Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : 1.2.8
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
IP: Logged
icon Re: 1.2.8 (+2)  
How's it going?
02-25-2021 at 10:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: 1.2.8 (+2)  
kieranmillar wrote:
How's it going?
Apologies, I got caught up with real life these past couple months and haven't been able to work on the release. It's still on my radar, and I'm hoping to scrounge time together to get to this soon.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-12-2021 at 04:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
icon Re: 1.2.8 (+4)  
I've published version 1.2.8.398 to the Caravel Games RPG web page and the forum Downloads page.

The build number is updated beyond the previous patch to match the current posted PR version of the codebase, but there should be no additional changes beyond the fixes that were made and discussed for 1.2.8 last year.

If you would, please confirm the patch installer appears to work for you.

Also, please confirm the demo version and full version installers appear to install and run the game correctly.

Following basic smoke test validation, I'll provide the new build to partner sites (e.g., GOG) and update the Steam build.

07-29-2021 at 01:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
I downloaded and used the patch installer and can confirm it updated to 1.2.8.398. I did a quick basic playtest and all seemed fine.

Then I uninstalled the game (leaving all my custom files around so I wouldn't lose anything).

I downloaded and installed the demo. Can confirm it was version 1.2.8.398. Again a quick play test seemed OK. Then I unistalled that too.

Finally, I downloaded the full installer and installed it in the same location I previously had it installed, so it would pick up my old dat files. It is also 1.2.8.398 and again, a quick playtest appears fine.

:thumbsup
07-29-2021 at 08:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Thank you, Kieran!

(You have, doubtless, a stalwart's bravery.) :D

Really appreciate the smoke testing. Alrighty, then! Time to get 1.2.8 released everywhere.

Thanks so much for your patience getting to this point. Now we can focus on 1.3 in earnest. (hyperme has been making some nice feature improvements to the codebase, and it's time to get out another 1.3 binary for testing.)

----

Matt, did you want to run any demo/version scans at this point?

[Last edited by mrimer at 07-30-2021 11:09 PM]
07-30-2021 at 11:08 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : 1.2.8
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com