Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Delete Entity (For cleaning up people that it's not safe to attack)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
IP: Logged
icon Delete Entity (+2)  
(Apologies if this turns out to be a duplicate.)

As far as I know, there is no way to get rid of a clone or Halph, or a timeclone outside of letting it finish its recording, as all we have with scripting is Attack Tile. And if you attack the tile, that entity dies and that's the end of the game.

So it would be useful to have a command that makes them disappear without counting as killing them. It would probably make other entities disappear too, but these are the only ones I can see where it would make a meaningful difference.

I guess this could also be a special option of some kind in Attack Tile, since it's basically the same concept.
10-21-2020 at 04:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1531
IP: Logged
icon Re: Delete Entity (0)  
Something like this would allow for more flexible clone scripted behavior, for example DF's Swap-O-Tron could now be used to swap clones with other entity types. I guess it's worth asking what happens if the command targets the player, but it doesn't seem like too big a deal--it either kills the player or does nothing, right?

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

10-21-2020 at 04:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Delete Entity (For cleaning up people that it's not safe to attack)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com