Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Add the tokens to the build menu
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
IP: Logged
icon Add the tokens to the build menu (+2)  
None of the tokens are buildable in the editor without MyScriptF hacks. They should be present in the build menu, unless there's a reason why building tokens would break things?

Edge case to consider: What if you build a conquer token, or remove one?
10-17-2020 at 09:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3624
icon Re: Add the tokens to the build menu (+1)  
Here's my vote for the conquer token case

Building a conquer token:

If the room is not yet initially-cleared on the turn the script command fires (turned green on mini-map, green doors opened, constructs stop spawning), building a conquer token in a room with no conquer tokens will then require a conquer token be hit to conquer the room.

If the room is conquered (including if it was on the same turn that the command fired), the token will not have to be hit to conquer the room, and neither will the token be activated, BUT if the player unconquers the room, the token will have to be pressed to conquer the room again.

Removing a conquer token

If the room is not yet conquered, we already have a case where briar can grow and destroy the conquer token - this makes the room impossible to clear. So for consistency this should also apply where a build marker removes the token.

If the room is already conquered (including hitting the token), removing the token will do nothing and the room will still be conquered (again consistent with briar destroying the token).

10-17-2020 at 09:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Add the tokens to the build menu (+1)  
If I remember correctly stepping on a conquer token determines the "turn score" of a demo, right?

From the point of view of how things happen internally, what would make most sense would be:

1. Right now conquer token state is stored in the room, as the turn when player stepped on it. Conquer token is treated as activated if the value is other than the default -1.
2. Building and removing conquer tokens has no effect on the value mention in #1.
3. Therefore, building a conquer token in a conquered-but-not-left room makes it unconquered again (like spawning new tar babies), making it required to finish the room.
4. Removing last conquer token will remove the requirement to step on it, but then building it again will build it in an "active" state.
5. For the purpose of demo scores, the first time player stepped on any conquer token should count regardless of whether it was removed later on.

10-17-2020 at 10:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Add the tokens to the build menu
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com