Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : So You Want To Be A Knight (A work in progress in Arthurian myth)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 140
IP: Logged

File: sketch-joustingarea.png (51.3 KB)
Downloaded 94 times.
License: Public Domain
icon So You Want To Be A Knight (0)  

After an unfortunately not-so-inspiring 2020, Crystal Shard is working to return to the adventure gaming scene. And after Celtic mythology in ATOTK, and Nordic mythology in HQ:THOR, this time the setting is the Matter of Britain: Arthurian Myth.

I'm sure many of you know the most famous story: there's King Arthur who's looking for the Grail, and a love triangle between himself, his wife Guinevere, and his first knight Launcelot... and that's NOT what the game is about. Did you know these stories have a cast of well over a hundred knights, with their own rivalries, monsters, and quests? Would this be a great space to explore in an adventure game? Omens point to YES.

Meet Sir Launcelot the Brave. Sir Sagramore the Just. And Sir Bob the... well... I'm sure he has a great personality! Against a supporting cast of peasants, fairies, and Roman invaders, Bob really wants to become a Knight; and the other knights think he's far too wimpy. And to prove them wrong, Bob just might have to save the kingdom first...

A work in progress; stay tuned for more news.

[Last edited by Radiant at 02-26-2021 09:44 PM]
02-26-2021 at 09:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Danjen02
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Re: So You Want To Be A Knight (0)  
Glad to see you still have more projects on the go. I remember Spiderweb Software had Nethergate(?) which focused on Roman and Celtic conflict, and quite liked the setting. Europe as a wole has a ton of history and mythology in every region, and it's always nice to see games explore those themes. Is this an early concept piece, or do you have quite a bit more fleshed out already?

And that reminds me, I ought to give ATOTK another play, it's been very many years since I played it, and I think I even had to use a guide to get through to one of the endings.

04-02-2021 at 10:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : So You Want To Be A Knight (A work in progress in Arthurian myth)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com