Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Will you be buying JtRH? (What are your plans when JtRH comes out?)
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
What are your plans when JtRH comes out?
Buying it straight away
Probably going to buy it
Will play the free part and see if its worth it
Probably not going to buy it
Definitely won't buy it
Note: Viewing results forfeits your right to vote.
Poster Message
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
IP: Logged
icon Will you be buying JtRH? (+1)  
See poll. Hopefully I haven't missed a thread around here where this was done before - it will be interesting to see how many people will be buying the game.

How about everyone posts their reasons why they should be the first person to get a copy of this game ;) Just for fun, not as if the best reason will make it actually come true or something..
12-08-2004 at 03:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
icon Re: Will you be buying JtRH? (0)  
I'm gonna buy this the second I'm able to. Hopefully, that'll mean as soon as I'm back from working at sea, but if it's released later than that I'll buy it the second it's out. I don't care how much it costs... nothing can stop me from playing JtRH! NOTHING!!!! :D

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
12-08-2004 at 03:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Abbyzzmal
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 348
DROD is the most important video game ever made.

There have been about three games I've played that I've really enjoyed over the course of my life. There was The Incredible Machine, there was Heaven and Earth, and DROD. I bought copies of Heaven and Earth and the Incredible Machine, hence I will buy DROD, especially since it has all the best traits of both of those games (raw puzzle confusion and the malleability of simple parts).

Really, why wouldn't you? I've spent more money on internet scams than DROD is going to cost. Twenty bucks and hundreds of hours of future spare time is all you'll have to pay. Best deal out there.
12-08-2004 at 03:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
I'm already entitled a free copy. No bling out of my wallet. :D

12-08-2004 at 04:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stuwy
Rank Points: 212
As for me, I'm definatley buying it. Over a year of waiting for an amazing upgrade to a game I love, Plus the countless hours I'm going to spend on it. Can't wait!
12-08-2004 at 04:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
I have a free copy coming but I would buy it anyway.
Simply because DROD is one of top-3 puzzle games ever on my list!

Go JtRH!
12-08-2004 at 05:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
Rank Points: 349
Definitely buying. And I don't buy things (apart from lunch and bus tickets) very often.

12-08-2004 at 03:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fafnir
Rank Points: 315
It's like DROD, only fifty thousand times better. Nah, I think I can pass that up. Of course I'm buying it straight away! The only issue is whether the postage charges (and, more importantly, time) from the US will be painful enough that I'll have to buy the download version.

12-08-2004 at 05:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
b0rsuk
Rank Points: 489
Better or not, it doesn't matter if you hardly earn enough to pay the fee for your university (How many grammar errors ?). I'm probably not going to buy it, unless everybody on drod.net forum starts screaming how incredibly amazing the JTRH hold is.

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
12-09-2004 at 02:38 PM
bdcribbs
Rank Points: 390
... unless everybody on drod.net forum starts screaming how incredibly amazing the JTRH hold is

:w00t The JtRH hold is so incredibly amazing!!!! :w00t

Seriously though, I'm sold, no question about it. I hope the pricing has been decided upon by Christmas. If it is, maybe I'll buy you one as a gift.
12-09-2004 at 05:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bradwall
Rank Points: 423
b0rsuk wrote:
I'm probably not going to buy it, unless everybody on drod.net forum starts screaming how incredibly amazing the JTRH hold is.

I will be screaming about it. I really enjoy it. Very, very well done. Worth it's weight in gold.

EDIT: But, at least you will be able to play around with the demo first. It will give you a good idea of what it is all about.

[Edited by bradwall at Local Time:12-09-2004 at 05:29 PM]
12-09-2004 at 05:28 PM
bradwall
bdcribbs wrote:
If it is, maybe I'll buy you one as a gift.

Hope you were talking to be bdcribbs! O:-
12-09-2004 at 05:30 PM
bdcribbs
Rank Points: 390
icon Re: Will you be buying JtRH? (+1)  
bradwall wrote:
Worth it's weight in gold.
I think it's worth even more than that. I just weighed a CD on which I'd burned a copy of DROD... and it didn't weigh any more than a blank CD....
12-09-2004 at 05:31 PM
bradwall
bdcribbs wrote:
bradwall wrote:
Worth it's weight in gold.
I think it's worth even more than that. I just weighed a CD on which I'd burned a copy of DROD... and it didn't weigh any more than a blank CD....

Ha, Point from me for that one.
12-09-2004 at 05:32 PM
Malarame
Rank Points: 220
It's definitely worth whatever it costs. JtRH is simply amazing. It's like KDD, only so much better. Trust me, it's worth it.

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
12-09-2004 at 05:46 PM
Phweengee
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 66
I definitely will be buying it. Hermansen's original has already provided me with so many hours of entertainment, and the caravel remake with hours more, and he's not received any money for that. I'm happy to hand him money for what looks to be such a fantastic game.
</fanboy suckup>

12-09-2004 at 06:54 PM
Donny
Rank Points: 40
Well... I'd like to by it. He made a very addicted game I've
ever played. But I don't have a credit card or any money to
pay (altought I tried to ask for it from my parents.)
so I'll just play the free copy T_T

David Hilbert (1862-1943)
12-17-2004 at 11:27 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Donny wrote:
Well... I'd like to by it. He made a very addicted game I've
ever played. But I don't have a credit card or any money to
pay (altought I tried to ask for it from my parents.)
so I'll just play the free copy T_T
*cough* Contests *cough*

12-17-2004 at 02:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
b0rsuk
I changed my plans after playing Fish Fillets. I can stand limited graphics. I can stand 3-level hold, because I will be making and playing custom holds myself.

But if music turns out to be anywhere as good as in Fish Fillets, I'll most probably buy it eventually. :rolleyes

03-09-2005 at 04:57 PM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
b0rsuk wrote:
But if music turns out to be anywhere as good as in Fish Fillets, I'll most probably buy it eventually. :rolleyes
I assure you, the music is awesome.

03-13-2005 at 03:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
b0rsuk
Judging music is one of areas where you can't rely on others.
I wouldn't expect you to say anything that could possibly hurt sales, anyway...

03-14-2005 at 06:22 AM
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
How much € will drod be ? Ill buy it if its around 0 and 25 Euro.
30 will be still ok but please let JtrH not be one of those Games who cost 59,99 € on release and drop down 10 Euros every two months because nobody buys it.....
03-14-2005 at 12:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
Nobody buy it?In your dreams.

03-14-2005 at 03:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
MeckMeck GRE wrote:
30 will be still ok but please let JtrH not be one of those Games who cost 59,99 € on release and drop down 10 Euros every two months because nobody buys it.....

I think it was going to be somewhere close to $20-25 US.
03-14-2005 at 08:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
b0rsuk wrote:
Judging music is one of areas where you can't rely on others.
I couldn't agree more.

With our music, we ended up using Emmett Plant to make a very cool song that plays from the title screen. And the rest of it is my stuff. We were going to use Emmett's music for the whole game, but at one point he was busy with some other things, and I wanted to have music done in a big hurry, so I went with my own. If you like the music that is currently in DROD: Architects' Edition then probably you are going to like music in DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold. But there's no need to make up your mind about music before you hear it--just listen when you get the demo.

-Erik

03-15-2005 at 12:32 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
MeckMeck GRE wrote:
Well, it will probably be a decent deal for you since the euro is doing so well against the US dollar right now. (Oh, for the days when I could tromp around Europe with 1$ = 1€ prices.) The JtRH price will be $19 USD for downloadable only, and $24 USD plus shipping for the CD and optional download. The price in euros, pounds, whichever will depend on the current exchange rate against the fixed price in USD. The order-taking website should perform currency conversions for you.

-Erik

03-15-2005 at 12:37 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blood Maggot
Rank Points: 42
I would much like to get this game, but I really can't afford it, and I don't like buying things over the internet. I'd probably have to steal it if I wanted it THAT much.
03-19-2005 at 02:43 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
If you can't afford JtRH, enter the contests - many people already won free copies in them.

03-19-2005 at 03:26 PM
b0rsuk
eytanz wrote:
If you can't afford JtRH, enter the contests - many people already won free copies in them.

Yes, but then you're being evil and not supporting DROD development. No DROD development means no more versions of DROD.

03-19-2005 at 04:01 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Participating in the contests is not being evil. Participating in the contests is part of ensuring that there's a vibrant DROD community which is fun for developers as well as players, and thus keeps us motivated.

03-19-2005 at 04:05 PM
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Will you be buying JtRH? (What are your plans when JtRH comes out?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com