Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Skipping achievement by using pickaxe (Not necessarily a bug, but definitely an oversight.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
XX_0000_0000
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged

File: Pickaxe.jpg (259.4 KB)
Downloaded 50 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Skipping achievement by using pickaxe (+1)  
See attached screenshot, using pickaxe at this spot allows you not only to kill the pirate twice, but it also skips "Cleared Vaults" checkpoint and steam achievement since both trigger by opening trapdoor gate.

Killing the pirate and then opening trapdoor gate does trigger checkpoint, but not pirate's "Oi!" line.

[Last edited by XX_0000_0000 at 09-19-2020 07:37 AM : description typo]
09-19-2020 at 07:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
navithmastero
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 596
IP: Logged
icon Re: Skipping achievement by using pickaxe (+1)  
While this isn't intended, it's certainly not a bug. In fact, tricks like this are sort of encouraged in RPG for those who are going for high scores - it just shows that you're taking full advantage of all of the resources available at a given scorepoint. As you can see, there is a massive gap for the cleared vaults scorepoint and this is from people using the pickaxe in the spot you show above. In fact, there are a number of scorepoints throughout the game where players have found creative ways to maximise score.

For example:
Click here to view the secret text

I'll note that, apart from for optimising the 'Cleared Vaults' scorepoint, that is most certainly *not* the best place to use the pickaxe, and you should look for another place to use it to maximise your score in later scorepoints.

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

09-19-2020 at 10:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Skipping achievement by using pickaxe (Not necessarily a bug, but definitely an oversight.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com