Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Game element idea: bomb-proof vest
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
kikuchiyo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
IP: Logged
icon Game element idea: bomb-proof vest (+2)  
I had a dream about DROD, and one of the ideas from the dream seemed to be viable even after waking up.

It's a new item that can be picked up, a bomb-proof vest, that would make it possible for Beethro to survive a bomb blast. It would be ruined after a single use so a new one would be needed for each blast.

I wonder if this is scriptable.

(In the dream I was playing DROD, and the item was actually called a fire retardant suit, and there was a counterpart, a fire-proof mimic. The room I was playing had an exit to a secret room protected by bombs that could be unlocked with such a special mimic. But then the dream switched into first-person mode, so I had to go into a shed as Beethro and unpack the suit myself. I suppose this latter part would be out of scope.)
12-20-2020 at 03:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 460
IP: Logged
icon Re: Game element idea: bomb-proof vest (+1)  
I believe it should be scriptable - I remember how there was an entry in the troll holds compilation in 2016 that was a scripted weapons arsenal, and one of the weapons was an extra life, so that the first time a roach ate you, the roach would die instead. I think you can script something on a similar principle (and probably having similar code/mechanics too) so that the vest disintegrates on the first explosion.

12-21-2020 at 05:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Game element idea: bomb-proof vest
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com