Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Crash while running between rooms with lots of lights while alpha blending is off
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1531
IP: Logged
icon Crash while running between rooms with lots of lights while alpha blending is off (0)  
While running the latest 5.1.1 candidate build, I encountered a crash a couple of times during today's alphabet stream.

My entry for the "Twelve Days of Christmas" hold, "The Quest for the List", has darkness and a lot of red and green lights splattered all over; it's really quite ugly and difficult to parse. So I went into settings and turned alpha blending off, and was just running around back and forth between the rooms when DROD suddenly crashed. I got it to crash again doing the same thing (in different rooms but the same level), but after turning alpha blending back on I couldn't get it to crash again.

I'll try and figure out how to link to the specific point in the stream where that first happened a little later, so anyone who wants to investigate can see what I was doing.

EDIT: Here's the point where I turned alpha blending off. The crashes are shortly afterward -- https://www.twitch.tv/videos/827109977?t=2h55m34s

In case it matters, there is also a weather effect (snow), and my repeat rate is set pretty high. Also, DROD.err was empty afterward.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 12-05-2020 11:12 PM]
12-05-2020 at 11:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Crash while running between rooms with lots of lights while alpha blending is off
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com