Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Complain and Solve
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dischorran
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3406
IP: Logged
icon Complain and Solve (+1)  
This is a universal concept. Really. Heard it multiple times in the past 24 hours in multiple different games and contexts. And routinely in more than a few years of DROD.

Having trouble? Complain about it online. Not only does it boost interaction with whatever game you're enjoying, you'll probably come back in two minutes with the answer that eluded you for the past few days.

Try it!

01-12-2021 at 09:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
navithmastero
Rank Points: 595
icon Re: Complain and Solve (+3)  
I've heard that apparently this works because it forces you to evaluate everything you're doing and why it isn't working which might prompt you to try something new. For example, when you're in DROD you might be focussed on a particular set of moves but when you back out and start writing out what you've tried and why it's not working this prompts you to find a different way of doing things, or might make you see which of your assumptions is wrong.

It's a shame Complain and Solve only works with things that you can actually control!

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

01-12-2021 at 10:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
icon Re: Complain and Solve (+1)  
It works using the same principle as rubber duck debugging, which is to say, in the process of converting ideas to language, you use different parts of your brain.

01-13-2021 at 12:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Illusionist
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
icon Re: Complain and Solve (+2)  
Okay, I will be brutal here.
Dischorran, please make another hold, instead of grabbing our attention
Navithmastero, that goes to you too as well

EDIT: also, Dischorran, please don't do a sequel to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly compilation (copypaste exclusive TM (R) )

[Last edited by Illusionist at 01-15-2021 09:35 AM]
01-15-2021 at 09:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3406
icon Re: Complain and Solve (+3)  
You have less than a week on that link you now see. I hope. Or, see Architecture.

Beyond that, well, the muse does what it will, and it's been elsewhere lately. I recommend the National Puzzlers' League, or Spacechem, or waiting until local architecture is more cross-pollination and less monolithic borg projects. There's a buttload of great holds sortable by star ratings.

Your attention? Well, it's yours. If I grab it, it's because you allow me to. To be fair, I'm an excellent writer - see Advanced Concepts 2 for proof.

01-15-2021 at 10:31 AM
Illusionist
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
icon Re: Complain and Solve (0)  
Dischorran wrote:
You have less than a week on that link you now see. I hope. Or, see Architecture.

Beyond that, well, the muse does what it will, and it's been elsewhere lately. I recommend the National Puzzlers' League, or Spacechem, or waiting until local architecture is more cross-pollination and less monolithic borg projects. There's a buttload of great holds sortable by star ratings.

Your attention? Well, it's yours. If I grab it, it's because you allow me to. To be fair, I'm an excellent writer - see Advanced Concepts 2 for proof.

If it means "yes, I will gladly do a hold for you"
Then I am very glad.

[Last edited by Illusionist at 01-16-2021 07:57 AM]
01-15-2021 at 01:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Complain and Solve
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com