second set of roaches and the adder?
12-23-2021 at 06:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
icon Re: Artful Architecture : Tricolour Trial : 2 North, 2 West (+1)  
Sorry, I meant next to the door into the corridor.

My demos involve getting all the roaches into a column, with the lowest roach being aligned with the top tunnel. Then I let the adder eat one on the same turn I go through the tunnel, and then lead three roaches into the arrow passage. The move order works out so that the other four roaches all pass the arrow. It's hard to tell from the demos alone if there's any particular tricks in making the move order work out, though.
12-23-2021 at 07:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kikuchiyo
icon Re: Artful Architecture : Tricolour Trial : 2 North, 2 West (0)  
That worked out. Thanks!

As for the move order,
Click here to view the secret text

12-23-2021 at 08:03 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Artful Architecture : Tricolour Trial : 2 North, 2 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com